Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Smokey Snakes [Closed]

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Honey Badger
Former Staff
Former Staff
Honey Badger

Characters : Current: Acornstar, Badgermask, Creamsky, Duckpaw, Eveningmoon - Old: Badgerfang, Silentherb, Stormstar, Stormeye, Twistedfoot, Badgerpaw, Nightcloud, Maplestar, Honeypaw, Bearmask, Ryefur, Owlheart, Morningpaw, Creamstorm, Smokeheart, Badgerpaw, Cinderpaw, Elmpaw, Stormpaw, Larksong, Amberpelt, Lionspark, Smokestripe, Mottleheart, Storm that Lights the Clouds, Leopardpaw, Honeytongue, Foxfire, Flintshard, Hayglow, Muddyleap, Theron
Clan/Rank : [A]ThunderClan T5 Leader [B] ShadowClan T5 Warrior [C] SkyClan T5 Warrior [D] RiverClan Apprentice [E] WindClan T2 Warrior
Gemini Buffalo
Number of posts : 7369

Smokey Snakes [Closed] Empty
PostSubject: Smokey Snakes [Closed]   Smokey Snakes [Closed] EmptySun 15 Jan 2017 - 17:46

Despite having an apprentice of his own, Smokestripe had decided to take a certain Snakepaw under his paw for training. He felt bad for the apprentice for not having a mentor and wanted to help the best way he could. So, he had decided on a simple patrol...Of sorts. His idea was to do a quick battle training with Snakepaw, making sure he wasn't getting rusty on his battle skills since he had been so long with a mentor and then a simple border patrol to make sure none of the other Clans were trying anything. Nice and simple...Right? He shook his head as he pulled himself into the apprentice den and after finding the sleepy body of Snakepaw, gently poked the tom awake. "Snakepaw? Come along, I want to do some training with you, he said quickly and quietly before he turned and left the den. He sat down right outside, staring at the night sky as he waited for the apprentice.

Smokey Snakes [Closed] ABC-Gang-Acornstar-2
Acornstar ~ Badgermask ~ Creamsky ~ Duckpaw ~ Eveningmoon
TC T5 Leader (80 HP - 170 SP) ~ SC T5 Warrior (70 HP - 160 SP) ~ SkC T5 Warrior (70 HP - 160 SP) ~ RC Apprentice (20 HP - 60 SP)~ WC T2 Warrior (35 HP - 70 SP*)
Rosybrown (Forest)/Sandybrown (Feral) ~ Indigo ~ Tan ~ Olive ~ Icyblue
*Disadvantage Stats
Back to top Go down
Winterpaw

Winterpaw

Aries Dog
Number of posts : 1643

PostSubject: Re: Smokey Snakes [Closed]   Smokey Snakes [Closed] EmptySun 15 Jan 2017 - 17:49

Snakepaw looked up. He got excited. "Okay!" he said swiftly.
Back to top Go down
Honey Badger
Former Staff
Former Staff
Honey Badger

Characters : Current: Acornstar, Badgermask, Creamsky, Duckpaw, Eveningmoon - Old: Badgerfang, Silentherb, Stormstar, Stormeye, Twistedfoot, Badgerpaw, Nightcloud, Maplestar, Honeypaw, Bearmask, Ryefur, Owlheart, Morningpaw, Creamstorm, Smokeheart, Badgerpaw, Cinderpaw, Elmpaw, Stormpaw, Larksong, Amberpelt, Lionspark, Smokestripe, Mottleheart, Storm that Lights the Clouds, Leopardpaw, Honeytongue, Foxfire, Flintshard, Hayglow, Muddyleap, Theron
Clan/Rank : [A]ThunderClan T5 Leader [B] ShadowClan T5 Warrior [C] SkyClan T5 Warrior [D] RiverClan Apprentice [E] WindClan T2 Warrior
Gemini Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Smokey Snakes [Closed]   Smokey Snakes [Closed] EmptySun 15 Jan 2017 - 17:53

Smokestripe smiled as he nodded at the apprentice, leading him into the swamp. "I am thinking we do some battle training," he said with a small nod of his head. "Nothing major, just to make sure you aren't growing rusty...And then a simple patrol to end things off. Sounds good?" He finished as he came to a small clearing, the ground rather clear other then for snow to give them enough room to walk around and test out their abilities. He turned to look at the apprentice, trying to decide which would be the best way to test his abilities.

