Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

A Frosty Feather

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bleu Haikyuu

Bleu Haikyuu

Characters : {A}Amberkit
Clan/Rank : {A}TC Kit
Taurus Horse
Number of posts : 1896

A Frosty Feather Empty
PostSubject: A Frosty Feather   A Frosty Feather EmptySat 12 Dec 2015 - 15:40

Hello! So I guess I'm making a short story that is based on Warriors? No characters from the forum are in it, just characters that I've created! Enjoy

My mother used to tell me that Leaf-Bare was a time of hardships but also strength. Boy, was she wrong. I stood at an outlook that peeked up just above the camp. It was beautiful place that rose above most of the forest. From the place I stood, I could just barely see the distant moors of Windclan through the snow. The barren hills were blanketed in white. The sky was gray and snowflakes sprinkled down, covering me with clumps of white. The dusting of snow that layered my back was beginning to seep into my fur and I began to shiver. I never liked the cold, and I really didn't like Leaf-Bare since it was literally everything but warm. I began to make my way back down the slow, occasionally sliding as I lost my footing (or pawing?) in the snow. I trekked back toward the ravine that made up for the camp's entrance and shook my fur, shedding the flakes from my back as best I could. A patrol brushed pass me, each carrying a scrawny squirrel or mouse. The prey was so scarce and thin. Some of the elders even stated that it was one of the worst Leaf-Bares they'd ever encountered in their long lives in Thunderclan. The group of cats vanished into the camp and I quickly followed them. The camp was somewhat active. Warriors were patching up the nursery, the apprentices were practicing; but the kits were full of tireless energy. They jumped through the snow, squealing and yelping at each other. I felt a pang of sadness as I remembered my days as a kit. My brother, Oaktail, would always tackle me since he was the bigger of my siblings. I saw my sister near the fresh-kill pile. Her fur was a beautiful russet color with slender black paws, muzzle, chest and tail tip. She also had tints of black all over her body. Her amber eyes flashed with delight. I snapped out of my thoughts and realized that her new mate, Stoneleap. I somewhat admired her mate, he was a good warrior. His gray fur was matted in heaps of snow. He had black spots all over his shoulders and sides that started to turn a dark gray near the tail. His eyes were a dreamy amber color that looked almost red. Stoneleap had his back to me white Rosetail's eyes were closed and a big smile was plastered on her face. I was about to go over and say hi but I was too busy falling to do anything. What an embarrassment! My face drove into the ground and my paws spread out. I laid sprawled out for a matter of seconds before I pulled myself from my daze and scrambled up. I turned around and saw the two oldest kits, Foxkit and Stormkit. Foxkit had lush orange like fur with a white chest and black paws. Her muzzle was a little slender and her ears were more black at the tips. In all honesty, her appearance held up to her name. Stormkit was a pure gray tom with dark green eyes like the forest at night. They looked at me with with concern.
"Sorry!" Foxkit squeaked desperately. Stormkit nodded and I suppressed a laugh. He was nodding so hard it made it look like he was trying to make his head come off.
"It's alright, mistakes happen even with the best warriors," I replied softly. I always had this part of me that softened whenever I talked to a kit. They were just so cute. Foxkit gave me a lopsided grin then bolted off towards the other kits with Stormkit in pursuit. I watched with happiness as the kits began to wrestle with each other.
"Nightfrost!" someone called. I turned my head in the direction of the sound and grumbled inwardly as Thornheart padded, or strutted, over. The tom was growing annoying since he never left her alone.
"Thornheart," I mumbled. He flashed a smile at me.
"Listen, Blossomheart asked me to gather a few warriors to help her salvage some of the herbs before the actual cold sets in," Thornheart purred.
"Why would she ask for our help when she could just ask Sparrowpaw?" I asked. Sparrowpaw was appointed Blossomheart's apprentice just a couple sunrises ago. The young black-and-white tom had progressed quickly as a medicine cat and probably knew enough to salvage the herbs with Blossomheart. Then it dawned on me.
"No thank you, Thornheart. I have to talk to Moonfoot to see if I can do the Sun-High patrol with him," I put in quickly. Smooth, Nightfrost, smooth I praised myself. Thornheart just smiled wistfully and padded away, his large paws indenting the ground. I turned around and began to look for Moonfoot. The deputy couldn't be that hard to spot, in fact he would probably stand out more since he had a thin black pelt. I picked him out from a small group huddled beneath the high rock. I started to pad over to him when a frightened wail carried throughout the camp. Moonfrost's ears shot upright and he jumped to his paws. The two senior warriors next to him, the twins Dapplespirit and Splotchtail, scurried after Moonfoot as he raced toward the sound. Then the leader of Thunderclan emerged. She was a strong orange tabby with a white chest and darker orange stripes. Her muscles moved smoothly beneath her pelt as she followed Moonfoot and the two calico siblings towards the commotion near the medicine cat den. I turned around, spikes of ice impaling my heart. Something was horribly wrong. Cats began to murmur as another cry echoed through the camp. I rushed over to the gathering crowd and nearly collapsed. In the middle of the circle was Blossomheart. The ginger medicine cat's form was slumped and she quivered.
"Blossomheart," Sunstar rushed forward and pressed against the young cat. Blossomheart looked up, her eyes wider than moons. She let out a small sob as she attempted to regain her posture.
"Willowpaw and Adderpaw have died from greencough," Blossomheart whispered, her voice cracking. Greencough had already reached the camp? And no wonder Blossomheart was so devastated. Willowpaw and Adderpaw had been her sister's, Gingerfang's, only kits. The sound of coughing broke the silence of the grief. Blossomheart's eyes snapped wide.
"No, no, no!" she cried out. The greencough invasion had begun.

Hope you enjoyed this, I'll continued this soon!

A Frosty Feather
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Off Topic :: Artwork & Literature-
Jump to: