Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Long Live the King

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
King Falcon I

King Falcon I

Characters : Shrikestar (T5 Leader), Ravenclaw (T5) || Falconstar, Eaglethorn, Condorclaw
Clan/Rank : WindClan Leader/SkyClan Warrior
Aquarius Goat
Number of posts : 2914

Long Live the King Empty
PostSubject: Long Live the King   Long Live the King EmptyThu Feb 04, 2016 1:58 am

Falconstar laid down at the edge of his den, looking up at the clear sky. It was rather peaceful; not that cold either. A wracking cough shook his body, causing a small frown to form on his face. He could feel it: that feeling of getting older had been plaguing him for moons, and he could tell that it wouldn't be long now before his time was up. Maybe it was time, though. After all, not many cats were as lucky to have walked these lands as long as he had. Had any, in fact? It was sad in a way, to know that every cat he had grown up with, every cat that he had admired, loved, or fought against all those seasons past had departed long ago. He knew they were waiting for him.
Back to top Go down
Kes

Kes

Characters : [F] Falconstone ✽ [H] Hawkpaw ✽ [M] Maplepaw ✽ [V] Vulturekit ✽ [K] Kestrelkit ✽
Clan/Rank : [F] WindClan Young Warrior ✽ [H] ShadowClan Apprentice ✽ [M] ShadowClan Apprentice ✽ [V] WindClan Unborn ✽ [K] ShadowClan Unborn ✽
Virgo Tiger
Number of posts : 2197

Long Live the King Empty
PostSubject: Re: Long Live the King   Long Live the King EmptyThu Feb 04, 2016 2:27 am

Kestrelstorm heard his leader and former mentor cough. Immediately, he strode to his side, sitting down next to his cherished friend. "Are you alright, Falconstar?" He asked softly, looking up at the sky with him. He was worried for his 'father'. He was an older cat, and reaching the end of his days. It worried the young tom, thinking about Falconstar dying. What would happen to WindClan? Sablefur would be the next deputy surely, but who would she choose to help lead? Would SkyClan try and take their territory back?

ll #996600 ll #000066 ll #FF6347 ll #666699 ll #669900 ll
ll WindClan ll ShadowClan ll ShadowClan ll WindClan ll ShadowClan ll
~𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓇𝒶𝒸𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝐵𝑜𝑜𝓀 ~
Long Live the King B6dp9h
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Long Live the King Empty
PostSubject: Re: Long Live the King   Long Live the King EmptySun Feb 07, 2016 10:32 pm

Gorsefeather had known. It was an instinct that only a medicine cat would understand, like how a warrior knew when the pounce on their prey, Gorsefeather knew that time was running out for their leader. He'd tried his best, lamb's ear, burnett, a bit of juniper, but there was only so much herbs could do. Falconstar was well into his years, nothing could help the fact he was older than every cat in the forest. The calico was nowhere near as old as the leader, but he knew the pain of outliving everyone you knew. He'd lost his mother, his father, his siblings and his sibling's offspring to death. That was the life of a clan cat, with every new litter, death was never far away.

But he had to try. For WindClan.

Gently brushing past Kestrelstorm, Gorsefeather brought over with him a bundle. It was tansy mixed with honey, and a few poppy seeds to help the natural aches that came with age. "Falconstar, here." He placed the herbs before the leader. "This should soothe that cough of yours."
Back to top Go down
Kes

Kes

Characters : [F] Falconstone ✽ [H] Hawkpaw ✽ [M] Maplepaw ✽ [V] Vulturekit ✽ [K] Kestrelkit ✽
Clan/Rank : [F] WindClan Young Warrior ✽ [H] ShadowClan Apprentice ✽ [M] ShadowClan Apprentice ✽ [V] WindClan Unborn ✽ [K] ShadowClan Unborn ✽
Virgo Tiger

Long Live the King Empty
PostSubject: Re: Long Live the King   Long Live the King EmptyMon Feb 08, 2016 4:23 am

Kestrelstorm stepped to the side, pressing as close to the wall as he could to give the medicine cat room. His eyebrows furrowed and his ears lowered in worry for his leader. "Should I fetch Feathertail and Eaglethorn, Falconstar? And Sablefur?" he asked softly, not sure who to ask. His heart raced, anxiety at the thought of losing his precious leader, and at the thought of having to be so close to the warrior whom broke his heart. His tail flicked in tiny movements, his pelt rigid. "Should I get some wet moss as well, Gorsefeather?" his claws dug into the ground.