TC T5 Leader (80 HP - 170 SP) ~ SC T5 Warrior (70 HP - 160 SP) ~ SkC T5 Warrior (70 HP - 160 SP) ~ RC Apprentice (20 HP - 60 SP)~ WC T2 Warrior (35 HP - 70 SP*)
*Disadvantage Stats
Back to top Go down
Winterpaw

Winterpaw

Aries Dog

PostSubject: Re: Smokey Snakes [Closed]   Smokey Snakes [Closed] EmptySun 15 Jan 2017 - 18:00

Snakepaw nodded. "Alright." he said. "I'm ready." he added.
Back to top Go down
Honey Badger
Former Staff
Former Staff
Honey Badger

Gemini Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Smokey Snakes [Closed]   Smokey Snakes [Closed] EmptySun 15 Jan 2017 - 18:56

"Alright, we are just going to go over the basics," Smokestripe said after a few moments of thinking of what to say. "There are always the basic moves, slashing at your opponent with your claws. Mostly you will use your front paws but if you are ever given the chance, slashing at their underbellies with your back claws is always smart. But a very important move is stunning." He paused as he glanced around, finding a snow covered log resting on one side of the clearing. He padded over to it, continuing to talk all of the way. "Stunning can give you enough time to perhaps knock out your opponent or at least until help can arrive," he said, taking note of how Ravenclaw had been smart enough to stun the badger, giving her just enough time until by luck Smokestripe and his patrol had arrived to scare it off. "There are a few ways to stun. Pulling on a tail to throw your opponent off balance or throwing mud in their eyes if you are on our territory...Or, the most common used one - jumping on their back to stay out of reach while you deal damage." Coming to a stop next to the log, he studied it before reaching out and testing how well his claws sank into it. It was icy, not the easiest to hold onto and he decided it was perfect for his test. "We are going to use this log as an example - I want to see how well you can grip onto it."

Fallen Log
0/0 HP
0/0 SP

OOC: Alright, I am going to guess that you mostly know the Battle system more or less which is why I am glazing over all of the moves other then Leap-And-Hold. The reason we are focusing on this one as its the only move that you can use as an apprentice that use the dice roll. I just want you to use Leap-And-Hold like you were using it in a real fight (including dice roll). If everything looks good with this, we can call battle training good as if so, you should be able to figure how to use the rest of the battle system.

Use this list of Battle moves and their damage/cost to help you.
Oh, and here is the list of HP/SP per rank

I did just realize that I am not sure if you know how to use the hunting system as well so I guess we can do that after this.

*Disadvantage Stats
Back to top Go down
Winterpaw

Winterpaw

Aries Dog

PostSubject: Re: Smokey Snakes [Closed]   Smokey Snakes [Closed] EmptySun 15 Jan 2017 - 21:48

Snakepaw took in the advice. He looked at the log. He reared up and tried to sink his claws into it, but they slipped out. He started to pretend it was an an enemy cat. He jumped up onto it, and sank his front and back claws into it. His weight started to shift the log, but he adjusted his tail to balance it. It made his claws feel like icicles, but he toughed it out.

Snakepaw used leap and hold on fallen log, dealing 6 damage and costing 10 stamina

Snakepaw

20/20 HP
70/80 SP

Fallen Log

-6/0 HP
0/0 SP
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 14974

PostSubject: Re: Smokey Snakes [Closed]   Smokey Snakes [Closed] EmptySun 15 Jan 2017 - 21:48

The member 'Winterpaw' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Effect Dice' : 6

Smokey Snakes [Closed] Mistpe10
Smokey Snakes [Closed] Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Honey Badger
Former Staff
Former Staff
Honey Badger

Gemini Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Smokey Snakes [Closed]   Smokey Snakes [Closed] EmptyMon 16 Jan 2017 - 0:26

Smokestripe watched Snakepaw with a careful gaze, studying his grip on the log. Seeing how the apprentice used his tail to stay balanced, he nodded his head. "Good," he said with a purr after a few moments. He stepped away, flickering his tail in a signal that Snakepaw could hop down. "Using a move like that can help you defeat a stronger opponent but always know that they can do the same to you." Coming to a stop, he raised his gaze toward the sky to judge the time. He wanted to get all that he wanted in Snakepaw's training today while getting back to the camp before sunrise. His gaze flickered toward the apprentice. "Come on, let's head for the SkyClan border," he said with a flicker of his tail.

