Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

A Golden Opportunity Brought By The Blizzard [Closed Hunting Patrol]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Inky Pawprints

Inky Pawprints

Characters : Stormkit ♀
Clan/Rank : WindClan / Kit
Leo Pig
Number of posts : 2307

A Golden Opportunity Brought By The Blizzard [Closed Hunting Patrol] Empty
PostSubject: A Golden Opportunity Brought By The Blizzard [Closed Hunting Patrol]   A Golden Opportunity Brought By The Blizzard [Closed Hunting Patrol] EmptyWed 21 Dec 2016 - 15:36

Blizzardshine was relaxing near the middle of camp, enjoying Leafbare’s morning sun as it fell over her rosette white fur. She was waiting for her apprentice to wake up to go on hunting, and just prayed to StarClan that they could find something regardless of the snow that coated the territory. Finding prey during this season was proving to be fairly hard, and she could say that this was going to make things even harder than they should be.

[10HP || 30SP]
Back to top Go down
Green

Green

Gemini Rooster
Number of posts : 136

PostSubject: Re: A Golden Opportunity Brought By The Blizzard [Closed Hunting Patrol]   A Golden Opportunity Brought By The Blizzard [Closed Hunting Patrol] EmptyWed 21 Dec 2016 - 17:42

Goldenpaw was deep in sleep, the thick snow making it harder for him to wake up. But he did, eventually, and the golden tabby trotted up to his mentor. "Hey Blizzardshine, are we going hunting today?" He asked, his tone calm and collected as he stood tidy and quietly waiting for her answer. The snow was cold on his paws, but he didn't mind it. The rest of his thick pelt kept him warm.

Goldenpaw of Thunderclan(20/80)

A Golden Opportunity Brought By The Blizzard [Closed Hunting Patrol] X1Dfdcc
Back to top Go down
Inky Pawprints

Inky Pawprints

Leo Pig

PostSubject: Re: A Golden Opportunity Brought By The Blizzard [Closed Hunting Patrol]   A Golden Opportunity Brought By The Blizzard [Closed Hunting Patrol] EmptyThu 22 Dec 2016 - 15:47

Blizzardshine raised her head as soon as she heard her apprentice’s voice, smiling and nodding as she got up “Indeed, I know that in this cold season prey is scarce, but I trust we’ll be able to find some” As she spoke she made a silent prayer to StarClan to not encounter predators instead, knowing they were popping up around the forest way more often than she would like and some of the animals that would avoid cats like them were now preying on them instead thanks to the lack of usual prey in the forest. This being one of the main reasons s of why she had decided to teach him how to fight before daring to take him on a proper hunting trip.

“We’ll go to one of my favorite spots, follow me please” After that, the white warrior padded out of camp, heading towards a specific portion of the territory that she had used to train most of her apprentices because of the abundant prey she used to find there as well as the lack of predators. She just hoped there wouldn’t be unpleasant surprised this time.

[10HP || 30SP]
Back to top Go down
Green

Green

Gemini Rooster

PostSubject: Re: A Golden Opportunity Brought By The Blizzard [Closed Hunting Patrol]   A Golden Opportunity Brought By The Blizzard [Closed Hunting Patrol] EmptyThu 22 Dec 2016 - 19:51

The tabby tom was very serious, but pleased that his mentor was taking his training seriously too. The tom wanted to be a proud warrior, so he could do all he could to help Thunderclan. He followed her easily into the territory, glad for the distraction. His amber eyes surveying the land. "Is it very much harder to hunt in winter?" He asked her, hanging on her every word.

Back to top Go down
Inky Pawprints

Inky Pawprints

Leo Pig

PostSubject: Re: A Golden Opportunity Brought By The Blizzard [Closed Hunting Patrol]   A Golden Opportunity Brought By The Blizzard [Closed Hunting Patrol] EmptyFri 23 Dec 2016 - 17:55

OOC: Well, OOC explaining time again, I guess. I’ll try to be as clear as possible this time as well, tell me if there is something you don’t get so I can clarify it to you.

Ok, the first step is fairly simple, you go to “Preview” on the post area and you’ll notice a box right above the area where you can write your post with several numbers and animals. Each number corresponds directly to a kind of encounter. There are two kinds of encounters:

-Prey encounters: In this kind of encounter your cat will spot or smell a specific kind of prey nearby depending on the number you get through the hunting dice. If you get one of these you must edit your post to clarify the kind of prey your cat managed to find. I’ll give you a way more detailed explanation on the next post if we roll one of these.
-Battle encounters: These occur when you encounter a predator instead of a prey and the reason I wanted to teach you the battle system before the hunting system. If you roll one of these, the way you’ll encounter them is that the predator will attack your cat, what means that they deal the first blow. You control them as well, so your posts should go on the order of: “(Encounter post) Predator attacks”, “Your Cat attacks”, “Predator attacks” and so on. I’ll give you a way more detailed explanation on the next post if we roll one of these.

