Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Urm...have I been hacked?

Go down 
+2
addie ♥
Bloom
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Bloom

Bloom

Characters : (F)rozenflame ||| (E)mberleaf ||| (B)lazingleap ||| (A)dderpaw||| (C)rowpaw ||| (G)ingerkit
Clan/Rank : (F): Thunderclan/Deputy ||| (E): Windclan/Elder ||| (B): Thunderclan/Newly Appointed Warrior ||| (A): Shadowclan/Apprentice ||| (C): Riverclan/Apprentice
Leo Number of posts : 2969

Urm...have I been hacked? Empty
PostSubject: Urm...have I been hacked?   Urm...have I been hacked? EmptyThu 21 Apr 2016 - 14:54

I was on this site and then I guess I accidentally clicked an add or whatever and a new tab opened. A thingy popped up on my screen and my computer said, out of the speakers, your computer has been hacked call Microsoft or something along those lines. The pop-up said something about suspicious activity on my IP address and to call Microsoft. It wouldn't let me close out of the stupid thing until I checked a box and then I was allowed to close out of it. I dunno.

So...that just happened like a few minutes ago and I'm freaked out right now. Hopefully it was just a scam. Did anything similar to this happen to anyone else?

*cries*

Urm...have I been hacked? Image13

Urm...have I been hacked? Roh7nXW
Back to top Go down
addie ♥

addie ♥

Characters : Thinstripe (Female, Dead), Eaglefeather (Female, Dead), Lion (Male, Dead), Cherry (Female, Dead), Lulu (Female, Dead), Scout (Male, Dead), Finchshine (Female, Dead), Brokenkit (Male, Dead), Brackenpaw (Male, Dead), Maplepaw (Female, Dead), Toadclaw (Male, Dead), Sedgewhisker (Male, Dead), Newt (Male, Dead), Ivyshine (Female, Dead), Muddyfang (Male, Dead), Adderkit (Male, Dead), Otterfrost (Female, Dead), Emberfall (Female, Dead), Rowankit (Male, Alive)
Clan/Rank : ThunderClan Kit
Sagittarius Dog
Number of posts : 4487

PostSubject: Re: Urm...have I been hacked?   Urm...have I been hacked? EmptyThu 21 Apr 2016 - 14:56

Yes, yes. Something just happened to me to. A pop-up happened (luckily I have HP Support Assistant) and it detected it but I closed out of it as quickly as I could.
Back to top Go down
Bloom

Bloom

Characters : (F)rozenflame ||| (E)mberleaf ||| (B)lazingleap ||| (A)dderpaw||| (C)rowpaw ||| (G)ingerkit
Clan/Rank : (F): Thunderclan/Deputy ||| (E): Windclan/Elder ||| (B): Thunderclan/Newly Appointed Warrior ||| (A): Shadowclan/Apprentice ||| (C): Riverclan/Apprentice
Leo Number of posts : 2969

PostSubject: Re: Urm...have I been hacked?   Urm...have I been hacked? EmptyThu 21 Apr 2016 - 14:59

Look at this:

http://blog.yoocare.com/remove-windows-has-detected-some-suspicious-activity-from-your-ip-address-fake-alert-from-browser/

Sounds just like what happened, but I didn't call the number or anything.

Urm...have I been hacked? Image13

Urm...have I been hacked? Roh7nXW
Back to top Go down
Skia

Skia

Characters : Gentlenose[G], Rippleshadow[R], Mistcloud[M], Fawnpaw[F], and Marigoldpaw[A]
Clan/Rank : [G] Young Warrior of Thunderclan | [R] Young Warrior of Riverclan | [M] Exiled Newly Appointed Warrior of Shadowclan | [F] Windclan Apprentice | [A] Skyclan Apprentice
Virgo Snake
Number of posts : 784

PostSubject: Re: Urm...have I been hacked?   Urm...have I been hacked? EmptyThu 21 Apr 2016 - 15:00

This happens to me all the time, due to the sites I frequent. Don't worry, nothing's happened to me as of yet. It's mostly just a scam. Just don't click anything and you should be fine.

:Rippleshadow::She-cat::Riverclan::Young Warrior:
:Requirements::0/2 Patrols::1/2 Months:

:Mistcloud::She-cat::Shadowclan::Exiled Newly Appointed Warrior:
:Requirements::0/1 Patrol::2/2 Weeks:

:Fawnpaw::She-cat::Windclan::Apprentice:
:Requirements::1/1 Gathering::1/1 Month::2/2 Patrols::0/1 Battle:

:Marigoldpaw::She-cat::Skyclan::Apprentice:
:Requirements::1/1 Gathering::1/1 Month::0/2 Patrols::0/1 Battle:

Skia's Wonderful Kittens!:

Skia's Kittehs!
Back to top Go down
Renette

Renette

Characters : Alive: [D] Dewpelt [L] Leafheart Dead/Missing: [A] Amberclaw [T] Treepelt [F] Foxflight
Clan/Rank : [D]RC EXP WAR [L]WC MC
Gemini Number of posts : 564

PostSubject: Re: Urm...have I been hacked?   Urm...have I been hacked? EmptyThu 21 Apr 2016 - 19:44

Usually those, "You have a virus, do this!" kinds of things are just a scam, if the popups keep coming you can get malware removers :)

#0099ff ~
#ff9966~#ff6600~#33cc66~#9933ff

Urm...have I been hacked? Tumblr_m3peszccj81qbvk7po1_500

Please PM me if you need anything!
Back to top Go down
Shadow
Former Staff
Former Staff
Shadow

Characters : Bramblekit
Clan/Rank : Windclan kit
Leo Pig
Number of posts : 6644

PostSubject: Re: Urm...have I been hacked?   Urm...have I been hacked? EmptyThu 21 Apr 2016 - 21:37

Basically what all of them have said cx anything that pops up within your browser is always a scam or a virus of some sort. Close out of it ASAP. If you're worried about something getting onto your computer, I suggest downloading an anit-virus software. A good, free one is Malwarebytes. It's free and you can set it up to run automatic scans of your computer and get rid of anything that might be hazardous.
Back to top Go down
Grizzly
Former Staff
Former Staff
Grizzly

Sagittarius Horse
Number of posts : 2502

PostSubject: Re: Urm...have I been hacked?   Urm...have I been hacked? EmptyFri 22 Apr 2016 - 2:16

This has been happening to other people too? Thank god I'm not infecting my computer

Urm...have I been hacked? TpKJUN0

Rushkit | RiverClan Kit | #4b5320
Lionpaw | ThunderClan Apprentice | #cb945f

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Urm...have I been hacked?   Urm...have I been hacked? Empty

Back to top Go down

Urm...have I been hacked?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Random Stuff-