OOC: Alright, battle training looks good~ I would recommend that when you do use a stunning move, write down how long the opponent is stunned for in your post. For example, because you rolled a six, the log was 'stunned' for two turns which you would add after you state the damage done and stamina cost (by editing your post after the dice roll of course). Even add it if the opponent is only stunned for a single turn on stuns that don't require a dice roll. Somebody may miss the fact that they are suppose to be stunned and we don't want that.

Next post is hunting training~ Then we do a few posts of exploring the border and we are good! Then I'll make an assessment for you.

*Disadvantage Stats
Back to top Go down
Winterpaw

Winterpaw

Aries Dog

PostSubject: Re: Smokey Snakes [Closed]   Smokey Snakes [Closed] EmptyTue 17 Jan 2017 - 12:45

Snaskepaw nodded and followed Smokestripe. He felt like his toes will freeze off, they were numb.
Back to top Go down
Honey Badger
Former Staff
Former Staff
Honey Badger

Gemini Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Smokey Snakes [Closed]   Smokey Snakes [Closed] EmptyTue 17 Jan 2017 - 13:17

Smokestripe suddenly paused at the hint of prey hit his nose. He smiled softly, flickering his tail at Snakepaw in a signal to stop. "Hold on, I smell some prey." He tasted the air, conforming the scent of a few pieces of prey lingering around. He knew that he had promised just finishing with a simple border patrol but he couldn't just turn down the chance of prey mostly in the cold leaf bare. "Let's do a quick stop for hunting. I want to see how well you are at hunting..." he drifted off, catching the hint of a prey not all that far from him. He dropped into his own crouch and pulled himself forward with glimmering eyes. It was a frog, left unaware of the two cats that were so close. It didn't take long for Smokestripe to reach it and kill it with a quick bite, before raising his gaze to watch Snakepaw in his attempt to hunt.

OOC: 1. If either of us roll a one on the encounter die, it is void. I am not fighting another badger. We can say its...A random bird or something. One badger is enough for me. 2. I am lazy and I am just gonna copy and paste how I explained how to use the hunting system in another topic.

Alright. On WCC, we are currently using a Hunting System to decide if we catch prey or not. In normal hunting topics, you do not have to use it but for your warrior assessment, you must use it to show an understanding of how the system work. It should be noted that this system is in beta and may be changed in the future (or possibly removed even). The first thing you need to know is that the hunting system relies on a dice-based system. To know how to roll dice, you more or less know how the system works.

Under the area in which you write the post, is the preview button. Upon clicking on that, you will notice something - under the preview of the post is a 'Rule' post with a bunch of information, we will be coming back to that in a second. Under the 'post a reply' section is a little thing called Dices roll with two clickable boxes on it. The first one, labeled Dices rolls #1. Clicking on the box will pull up three things - Big dice, effect dice and hunting dice. Big dice is unimportant while effect dice is for battling. We, of course, will be using the hunting dice. Next to that, is Dice rolls. Those are the number of dice you are rolling. For hunting, you will always be rolling two. One to find out what you found, one to find out if you caught it. Once you have it set to Hunting Dice and 2 rolls, you just type up your topic and post normally. When you do, a bot will post after you and give you the two numbers you rolled. Using these numbers, you find out how well you hunted.

The first number corresponds to what you have found - using the Rule section that pops up when you make/preview a post outside of the Camp RP section. Lets say for example you rolled a 4 on the ShadowClan territory. Using the list above, it means that you have found a frog. The second number corresponds to if you have caught the prey or not. Using this post (Currently found in every RP section due to it being a global announcement but will be found under the Rule section when it becomes a normal post) you can figure out if you caught it depending on rank. For example, if you rolled a 5, Emberpaw would fail to catch it as, for an apprentice, a 1-3 is a catch for them while if Smokestripe, a young warrior, rolled a 5, he would instead catch it.

