Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Litigations (Aura's post and mine)

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Tarto-sensei

Tarto-sensei

Characters : Sootpaw//Swiftpaw//Softkit
Clan/Rank : ShadowClan Apprentice//ThunderClan Apprentice///WindClan Kit
Aries Rat
Number of posts : 3961

Litigations (Aura's post and mine) Empty
PostLitigations (Aura's post and mine)

Informations

Reception date :23 Aug 2010

.Label :Taken Too Far

.Description :The entire story of the site comprised of mainly kids around the ages of 11 to 13 (huge average) minimized (and note, if I mention a "Kyle", I'm talking about "Featherheart") :

When I joined back in December, it was virtually a new community for me. Everything was peaceful, everyone was nice, until I got into a trivial fight with an 11-year old (goes by Blazekit) who thought I was ignoring him when I was doing homework for High school. The webmaster (Mistpelt) who rarely comes on anymore told him to quit it and mentioned to me that he gets into those types of arguments all the time. After this, he went to a few of his friends (Moonpaw, Featherheart, maybe more) and formed an alliance against me simply because he continued to believe I ignored him.

The real problem started when everyone including me figured out that over 8 girls on the site had minor crushes on me because I would always politely hug them and welcome them and tell them I missed them whenever they came on, but others of the alliance saw this as "Aurastorm (that was my username) being a player and pedophile (because at the time I'm sending this message, I'm 15)". Eventually, I found out how to kill the situation and all was well for a few more months.

In another semi-related issue, an enemy site spammed ours but the administrator apologized and took full responsibility in helping us clean up, and it was at that time that I proposed to our temp webmaster, Moonmist, who was given power by Mistpelt's co-admin Graystream, to promote a couple of people as temp. mods to keep track of spam and new accounts (I was included), but eventually things got too far when she started promoting people without thought of how this would affect the site. Eventually, over 10 people had some kind of moderation power when only really three or four MAX were needed. (Plays big role of the main problem).

Now before I continue with the timeline, note that I had been sexually and racially harassed on multiple occasions (and not just me) by Moonpaw and Featherheart and occasionally Bloodpaw (will be mentioning him in the next paragraph) and I continually mentioned this to staff, but they took no notice or action.

Eventually a close friend of mine, Rainfall, began e-dating Bloodpaw and as I went with it, on Thursday August 19th of 2010, I noticed that my moderation powers were gone and I got a PM from Moonmist saying "You're being convicted of being a stalker to members in Washington." Now mind you, other fights like this came up and always by the same people, but never as serious as this.

As we held the trial, I found out that Bloodpaw, the accuser, had gotten information from Featherheart about my possible visit to Washington (I live in California). Now I told some members via PMs or Facebook that I might be able to visit a few of them in Washington with parental permission and obviously accounting for my father's business trip and obvious parental-safety issues with children, I knew that all if not a majority would decline, so I told them it was simply an idea and it would be less than a 5% chance of anything even happening, so I told them not to get their hopes up.

Bloodpaw had taken this and accused me of stalking members. Now PHSYICALLY it would impossible to take a car or plane ride from Southern California to Washington and BACK in 24 hours and I could support my location because WCC (abbreviation of the site) would use my IP address, despite my computer or laptop, to show that I'm still on California, and since I'm usually on every minute of every day, it'd show I'm in CA. This alone, even without my morale of not liking to leave this close to school time because of my straight A-record and hard work, is enough to prove that they can't convict me due to lack of evidence, as this was just paranoia.

However, they would say that "True, we don't have any evidence, but this mere trial proves you're a threat." This can be countered by the fact that ANYONE could be a stalker online, not just the possibility of me being one. They would also try to bring up files and archives of me being nice to many of its members (mainly the females) and claim that that's proof enough.

I was falsely found guilty and deleted from the site, yet here's what troubles me-- the staff hears about sexual harassment and racial jokes everyday because committed by the same people and they do nothing, but when they hear about those same harassers convicting a well-known member of SUSPECTED stalking, they go straight to deletion.

Now I heard that Bloodpaw, the accuser's motive was that he thought I would "steal Rainfall from him", seeing as I have a close relationship with her. But the entire site is composed of members that assume the first thing they think and are too naive to believe in the fifth amendment, that they can ban or delete a member without proof.

They are completely closed to negotiation by ANYONE and I highly recommend that the site be shut down for its history of fights and deletion under false pretenses AND its true webmaster for allowing the promotion of all these members AND for it still allowing the harassers to remain active.

If any more information is needed, please do not feel hesitated to ask.

