Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

The Amber Saga

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tarto-sensei

Tarto-sensei

Characters : Sootpaw//Swiftpaw//Softkit
Clan/Rank : ShadowClan Apprentice//ThunderClan Apprentice///WindClan Kit
Aries Rat
Number of posts : 3961

The Amber Saga Empty
PostSubject: The Amber Saga   The Amber Saga EmptyMon 23 Aug 2010 - 22:21

Okay, so this story was inspired by my Main Coon kittypet (because I want to make her feel special), named Amy Rose and our old Persian kittypet named Caley (we had her for a few years before returning her to her owner. It was like a 3-year babysitting service XD).
I'm just going to type since my goo doesn't want to make up named for the books and doesn't know when the chapters end anymore. For those who don't know, my goo is my useless-for-now imagination.
Enjoy.

"Amy!"
The fluffy gray she-cat with dark gray tabby markings, a belly with brown and white, brown hugging her eyes and nose, with amber eyes sighed. She wasn't cut out for this life. She wanted to join her mother in the wild cat Clans and fight, hunt to survive instead of just eating Twoleg slop and drinking week-old, warm water. Instead of going to the Cutter in a few days, she should be training to become a Warrior because she was almost six moons old, and-
"Amy, I need your help!"
She sighed and ran over to her older half-sister, a very fluffy calico she-cat with green eyes. Their father joined them-a tom that looked almost just like Amy, with green eyes and was less fluffy.
Amy remembered the stories by heart:
Father had been a kittypet all his life, and had a mate that was hit by a Monster and had only one kit, my half-sister. Father raised Caley by himself, and met my mother when he went hunting in the forest one day. She wasn't supposed to have him as a mate, but ended up bearing his kits, and left me here just in case after she kitted. None of the kits looked like her fake mate or herself, so Mother's mother killed her kits and the Clanmate. She stopped visiting a few moons ago, and was like a mother to my half-sister.
She found her sister looking over a small kit, beaten and bleeding. Her instincts took over and she ran to the garden and pulled the herbs she needed to help the kit-for her mother taught her what she needed-and began covering the kit in poultices and cobwebs.
"How do you remember that?"
"I'm a fast learner, Caley." Amy replied, smiling.

A few days passed and the kit was pretty much healed. He was a brown tabby with amber eyes like Amy's. After he woke up, Amy was right by him. Caley joined her, then her father. The kit backed off, scared, but Amy purred. "It's all right, I helped you. My name is Amy Rose."
"And I'm Caley, Amy's sister!"
Thier father smiled. "I'm their father, Kitty."
Amy didn't like her father's name much, but the Twoleg kit named him, so what can you do?
"I-I'm Mud," the kit said.
"Okay, Mud, how old are you?" Amy asked sweetly.
"T-three moons," he replied.
"What happened?" Caley asked.
The kit hesitated, but spoke, "My Twoleg hurts me all the time. I managed to hide in your garden, but it might find me. I think it knows your Twolegs."
A yowl pierced the sky and the kit yelped. "That's the Twoleg!"
Amy picked up the kit and saw another one running up to them. "Mud, it's coming here!"
Caley picked up the new kit and they ran inside. Amy laid down in her nest and the kits snuggled up to her once they were set down. Managing to purr, Amy was able to calm the kits down a bit. Kitty went to the flapping entrance to watch for the Twoleg, who had red or green top fur and blue bottom fur, and brown paws and head fur. Caley sat down by Amy, hoping to have the strength to fend off any threatening Twolegs. She was glad her Twolegs were gone, and a new Twoleg was coming over for a while. The new Teoleg saw the kits and petted them, looking happy. She must have though Amy kitted.
Kitty yowled and ran to the others, the Twoleg going to there Kitty was.
Mud and the other kits' Twoleg was bigger, or fluffier, and was yowling angrily. All the cats were unhappy. The kits played their part well, as did the rest of them-Caley kept giving Amy tips on being a mother since she'd been with her mother long enough to see her have another litter of kits and have them sold. Amy accepted it, along with the new kit's name-Root. She was a pure brown she-cat with amber eyes like her brother, Mud.
The Twoleg managed to get past Amy's and grabbed Mud. The adult cats hissed and Amber mewled louder. Amy's Twoleg yowled loudly and took the kit back, setting it down by Amy's belly. Both were unhappy, but the red-furred one left and the pink-furred one walked around and sat down on something.

