Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

A Golden Blizzard [Closed]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Inky Pawprints

Inky Pawprints

Characters : Stormkit ♀
Clan/Rank : WindClan / Kit
Leo Pig
Number of posts : 2307

A Golden Blizzard [Closed] Empty
PostSubject: A Golden Blizzard [Closed]   A Golden Blizzard [Closed] EmptyTue 13 Dec 2016 - 8:56

Blizzardshine walked calmly towards one of her favorite training spots, her paws making the soft snow under them crunch with each step. Not many paw prints besides their own marked the snow, and the others were a bit too old for the cats that made them to still be around, so this probably will be a private training session between them. Once they reached the spot she nodded with a smile, turning around to face Goldenpaw “Today I’ll teach you the basics for fighting, so you can successfully defend yourself and those you love if you ever need to. Are you ready to start?” She meowed calmly, the chilly breeze making her long white pelt dance at the rhythm of a silent melody.

[10HP || 30SP]
Back to top Go down
Green

Green

Gemini Rooster
Number of posts : 136

PostSubject: Re: A Golden Blizzard [Closed]   A Golden Blizzard [Closed] EmptyTue 13 Dec 2016 - 9:56

Goldenpaw followed his mentor, fluffy tail held straight out, slightly quivering with nerves and excitement. He was worried he wouldn't live up to his mentor's standards. But she seemed nice enough, and he hoped he wouldn't let her down. He stopped when Blizzardshine did and listened with perked ears. "Yes, Blizzardshine." He replied, his tone solemn as he wondered how she intended to start. His amber eyes darkening briefly as he knew that he wanted and needed these skills, to protect his clan.

Goldenpaw of Thunderclan(20/80)

A Golden Blizzard [Closed] X1Dfdcc
Back to top Go down
Inky Pawprints

Inky Pawprints

Leo Pig

PostSubject: Re: A Golden Blizzard [Closed]   A Golden Blizzard [Closed] EmptyWed 14 Dec 2016 - 6:28

OOC: If you have any questions, please ask them. I’ll let you hit first so I can see if you have an idea of how the battle system works or if we need to start from scratch, as well as of how detailed I need to be when explaining thigs to you.

Blizzardshine smiled and nodded, clearly pleased with his answer “No need to be so formal, Goldenpaw. I may be your mentor, but I want to be your friend as well, so just talk to me as such” Her voce was calm and gentle, just like always. She tended to consider the cats of the clan as friends and family more than simply clanmates she spent her days with, and she really hoped they could consider her as such instead of just thinking of her as the deputy “Show me what you already know, please” As she spoke, she quickly got into a defensive position, wating for the apprentice’s move.

[10HP || 30SP]
Back to top Go down
Green

Green

Gemini Rooster

PostSubject: Re: A Golden Blizzard [Closed]   A Golden Blizzard [Closed] EmptyWed 14 Dec 2016 - 11:14

ooc: to be honest, I'm not sure if I'm supposed to roll when I attack?

Goldenpaw blinked at her words, he was simply too unattached with any of his clanmates to be less formal. Even now, even with a kind mentor, he felt out of place. You don't belong. He frowned at the voice, it always seemed to worm it's way into the back of his thoughts. "Of course, Blizzardshine." He agreed, without really hearing her words. At her request, he thought back to play fighting as a kit. He found it hard to get the desired speed, as he raced towards her, not even sure he knew what he was doing.

Back to top Go down
Inky Pawprints

Inky Pawprints

Leo Pig

PostSubject: Re: A Golden Blizzard [Closed]   A Golden Blizzard [Closed] EmptyThu 15 Dec 2016 - 2:44

OOC: Hehe...actually you answered my question really well with that. I’ll go Out of Character for a bit to explain this to you, if you have questions or get confused, just ask. I'll be as detailed as I can:

The battle system is what you’ll use in any serious battle here. In the rank system (Link to Rank System) you’ll see that each rank has an HP number and an SP number:

-HP stands for “Hit Points”, or, in other words, your cat’s “life”. Now, if your HP hits “0” you won’t die, you simply get KO’ed, what means that a medicine cat can’t heal you and you can’t battle anymore. You can see how much damage each move does depending on your rank below the SP cost and effect Move Chart.
-SP stands for “Stamina Points”, now, the battle system (Link to Battle System) consists on many moves, some general for all the cats, others exclusive for each clan. Each move has a certain cost of SP, and if your SP hits “0” your cat is considered to be too tired to keep fighting anymore.

There are two kind of moves: The regular moves, that have no effect, and the special moves, in which you can find certain restrictions or effects where you have to roll a dice (You can find this option under the post area when making a regular post, so if you need to roll a dice you can’t just use the quick reply system) and, depending on the dice, it is how long the effect lasts. You can see which effect each move has, if any, and the numbers that you need to get from the dice roll so it lasts a certain time. Remember to read the rules above the moves as well.