Proof (screenshot)
Link
Sent by Nathan Xylar Baseem

Sootpaw, ShadowClan Apprentice
Spoiler:

Swiftkit, ThunderClan Kit
Spoiler:

Softkit, WindClan Kit
Spoiler:

Sǐwáng, Rogue Kit (To Be Born)
Spoiler:

Drizzlekit, Needs Approval
Spoiler:

Bonus Content:

Last edited by Moonmist on Tue 24 Aug 2010 - 15:28; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.triberushingwater.forumotion.com
Share this post on: reddit

Litigations (Aura's post and mine) :: Comments

Tarto-sensei
Re: Litigations (Aura's post and mine)
Post Tue 24 Aug 2010 - 8:41 by Tarto-sensei
.Answer date :24 Aug 2010

.Answer :This is Moonmist, the Third Admin. of WCC, seeing as how Mistpelt and Graystream are both away.
First off, I haven't seen any kind of harassment that hasn't been dealt with on WCC. If we see it, we give the person a warning if it's minor, then take serious action if it continues. We cannot control what happens in Private Messages, so someone has to report it (we never got many, and they were minor) or speak up (which didn't happen much).
It came to my attention that the outburst of spammers was a problem, so I made two cats from every non-Admin. or Mod. group a temporary Moderator, and took away half of those peoples' status after the spam was stopped. Then it was down to 5, but because of the stalking/harassment issue with Aurastorm, I took away his status. I was planning on giving it back, but...
Now there are three Admins., to help control the site since we all can't be on at the same time, and four or five Moderators to help out as well.
We got plenty of reports against Aurastorm and the spammers, being members of a site Aurastorm was on or being his friends, when the outburst started.
Some of the facts above, I did not see as a big issue. The fights between users-it happens. When it gets bad or out of hand, that's when I step in if someone hasn't already.
Now, Aurastorm, I understand you think I've seen harassment, but I do not understand-all of it was dealt with with appropriate ban time or warnings.
You haven't given me any proof that the users have sent you harassment in Private Messages, so I can say that those reports could be false.

What I really don't understand is why Aurastorm decided to do this, since he was going to leave the site before this whole thing started anyway. Many of the users think he is a jerk, who wants to go out with a bang and revenge.
We had evidence enough to consider Aurastorm a threat to the users' safety to we took action and I see no wrong in that.
He's asked for the users' pictures, and names. He's read the map on the site so he knows where the users in one state live, and that's where he was going to "see" the users.

Feel free to ask anything.
Mud
Post Tue 24 Aug 2010 - 9:42 by Mud
Seriously hes not the one who was get harrased, and he didnt say at first with parents permission, Twist sayed ones MUD GUESS WHAT, AURA COMING TO WASHINGTON. Than I looked up in the Cbox, it said nohing about parent permission and Aura said maybe we will get to meet.
*Bluekit
Post Tue 24 Aug 2010 - 11:06 by *Bluekit
this is CRAZEY!!
Anonymous
Post Tue 24 Aug 2010 - 11:07 by Guest
It's not even right! He lied through his teeth.
Darkshadow
Post Tue 24 Aug 2010 - 11:18 by Darkshadow
>_< I agree with Moonmist, but I also agree with Aurastorm.
I don't really think that you can have real proof- screenshot or not- unless you're at their computer in RL looking at the PM. It's not hard to fake a screenshot.
I can do it. Lookie at this- something I edited.

Litigations (Aura's post and mine) Proof10
So really, it's not fair for Aurastorm. -_-
But it's right for Moonmist to care about the site and the safety of the users. . . .
Goldfish
Post Tue 24 Aug 2010 - 12:02 by Goldfish
I personally think that Aurastorm needs another chance, we just watch him closely from now on..?
Jay
Post Tue 24 Aug 2010 - 12:08 by Jay
Are you guys litterally considering that? He is going to shut down this site,and wouldn't have even been on anymore.
Sleepy
Post Tue 24 Aug 2010 - 13:29 by Sleepy
Honestly, I do not think he is a stalker. But for safety I think at least a temporary ban. But then again, if he wants to delete the site for certain members, thats not cool. Im sorry Aura that I removed all connections from you, but I am still furious about possible deletion.
Tigs
Post Tue 24 Aug 2010 - 13:53 by Tigs
>.< Hes convicting MIST for this? She doesnt even come ON anymore. She shouldnt be blamed. NO ONE should. 😢
Tarto-sensei
Post Tue 24 Aug 2010 - 15:31 by Tarto-sensei
I offered to take all the blame. He could do anything he wanted to me as long as he left the site and its members alone. He declined.

And a temporary ban would be okay with me if I was sure he wouldn't do it again, and that all of you were safe, but I can't be 100% sure on that since he didn't know when "the business trip" was.
Sleepy
Post Tue 24 Aug 2010 - 16:17 by Sleepy
Yeah, his story doesnt sound so hot anymore. Maybe he could come back on but we could disable his PMing?
Leo
Post Tue 24 Aug 2010 - 17:30 by Leo
I just want him gone. Period.
Sleepy
Post Tue 24 Aug 2010 - 20:23 by Sleepy
As long as the site stays with ALL of our current members Im cool with anything. I dun want any sacrifices....
Jay
Post Tue 24 Aug 2010 - 21:17 by Jay
I agree,I do not want to lose anybody. But if this site is deleted,it is a factor of who is on WCC2 ><

Or if you are on other sites

Litigations (Aura's post and mine)

Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next