Mud and Root were playing, with Amy watching, as Kitty walked up to his daughter. "Think I should take them in too?" he asked.
Amy smiled. "I'd say yes, but...They're more comfortable with me. Do you mind if I take them in?"
Mud and Root ran up to Amy and Kitty, eyes shining. "Really? You'd be our mother?"
"Will you tackle me if I say yes?"
The kits squealed happily and tackled Amy, taking her down. The four laughed, until Caley burst in thorugh the flapping entrance. "The Twoleg's coming back, we have to get out of here!"
Amy and Kitty each grabbed a kit and ran out through the other flap at the back of the Twoleg nest. They went into the garden and hid in the tall herbs and flowers. Kitty set down Root. "You need to go into the forest. Go straight to the forest and wait for cats to find you from EarthClan, look for your mother." he whispered. "Caley, you go too."
Caley looked sad, but nodded. "I don't know if I'll stay, but I'll go with her." She picked up Root as Amy shot her father a sad glance. She nodded and the two jumped to the top of the fence and to the other side.
The angry Twoleg storm out of the opening and Kitty went out to face it. He hissed, but the Twoleg went to the fence and looked over it. Then, it walked back to its own nest.

Amy almost cried out, but kept silent for the sake of the kits. They ran into the forest, Caley getting unhappy because they were in the forest a good ways and not found by cats. Amy was getting uneasy. Surely we went the right way?
A gray-black tuxedo tom with green eyes walked up to the cats. "Stop. You're on NightClan territory, what are you doing here?"
"We're looking for EarthClan," Amy said, setting Mud down. "We were chased out of our nest. These are my kits, and my sister. I'm Amy Rose. And my kits Mud and Root."
"And I'm Caley," Amy's sister said.
The tom stared at them for a moments. "I'm Jaystar, Leader of NightClan."
"My mother was from EarthClan, and I taught my sister. You don't need to treat us like newborn kits who don't know a thing. And my kits are three moons old, so it won't work on them, either. Root! Mud! Sit still, you're being disrespectful."
The kits were playing, but sat in silence after Amy caught them.
"Fine. I'll show you to EarthClan. They don't like outsiders too much," Jaystar said.
"Thanks!" Caley said, picking up a kit. Amy followed their lead.

Sootpaw, ShadowClan Apprentice
Spoiler:

Swiftkit, ThunderClan Kit
Spoiler:

Softkit, WindClan Kit
Spoiler:

Sǐwáng, Rogue Kit (To Be Born)
Spoiler:

Drizzlekit, Needs Approval
Spoiler:

Bonus Content:

Back to top Go down
http://www.triberushingwater.forumotion.com
Tarto-sensei

Tarto-sensei

Aries Rat

The Amber Saga Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Amber Saga   The Amber Saga EmptyMon 23 Aug 2010 - 23:24

"Jaystar, why are you here?"
"Pebblestar, these cats have come to find this Clan."
The gray-silver tom looked at the kittypets suspiciously. "What is your business here?"
"My mother is from this Clan," Amy said. "These are my kits and sister, we were chased out of our nest."
Pebblestar still wasn't trusting. "Who was your mother?"
"She was Goldclaw," Caley said. "I met her once-I mean, I'm Amy's half-sister. Our father decided to fend off the mean Twoleg."
Pebblestar hissed, which made the visiting cats flinch. "We will not accept any cats from Goldclaw's family! Her family is filled with lies."
"That's not true!" Jaystar yelled. "Skystar was ill when Goldclaw was stolen and taken here by Amberstar! She was a kit, she didn't know!"
"Be quiet!" Pebblestar yelled. Cats were gathering outside the den.
Amy sighed. "My mother was mates with a kittypet, and left me with my father and half-sister. She visited me, but her mother killed her Clanmate and my siblings."
"Ah, yes, the fox attack story," Pebblestar said. "Amberstar said that a fox killed them, and took the one that went missing. Interesting that Goldclaw thought ahead."
"She stopped visiting me about a moon ago. I was planning on coming before we were chased out, but Father wanted me to be older. I've just turned six moons, maybe seven. We lost count. I adopted Mud and Root."
Pebblestar hissed again. "Then who's your friend to us?"
"She's my half-sister," Amy said again, "her mother died before Father met Goldclaw."
Jaystar flicked his tail. "You're no better than Amberstar." he told the EarthClan leader.
"Stop!" a voice yelled. "Stop it right now!" A golden she-cat with green eyes went into the den, squeezing through the crowd of cats. She looked at Amy long and hard, purring with wide eyes. "Amy? Amy Rose?"
"Y-yes." she replied.
"Pebblestar let her join!" the she-cat yelled. "She's my kit, you have to let her come!"
"Mother?" Amy asked. "Why did you stop visiting?"
"I'm being held prisoner here," Goldclaw admitted. "They haven't forgiven me for the fight that could have been the end of the Clans, sparked after my mother's Clan was attacked and I was stolen while she was ill. I sparked another fight...not on purpose!"
"She almost killed a cat on patrol," Pebblestar said.
"I didn't! Someone set me up!"
"Let me take them," Jaystar spoke up. "I'll take them into NightClan and train them."