He wasn't even the cat dying and the life of Falconstar flashed before his eyes. Well, the life he had with Falconstar. All the training sessions he had, all the shared prey. All the wise words and races. He shook his head, and his own life with his actual father flashed before his eyes. Admittedly, there wasn't much. All he had was kithood and the youngest of his apprenticeship. Kestrelstorm remembered glancing at his father from across the camp, comparing himself and the older warrior. They were alike, in body shape. But were they alike in personality? He didn't know.

Shaking his head again brought him to the present. His leader was dying. How could he help? He felt helpless and useless for the first time in his life.

~𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓇𝒶𝒸𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝐵𝑜𝑜𝓀 ~
Back to top Go down
King Falcon I

King Falcon I

Characters : Shrikestar (T5 Leader), Ravenclaw (T5) || Falconstar, Eaglethorn, Condorclaw
Aquarius Goat

Long Live the King Empty
PostSubject: Re: Long Live the King   Long Live the King EmptyTue Feb 09, 2016 2:04 am

Falconstar glanced over at Kestrelstorm, nodding at the original question before lapping up the herbs that were offered to him. "Thank you Kestrelstorm, Gorsefeather." His cough muted for the moment, he watched the young warrior leave his den before turning back to the medicine cat. "I can tell it's time," he spoke clearly but raspily, his voice having been slowly deteriorating for quite awhile. He had put in effort to mask it at Gatherings, but here there was no point in hiding it. Gorsefeather already knew. There was no doubt.

"I've lived a good life," he mused softly, laughing. "Definitely a long life. I have nothing left to give to this wonderful clan." The awareness and acceptance in his eyes turned serious for a moment as he trained his gaze on the medicine cat. "I cannot speak of this anymore once they return, but I worry for my son. Eaglethorn is a powerful warrior, and a loyal one, but I fear that in my death he will try to put more of himself into clan politics. His vision of the clan is not mine, but others may be swayed. We do not need another war."
Back to top Go down
Kes

Kes

Virgo Tiger

Long Live the King Empty
PostSubject: Re: Long Live the King   Long Live the King EmptyTue Feb 09, 2016 4:20 am

Kestrelstorm raced out of the den carefully, running into the clearing but then slowed and calmed down. He scanned the camp, finding Eaglethorn and Sablefur by the entrance, about to leave. "Eaglethorn! Sablefur!" he called. "Eaglethorn. Sablefur." he said again as he neared the older warriors. Eaglethorn was an imposing figure. "Falconstar needs you." he said softly, glancing to the den. "Now, I would say..." he paused, awkwardly standing there for a second. With a nod, he turned and headed to the Elder's area.

"Feathertail," he called coolly, spotting the silver warrior. "Falconstar needs you." he said shortly, turning around once more. He bounded back to the den, calling out before he entered.

"They're on their way, Falconstar." he said softly.

~𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓇𝒶𝒸𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝐵𝑜𝑜𝓀 ~
Back to top Go down
Reaper King
Former Staff
Former Staff
Reaper King

Characters : Tiger [Ti], Owl [O], Raven [R], Hare [H]
Clan/Rank : [Ti] Windclan Leader, [O] Riverclan Warrior [R] Riverclan Warrior, [H] Skyclan Warrior
Pisces Tiger
Number of posts : 9942

Long Live the King Empty
PostSubject: Re: Long Live the King   Long Live the King EmptyTue Feb 09, 2016 8:14 am

When Kestrelstorm had arrived in the elders den, the elder was glad at his appearance, but when he mentioned that Falconstar needed her, concern grew on the silver elder's face. She stood, not caring about the slight discomfort from standing up too fast. She padded out of the empty den, and then hurried over to her father's den after the new warrior. She entered the den despite it being cramped. "Falconstar?" She said with a shakey voice. Was it time for him to join Starclan? "Father?" She repeated, using a term she hadn't used out loud for a while.

Windclan ✦ Riverclan ✦ Skyclan ✦ Riverclan
Leader (Tier 5) ✦ Tier 2 ✦ Tier 2 ✦ Tier 1

Reaper's Beans | Plotting Pages | Heartchart
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Long Live the King Empty
PostSubject: Re: Long Live the King   Long Live the King EmptyWed Feb 10, 2016 1:38 pm

Gorsefeather listened solemnly, pain evident in his eyes at Falconstar's acceptance of his fate. But he didn't interrupt with useless protestations about how he couldn't give up yet, or that WindClan needed him. It was the fate of all cats to die one day, whether it was an enemy, illness or age. No one knew that more than a medicine cat. He knew that Falconstar had done his part, making WindClan great and was father to all, regardless of blood. He deserved to rest amongst the stars.