Let’s try a regular move first, to see if you grasp that. Then we can try a dice-roll move so you see how it is done. I'll also use italics on the battle system I use to let you know what is each thing. Also this is only a “Battle System Training”, so the HP and SP refill themselves after each turn, given that Blizzardshine isn’t trying to hurt her apprentice and vice-versa. This won’t happen on a real fight though, so keep that in mind

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Blizzardshine almost immediately blocked the apprentice’s attack, not receiving any damage from it. She wasn’t really surprised with his lack of training after all, it was really rare to have a newly appointed apprentice that already knew the basics of fighting anyways “You know how to get good momentum and are eager to prove what you know, and that’s good. However, when battling a trained warrior or even other apprentices you need some technique and actual strategy. Otherwise you will get blocked each time you try to attack just like what happened right now and in the long run that will end up making you lose the battle” Her words were just as kind and casual as before, hoping to be able to guide the apprentice into a more casual way to talk with her but not wanting to just force him out of him comfort zone. It would take some time, but she hoped she would be successful “I’ll show you a basic move right now, just so you get the idea” With that Blizzardshine used the most basic move on her arsenal, being careful to keep her claws sheathed to not harm the apprentice.

Blizzardshine used Front Paw Blow on Goldenpaw, dealing 12 damage and using 5 stamina <~ (You must state which cat uses which move, and who are they attacking. After that you must first state the damage dealt and then the stamina taken away through the use of said move)

Goldenpaw: <~ (The opponent/s usually go on top)
8/20 <~ (Opponent’s remaining HP Vs. Original HP, you must subtract the points of damage dealt on the left side)
80/80 <~ (Opponent’s SP, you can’t modify this)

Blizzardshine: <~ (Your attacking cat usually goes on the bottom)
100/100 <~ (Your HP, you can’t modify this)
275/280 <~ (Your remaining SP Vs. Original SP, you must subtract the SP used on the left side)

[10HP || 30SP]
Back to top Go down
Green

Green

Gemini Rooster

PostSubject: Re: A Golden Blizzard [Closed]   A Golden Blizzard [Closed] EmptyThu 15 Dec 2016 - 8:30

ooc: thanks, that's very thorough, I appreciate that! So, if a cat is KOed do they get healed fully in their next thread or is it required to rp with the medicine cat to heal up? Also, every turn is a post, right?

Goldenpaw took all her words in, wincing at the strength in her swat. But he was ready to try it himself, and he eyed his mentor critically. He already liked her, but his own nerves kept getting the best of him. The apprentice knew the difference between a real battle and training and kept his claws tucked away, terrified of actually cutting Blizzardshine. In the end he used the slightly different attack, unwilling to hit her on top of her head. He smacked his paw at her shoulder.

Goldenpaw used Front Paw Strike on Blizzardshine, dealing 6 damage and using 10 stamina.

Blizzardshine:
94/100
280/280

Goldenpaw:
20/20
70/80

ooc: Hopefully I got that all right xD

Back to top Go down
Inky Pawprints

Inky Pawprints

Leo Pig

PostSubject: Re: A Golden Blizzard [Closed]   A Golden Blizzard [Closed] EmptyFri 16 Dec 2016 - 7:41

OOC: That’s completely up to you. Most members just take for granted that their cat went back to full health between the fight and the next thread. However, if you want your cat to be healed or actually stay wounded for the next thread for whatever reason, like character development or a plot, you’re free to do so. Also, you can chose to run away or faint when your HP or SP hit “0”, it isn’t mandatory for you to just lose consciousness. Also yes, every post is considered to be one turn.

Also kudos for being the first member I train on this system that deals the damage corresponding to your cat’s rank instead of the damage my own cat deals. You really surprised me there! (In a good way, don’t worry X3)

Okay, mow comes a more tricky part, though fairly simple once you get used to it: The dice roll attacks. These attacks are in the special attack rank, but what differences them from the rest special attacks is that the effects these can inflict on the opponent vary depending on the number the dice gives to you, you can check the effects on the Battle System as well. Here are the steps you need to follow to use them:
-Click the “Preview” button instead of the “Send” one after typing your post
-Right under the post box you'll see the "Dices Roll" one. In the Blank box, pick "Effect Dice"
-Click "Send"

You'll see that there will be an automatic generated post right after yours, there you'll see the number you got from the dice roll. Compare it with the Battle System table and you'll get the number of turns that the opponent will be under such effects. When a cat is under the effects of one of these moves they can't attack until the number of turns is up, meaning that if they are stunned for one turn, they must post but can't do anything to harm your cat or any other cat during that post (1 Post = 1 Turn). Remember that moves that leave a cat defenseless like this one can't be used in succession, this is to avoid stunning a cat over and over again, winning the fight because you didn't allowed them to hit back.