Goldclaw smiled the whole way to NightClan, catching up with Amy. She was hoping to go visit Kitty once again, and maybe even staying there since she was such a burden to all of the Clans except NightClan. Jaystar disagreed, but Goldclaw didn't decide right then. The cats were at the NightClan border by the Twolegplace, and Caley climbed over the fence.
Goldclaw smiled at the others and purred. "I...think I'll stay here. I'll come visit, if that's okay with you, Jaystar?"
"Of course. You gave me three new Warriors." Jaystar replied. Goldclaw climbed the fence and followed Caley. Amy leaped to the top of the fence and watched the happy reunion, and felt bad. She wanted to stay in the Clans so bad, but was already missing home. The cats walked up to the fence. "Amy, are you staying with Mud and Root in NightClan?" Kitty asked.
Amy nodded, hearing the kits playing in the pine needles. "Come visit, all right?"
The cats nodded, smiling. "Bye, Amy!"

"Amberpaw! Amberpaw! Amberpaw!" The Clan chanted. Amy was proud of her name, but was confused. Jaystar gave her the same name as the evil leader of EarthClan. Reading the NightClan leader's expression, she realized it was to show that not all cats are evil or unfair like Amberstar. She wanted to new name now, but knew it would take a while. Her mentor was Jaystar himself, and was pretty happy. The Medicine Cat was a black she-cat named Blackmist, and the Deputy was a tortoiseshell she-cat named Darkspots. She'd met a good few cats, and Mudkit and Rootkit were being cared for by a she-cat named Cinderear.

The time flew before Amberpaw realized it. She had to be at least twelve moons old and one of the smallest apprentices, besides the new Mudpaw and Rootpaw.
Amberpaw woke up to murmuring cats and a big prod in the side by Rootpaw. "Amy-uh, Amberpaw! Wake up, Goldclaw, Kitty, and Caley are here!" Amberpaw bolted upright and padded outside to see her mother, father, and half-sister waiting for her with Jaystar. She ran up to her family, purring and receiving licks on the ears. Amberpaw purred as she saw Jaystar goign to make an announcement, and Jaystar called the Clan to gather under the Flatrock. We all walked under the Flatrock and Amberpaw was called forward.
I, Jaystar, call upon our warrior ancestors to look down at this apprentice. She has trained hard to learn the ways of your noble code and I commend him a warrior in return. Amberpaw, do you promise to uphold the warriorcode even for the cost of your life?"
"I do."
"Then by the powers of StarClan, I give you your warrior name; Amberclaw. StarClan honors you a for your courage and loyalty and we welcome you as a full member as NightClan." Jaystar touched his muzzle to Amberclaw's shoulder, and Amberclaw licked his shoulder. She was almost bouncing with joy as her family and friends chanted her name and swelled around her. she smiled, and Caley chanted the loudest. Amberclaw smiled and was a bit embarassed as Jaystar didn't leave her side. She guessed he had nothing to do, so he might as well join in.
Kitty walked up to Jaystar. "You'd treat her well, I'm sure."
"Yes, of course." the leader replied. The new Warrior was confused, but walked over to her mother and sister, purring. Mudpaw and Rootpaw bounded up to them and it was like a family reunion.
"Amberclaw, do you like Jaystar?" Caley asked.
"How do you mean?" Amberclaw replied.
Caley smiled. "Do you love him?"
Amberclaw's eyes widened. She'd spent plenty of time with him, but never thought of him as more than a friend. She thought for a moment, deciding how to put it. "We've spent time together, but I never really thought...I don't know."
Goldclaw smiled. "He's a good cat. I think you ought to talk to him."

Time skipped again. Amberclaw was missing the long days in the sun in Twolegplace where there wasn't a care in the world, but reminded herself she had a Clan to care for. "Mudpaw, want to go hunting with me?"
"Sure. You going to bring Jaystar?"
"He's sleeping." Amberclaw said, supressing a yawn. "Let's go."
She was officially Jaystar's mate, but was getting bored of nothing big happening. She liked the action in life, and with no Clan arguments, there was no action. She sighed and killed a frog, Mudpaw just missing it as he tripped on a tree root. He yowled, which made Amberclaw turn in shock. A fox grabbed his tail, and bit it furiously.
Amberclaw scratched it and bit it, making it let go. The fox came after her. "Mudpaw, go get help!"
The fox heard the rustle of pine leaves and went after him. It easily grabbed him by the neck. Amberclaw gasped as she heard a loud crack and her kit went limp. "Mudpaw!" she yowled. She lepaed onto the fox, digging her claws into its back. She scratched at its neck as it tried to throw her off. She finally gave it a killing bite, and it fell limp. It flopped over, trapping her leg. She heard another bad snap and yowled in pain. "Help!" she called out. She cried out again and again until she heard a patrol of cats approaching, made up of the black and white tom Badgerslash and his brown apprentice Marshpaw; the gray she-cat Grayrain and Rootpaw; and the Deputy.
"Rootpaw, get Blackmist!" Badgerslash said, seeing Mudpaw.
But Rootpaw was already trying to wake her brother up. "Rootpaw, we need Blackmist!" Amberclaw said. "Get her!"
Rootpaw held back a cry of sadness and ran back towards camp.
"What happened?" Darkspots asked Amberclaw.
"There was only one fox," Amberclaw said, "but its scent was masked by the marsh scent. It got Mudpaw, and I-I..." She hid her face in her paws, feeling ashamed. I let my kit go like that. It was my fault...all my fault.
Darkspots tried to comfort her as the other Warriors pulled the fox off my leg. It was broken, by the looks of it. Amberclaw felt weak, seeing all the blood, and passed out.