Now, on the “Dices Roll” you follow the same steps as the ones you follow in a dice roll attack, but instead of choosing the effect dice, you must pick the “Hunting Dice” instead. In this case I got a 3, what means Blizzard found a rodent.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“It’s quite more challenging than it is to hunt in most other seasons, but I had spotted prey around this specific place even during these harsh times, that’s why I brought you here to train. Now, the first thing you need to do is to use your ears, nose and eyes to spot the nearest piece of prey you can find” As she spoke, Blizzardshine started to look around and move her eyes, allowing the wing to bring her all kinds of scents to her nose as well.

As soon as she could smell the rodent she immediately looked towards the direction of the smell “Watch closely” Her voice had turned into a whisper, and just as she finished speaking she got into a hunter’s crouch, getting closer to the small animal.

[10HP || 30SP]

Last edited by Ink on Fri 23 Dec 2016 - 17:58; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 14975

PostSubject: Re: A Golden Opportunity Brought By The Blizzard [Closed Hunting Patrol]   A Golden Opportunity Brought By The Blizzard [Closed Hunting Patrol] EmptyFri 23 Dec 2016 - 17:55

The member 'Ink' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Hunting Dice' : 3

A Golden Opportunity Brought By The Blizzard [Closed Hunting Patrol] Mistpe10
A Golden Opportunity Brought By The Blizzard [Closed Hunting Patrol] Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Green

Green

Gemini Rooster

PostSubject: Re: A Golden Opportunity Brought By The Blizzard [Closed Hunting Patrol]   A Golden Opportunity Brought By The Blizzard [Closed Hunting Patrol] EmptySun 25 Dec 2016 - 7:56

Goldenpaw watched her intently, hanging on her every word. He wanted to be the best warrior there was and couldn't do that if he neglected his training. He watched silently while she hunted the mouse, observing her posture and how quiet she was. The golden tabby kept his eyes and ears open for any other prey in the area, but at the moment he waited for Blizzardshine to catch her prey.

Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: A Golden Opportunity Brought By The Blizzard [Closed Hunting Patrol]   A Golden Opportunity Brought By The Blizzard [Closed Hunting Patrol] EmptySun 25 Dec 2016 - 7:56

The member '4 Green Olives' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Hunting Dice' : 2

Back to top Go down
Inky Pawprints

Inky Pawprints

Leo Pig

PostSubject: Re: A Golden Opportunity Brought By The Blizzard [Closed Hunting Patrol]   A Golden Opportunity Brought By The Blizzard [Closed Hunting Patrol] EmptySun 1 Jan 2017 - 20:42

OOC: Sorry for taking so long…

Now, since we both got prey rolls we have to focus on catching our prey. In my case I got a rodent, and I can chose which kind (squirrel, vole, mice, etc.) I’ll hunt down. In this case I’ll pick mouse. In your case you got a 2, what means your cat managed to find a bird instead.

Now comes the second roll. Once you get the hunting dice roll, you must pick your rank’s chances on the table on the Hunting System page (Link to Hunting System), which is based on the experience each ranks is supposed to have. Deputies and Leaders are on the same experience level as Senior Warriors, so I’ll pick that one.

My successful rolls go from 1 to 9 thanks to my level of experience, however, if I hit a 10 I’ll miss the catch thanks to the way the hunting system works. I got a 4 in this occasion, so Blizzard will catch the mouse. Remember to edit in the either successful or unsuccessful catch in your post once you get the roll.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Blizzardshine fell completely quiet, her paws carefully and silently carrying her closer to the mouse, ears and eyes fixed on her possible catch. She was aware that it would take some time for Goldenpaw to reach the perfect hunter’s crouch without effort like her, but everyone had to start somewhere, right?

Once she got close enough she unsheathed her claws and pounced on the mouse, surprising the smaller creature and killing it with a quick bite to the neck. After that she turned to face her apprentice, placing her freshkill down “Your turn” Her voice was merely a whisper, so she wouldn’t scare away her apprentice’s prey.

[10HP || 30SP]

Last edited by Ink on Sun 1 Jan 2017 - 20:47; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: A Golden Opportunity Brought By The Blizzard [Closed Hunting Patrol]   A Golden Opportunity Brought By The Blizzard [Closed Hunting Patrol] EmptySun 1 Jan 2017 - 20:42

The member 'Ink' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Hunting Dice' : 4

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Golden Opportunity Brought By The Blizzard [Closed Hunting Patrol]   A Golden Opportunity Brought By The Blizzard [Closed Hunting Patrol] Empty

Back to top Go down

A Golden Opportunity Brought By The Blizzard [Closed Hunting Patrol]
Page 1 of 1