Since this isn't a real battle the effects from the dice get nullified, meaning that you're allowed to attack on your next turn regardless of what I may get in the Dices Roll.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Blizzardshine let out a pleased chuckle when the apprentice hit her, clearly approving of the apprentice’s advance and happy with how fast he absorbed the knowledge she had to offer “Great! You’re a talented cat, I can already tell” With that, she quickly got on an offensive position, ready to continue the training “Now I’ll teach you a more complicated attack, don’t worry, I won’t harm you” With that, Blizzardshine used her strong legs to spring onto the apprentice’s back, careful to keep her claws sheathed even if it caused her to not have a stable hold. She preferred to fall off because of that than scratch him, even if in the end it didn’t happened and she successfully pinned him to the ground.

“With this attack you’ll be able to keep attacking and not receive damage for as long as you keep the cat pinned down, it’s a bit tricky to use and you can get tired easily struggling to keep the opponent pinned down, but it can give you a guaranteed win if you know when and how to use it” After those words she got off Goldenpaw’s back, freeing him from her grasp and getting on a defensive position again so the apprentice could try the move as well.

Blizzardshine used Leap-and-hold on Goldenpaw, dealing 14 damage and using 10 stamina. Goldenpaw is pinned down for 1 turn <~ (The number of turns your opponent is affected must be edited in at the end of this phrase after you get the dice roll numbers. In this case I got a 3, what means that in a real battle your cat would be pinned down for one turn)

Goldenpaw:
6/20
80/80

Blizzardshine:
100/100
270/280

[10HP || 30SP]

Last edited by Ink on Fri 16 Dec 2016 - 7:42; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 14828

PostSubject: Re: A Golden Blizzard [Closed]   A Golden Blizzard [Closed] EmptyFri 16 Dec 2016 - 7:41

The member 'Ink' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Effect Dice' : 3

A Golden Blizzard [Closed] Mistpe10
A Golden Blizzard [Closed] Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Green

Green

Gemini Rooster

PostSubject: Re: A Golden Blizzard [Closed]   A Golden Blizzard [Closed] EmptySun 18 Dec 2016 - 8:38

ooc: haha, thanks! xD hopefully I'll do this next bit right.

Goldenpaw shrugged at her words of his talent. He wanted to be a great warrior, but he knew his warrior ceremony was far off. He had a lot to learn. The golden tabby watched as she demonstrated the move, and didn't resist as he was pinned beneath her. Instead, he was focusing on how to perform it himself. He waited until she moved and readied herself for the attack.

The tom steeled himself, and mentally noted to keep his claws sheathed. The last thing he needed was to harm his mentor and earn her ire. He leaped at her, awkwardly landing on her back and almost losing his footing. But in the end, he did manage to execute the move.

Goldenpaw used Leap-And-Hold on Blizzardshine, dealing 6 damage and using 10 stamina. Blizzardshine is pinned down for 1 turn.

Blizzardshine
94/100
270/270

Goldenpaw
20/20
70/80

Last edited by 4 Green Olives on Sun 18 Dec 2016 - 8:38; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 14828

PostSubject: Re: A Golden Blizzard [Closed]   A Golden Blizzard [Closed] EmptySun 18 Dec 2016 - 8:38

The member '4 Green Olives' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Effect Dice' : 3

A Golden Blizzard [Closed] Mistpe10
A Golden Blizzard [Closed] Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Inky Pawprints

Inky Pawprints

Leo Pig

PostSubject: Re: A Golden Blizzard [Closed]   A Golden Blizzard [Closed] EmptyTue 20 Dec 2016 - 11:35

OOC: You did really well!!! We should wrp up this thread and I can make the hunting patrol for Goldenpaw as well.

Blizzardshine lowered her head and stood as stay as possible so Goldenpaw wouldn’t have much trouble to execute the move, and if she didn’t fell with him holding her down was because of the obvious size difference and because she was already expecting that specific move. She knew the apprentice would have it quite harder on a real battle, but they could increase the difficulty of the training once he was used to the basics.

“Good, good!” Blizzardshine purred before looking at the sky, the sun was going to set soon and even if her apprentice now knew how to defend himself she didn’t want to take unnecessary risks “Tomorrow I can teach you how to hunt, if you want” She lowered herself to allow him to jump off her back to head back to camp “StarClan knows we need as much prey as we can get on these cold times, and is our duty to keep the clan from starving”.

[10HP || 30SP]
Back to top Go down
Green

Green

Gemini Rooster

PostSubject: Re: A Golden Blizzard [Closed]   A Golden Blizzard [Closed] EmptyTue 20 Dec 2016 - 23:15

ooc: Thanks! :3

Goldenpaw let out a breath of relief as he slipped off his mentor, amber eyes clear and determined. "Thank you, Blizzardshine." He was happy to be done for the day, exhausted from stretching out his still kit-weak muscles. As he grew these things would be easier, but the first training sessions were always the hardest. "I would like that." He agreed to the hunting lesson, pleased with himself and happy to have pleased the deputy. The golden and white tabby started back to camp, after Blizzardshine, observing the territory as he did so.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Golden Blizzard [Closed]   A Golden Blizzard [Closed] Empty

Back to top Go down

A Golden Blizzard [Closed]
Page 1 of 1