He nodded along to Falconstar's word, not even surprised by his concern about Eaglethorn. The medicine cat saw more than the clan thought, Gorsefeather had grown amongst treachery from his own parents, it had taught him to trust few and keep his judgement unbiased by sentimentality. A trait that had made him a poor mentor to Emberleaf, but unflinchingly loyal to StarClan. "You're going to join StarClan, not fade off into oblivion. I have no doubt you'll be spending your days guiding us even from up there." The calico said wryly, before continuing with the appropriate brevity. "I'll keep an eye on Eaglethorn, as strong as he may be, he cannot defy the will of StarClan or ignore the words of a medicine cat that easily. And Sablefur, you've chosen well. I know she will lead wisely. Do not fear for us, Falconstar."

As he finished up, he moved aside to allow Feathertail to talk with the leader with some privacy.
Back to top Go down
King Falcon I

King Falcon I

Aquarius Goat

Long Live the King Empty
PostSubject: Re: Long Live the King   Long Live the King EmptyThu Feb 11, 2016 2:19 am

Eaglethorn, getting the message from Kestrelstorm, raced away without a word, coming to a halt at the entrance to Falconstar's den. Padding in slowly, he hissed quietly, knowing exactly what was happening. Nobody needed to elaborate on the obvious.

Falconstar nodded to Gorsefeather as Feathertail and Eaglethorn raced in, content that his clan would be in good paws. "Thank you." Turning to his warriors, his own children, he smiled wistfully up at them. "I know that you two, you all will continue to guide WindClan in the right direction. That's all I can ask." Another cough, not as painful, but noticeable. Not even Gorsefeather would be able to find an herb to stave off time forever.

OoC: Alright, one more post should do it. I love dragging this on forever.
Back to top Go down
Pinely-san

Pinely-san

Characters : Blizzardsky / Sablefur / Palepaw / Larktalon / Patchface / Rowancloud / Sedgeclaw / Owlfang / Pinepaw / Thornpaw / Gorsepaw / Toadpaw / Muddykit / Rookpaw / Daypaw
Clan/Rank : [M] RiverClan Apprentice [R] ShadowClan Apprentice [D] ThunderClan Apprentice
Pisces Cat
Number of posts : 5344

Long Live the King Empty
PostSubject: Re: Long Live the King   Long Live the King EmptyFri Feb 12, 2016 10:32 am

Sablefur was next to arrive, the stench of sickness tainting the air. Her ears flattened against her skull as she shouldered past her Clanmates in dismay, eyes wide. She had heard Kestrelstorm's distressing call and had come rushing over from a calming meal. She stared down at Falconstar who seemed more like a lone rogue than a powerful Clan leader. Pain tinged at her heart as she stared down at the cat that she had once looked up to.

"Falconstar," she pleaded, hunching over him. "I still have so much more to learn from you." It was true that he had lived a long, fruitful life, but it was hard to imagine continuing Clan life without him. Sablefur wasn't ready, was she? She was quiet for a long moment, listening to his uneven breathing and coughing fit. She glanced around at the other warriors who seemed to be keeping a better composure than her. She stared down at her paws, her mind going astray with disbelief. This was actually happening?

#826644 - #DAA520 - #CEB180 - #808000
Long Live the King N6a5zHfLong Live the King IMrnxD6Long Live the King GMXQgOOLong Live the King JySwIyJ
Muddypaw - Rookpaw - Daypaw - Specklekit
Long Live the King GMUOTJ6
Back to top Go down
King Falcon I

King Falcon I

Aquarius Goat

Long Live the King Empty
PostSubject: Re: Long Live the King   Long Live the King EmptySat Feb 13, 2016 1:55 am

"You've learned all that you need to know." Falconstar smiled up at his deputy, knowing that she would lead WindClan well after he was gone. "You'll be a great leader, Sablefur." He looked over his den, glancing with glazed blue eyes at the cats gathered: his deputy, his medicine cat, his children, and his former apprentice. It was time to go: the clan would be in good paws.