You may notice on the Rule section that there is a battle encounter. If you roll a 1 on the encounter (first) die, you are attacked by a creature depending on where you are. In the ShadowClan territory, its a badger but for WindClan territory, they are instead attacked by a hawk if they roll a one. Hopefully, the dice will be in your favor and you will avoid rolling a one on the encounter die. (Lets hope I avoid it as well)

I know this is a bit much but hopefully this teaches you how to catch prey here on WCC~ For your post, I simply want you to try catching something. Once you roll your dice, simply go back and edit your post to reflect what you rolled.

*Disadvantage Stats

Last edited by Badger on Tue 17 Jan 2017 - 13:18; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: Smokey Snakes [Closed]   Smokey Snakes [Closed] EmptyTue 17 Jan 2017 - 13:17

The member 'Badger' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Hunting Dice' : 5, 2

Back to top Go down
Winterpaw

Winterpaw

Aries Dog

PostSubject: Re: Smokey Snakes [Closed]   Smokey Snakes [Closed] EmptyTue 17 Jan 2017 - 13:49

Snakepaw lifted his head and scented a prey. He sniffed for a bit. He soon recognized frog. He crept along the trail. He soon saw it. He leaped for it. His paws landed next to it's sides. It let out a surprised croak. He tried to grip it in his teeth, but it got away first. "Mouse-dung!" he spat.

Last edited by Winterpaw on Tue 17 Jan 2017 - 13:51; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: Smokey Snakes [Closed]   Smokey Snakes [Closed] EmptyTue 17 Jan 2017 - 13:49

The member 'Winterpaw' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Hunting Dice' : 2, 10

Back to top Go down
Honey Badger
Former Staff
Former Staff
Honey Badger

Gemini Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Smokey Snakes [Closed]   Smokey Snakes [Closed] EmptyWed 18 Jan 2017 - 1:41

Smokestripe frowned slightly when he saw Snakepaw miss the frog but shook his head as he padded over to the apprentice. "Don't sweat it, Snakepaw," he said as he watched the frog disappear out of sight. "Frogs are slippery - they can easy escape if you don't remember that." The warrior recalled his time as a kit, trying to catch that frog that had somehow gotten into the nursery with his denmates to prove themselves good enough to be warriors. It had been chaos, the frog slipping away from them with every attempt they made to catch it. "Come on, let's continue on heading for the SkyClan border." He turned, quickly padding over to grab his killed frog before heading onward toward the border without waiting to see if Snakepaw has following.

OOC: Feel free to try to make another hunting attempt if you want or we can just head for the SkyClan border to wrap this topic up. Just had to make sure you understood the hunting system.
Also, you can count the badger encounter going on is the other topic as a 'partaken in battle' I believe. I mean, the requirement is there to make sure you understand how to use the battle system in combat or prove yourself as a hunter with an assessment as normal in the books (or making sure you understand the hunting system now that we have it added back in)

*Disadvantage Stats
Back to top Go down
Winterpaw

Winterpaw

Aries Dog

PostSubject: Re: Smokey Snakes [Closed]   Smokey Snakes [Closed] EmptyWed 18 Jan 2017 - 10:05

OOC: I'ma just make another hunting attempt before we wrap this up.

IC: Snakepaw nodded and followed Smokestripe some more. He soon detected something. "Wait. I smell something." he said. After a few seconds, he rooted out a toad. He saw it on a log. He started to creep up to it, but then he accidentally stepped on some dead leaves. Crrrunchh. The toad leaped off the log. Snakepaw did frown a bit, but pushed his thoughts to the back of his head. 'Just need to watch my step, I guess.' he thought.

Last edited by Winterpaw on Wed 18 Jan 2017 - 10:13; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Smokey Snakes [Closed]   Smokey Snakes [Closed] Empty

Back to top Go down

Smokey Snakes [Closed]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next