Amberclaw woke up in Blackmist's den with Jaystar pressed against her. "What...happened?"
Jaystar shot up, and began licking my ear, purring loudly. "You're awake!"
"What happened?"
Jaystar looked at me sadly. "You saw your leg and passed out. After that, things took a turn for the worse," he explained. "Rootpaw never made it to camp, so Grayrain and Darkspots had to carry you back to camp. Mudpaw was barely alive, and we lost him."
"Where's Rootpaw?"
"We don't know," Jaystar said, "but we caught the faint scent of EarthClan."

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Softkit, WindClan Kit
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Bonus Content:

Back to top Go down
http://www.triberushingwater.forumotion.com
Tarto-sensei

Tarto-sensei

Aries Rat

The Amber Saga Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Amber Saga   The Amber Saga EmptyMon 23 Aug 2010 - 23:48

A moon passed and there was no sign of Rootpaw. Amberclaw stayed in the nest all day, not paying attention to many other things and not eating much. She was the reason that Mudpaw was dead and Rootpaw was missing. If I never got hurt, Rootpaw would be here. If I never sent Mudpaw away, he'd still be here, or if we'd never gone hunting at all. Jaystar insisted that I stay in here, even, to heal and to wait for him to cheer her up. He always did, but it wasn't enough to ease the guilt.
It wasn't until Amberclaw decided it was MoonClan's decision and not her fault, that Amberclaw realized that Jaystar hadn't been by her side in two nights and her belly was a bit bigger than usual. She decided to go out and see Blackmist. She padded into the den to see that the black she-cat wasn't there. "Blackmist?"
"Behind you." a voice said. Amberclaw turned around to see the Medicine Cat behind her. She smiled. "You need something?"
"Yes, I do."

Jaystar sighed and patrolled the Twolegplace again. He jumped onto the top of the fence to see the kittypets going outside. "Still no sign of Rootpaw?"
"No, Jaystar." Goldclaw said sadly. "Is Amberclaw doing okay?"
"She's getting better," Jaystar said. "She's still healing from her broken leg and she's finally getting used to saying that the accident wasn't her fault."
Goldclaw sighed and looked over at Kitty. "Kitty, did you spot her in any of the alleys?"
"No," her mate said sadly. "Caley's still checking the Twoleg nests and gardens."
Jaystar looked at them sadly and was ready to go until Goldclaw called his name. "Yes?"
She walked up to the fence. "You want to rest? You're worn out, and I saw you patrolling over here in the night. You barely rest."
"Rootpaw is a good Apprentice and a great cat. I want to find her."
The cats looked at each other before turning to Jaystar once again. "I...I think I know where she might be," Goldclaw said. "LightClan has always accepted loners and kittypets...anyone who wants to join is usually accepted. Or SkyClan."
"I already checked the Clans, even the new ones."
"There are new Clans?" Goldclaw asked.
Jaystar nodded. "Cats have moved to the mountains nearby, and the burnt forest called SnowClan and BlazeClan."
Goldclaw thought for a moment. "Maybe EarthClan killed her and buried her. It's the worst thought to think, but it could be..."
"I don't like this one bit," Caley said as she leaped over the fence from the nest on the other side. "The Twoleg that had Mudpaw and Rootpaw is at it again. I think he saw her or something-she's in there. I caught forest scent on his fur, too, so I bet he went through EarthClan before going to NightClan."
"Thank you!" Jaystar said. "I'll come again, I promise!"

"Jaystar!" Amberclaw called, running up to him, purring. "I have news."
"So do I!" he said. "Rootpaw is being held by the Twoleg, the one that had Mudpaw and Rootpaw when they were kits."
Amberclaw flinched and dug her claws into the soft ground. "We ought to tear him to shreds."
"I have a plan, though, and it'll work." Jaystar said. "But we need you."
"I don't know that I can-"
"For Rootpaw?" Jaystar asked.
Amberclaw hesitated and shuffled her paws. "I don't know if I can go, Jaystar, because I'm expecting kits..."

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Softkit, WindClan Kit
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Bonus Content:

Back to top Go down