Looking past the small gathering within his den, he looked out at the clearing, past it to the territory that he had roamed for more seasons than anyone could even count. There was a new moor to run, though. "Keep everyone safe, and keep us prosperous. Long live WindClan." With a final smile, he laid his head back down and closed his eyes, his last life slipping away from the mortal realm.
Back to top Go down
Kes

Kes

Virgo Tiger

Long Live the King Empty
PostSubject: Re: Long Live the King   Long Live the King EmptySat Feb 13, 2016 4:31 am

Kestrelstorm held back a mournful yowl. Falconstar! He was wailing on the inside, depressed with the knowledge that he lost his favorite cat. What would happen now? Sablefur would become Sablestar but who would take the spot of deputy? Will WindClan fall apart like the rest of the clans? What would happen.

He wanted Falconstar back.

~𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓇𝒶𝒸𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝐵𝑜𝑜𝓀 ~
Back to top Go down
Reaper King
Former Staff
Former Staff
Reaper King

Characters : Tiger [Ti], Owl [O], Raven [R], Hare [H]
Clan/Rank : [Ti] Windclan Leader, [O] Riverclan Warrior [R] Riverclan Warrior, [H] Skyclan Warrior
Pisces Tiger
Number of posts : 9942

Long Live the King Empty
PostSubject: Re: Long Live the King   Long Live the King EmptySat Feb 13, 2016 6:01 am

Falconstar was gone.. Her father was gone. He had lived for so long.. and now he was gone. Neither of her parents remained alive. She only had her recent kits left, and her brother. Would she out live her recent kits too? Feathertail shook her head, and bit back words. She took a step forward and pressed a nose into her father's fur. She closed her eyes, and took a moment to remember the happy times she had with Falconstar before taking a step back.

"The clan is in good hands Falconstar.. Silverfang, and Raccoonstar are waiting on you." She said. She knew that he was good friends with the leader before him, and of course her mother, his mate would be waiting on him. She took a step back to allow the others a moment with him before the pulled his body out into the clearing for others to mourn. She looked to Sablefur. She would need to travel to Moonstone soon, and appoint a deputy.

Windclan ✦ Riverclan ✦ Skyclan ✦ Riverclan
Leader (Tier 5) ✦ Tier 2 ✦ Tier 2 ✦ Tier 1

Reaper's Beans | Plotting Pages | Heartchart
Back to top Go down
Pinely-san

Pinely-san

Characters : Blizzardsky / Sablefur / Palepaw / Larktalon / Patchface / Rowancloud / Sedgeclaw / Owlfang / Pinepaw / Thornpaw / Gorsepaw / Toadpaw / Muddykit / Rookpaw / Daypaw
Clan/Rank : [M] RiverClan Apprentice [R] ShadowClan Apprentice [D] ThunderClan Apprentice
Pisces Cat
Number of posts : 5344

Long Live the King Empty
PostSubject: Re: Long Live the King   Long Live the King EmptySat Feb 13, 2016 8:34 am

Sablefur sat in silence at Falconstar's last words. She wanted to let Falconstar's good name live on in her, but she couldn't bring herself to look up into his den. As his body was dragged out, she sat quietly in the den. His scent was so fresh... she didn't want to disturb the only physical remembrance of him that they would have for a long while. Sablefur sat hunched over, staring into his empty nest. She would definitely miss him. All of WindClan would. Many generations would hear of the long, prosperous life he had lived. The mournful yowls of her Clanmates drowned out her thoughts, but only one rang out through her mind.

Long live Falconstar, she thought. Long live WindClan.

#826644 - #DAA520 - #CEB180 - #808000
Long Live the King N6a5zHfLong Live the King IMrnxD6Long Live the King GMXQgOOLong Live the King JySwIyJ
Muddypaw - Rookpaw - Daypaw - Specklekit
Long Live the King GMUOTJ6
Back to top Go down
Kes

Kes

Virgo Tiger

Long Live the King Empty
PostSubject: Re: Long Live the King   Long Live the King EmptySat Feb 13, 2016 8:46 am

Kestrelstorm watched as his favorite cat was brought to the clearing in order to be mourned over. His eyes raked the clearing as he sat on the edge of the group, numb. So very numb. With a sigh he turned to see the edge of Sablefur still in Falconstar's den. Her den. He thought to himself. Slowly, be stood and entered the den. Slowly, he lumbered over, and rested his head on top of hers. "We will be okay." he assured, though he wasn't sure himself.

~𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓇𝒶𝒸𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝐵𝑜𝑜𝓀 ~
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Long Live the King Empty
PostSubject: Re: Long Live the King   Long Live the King Empty

Back to top Go down

Long Live the King
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next