Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

A Ruined Day (open to TC)

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Toy

Toy

Characters : {L}oudkit // {Ca}ramel Apple
Clan/Rank : Some returning nerd from long ago!
Cancer Number of posts : 2240

A Ruined Day (open to TC) Empty
PostSubject: A Ruined Day (open to TC)   A Ruined Day (open to TC) EmptyMon 31 Aug 2015 - 14:36

The apprentice coughed, and sobbed mercilessly, thinking about his brother. I'm a monster... I killed my own brother! I probably have greencough, too... He cried, sitting down next to empty Freshkill pile. He didn't bother to hunt; he knew he would probably infect the food with his virus. He lay down, tears dripping from his eyes. He lay there, sobbing. He coughed again, then cried harder. He rested his head on his paws.

Loudkit of RiverClan~6600ff ~Caramel Apple, Rogue~996600
Back to top Go down
Blaze

Blaze

Characters : Sunpelt; Dawnkit; Tawnykit; Hazelkit; Mosskit
Clan/Rank : Flamestripe - TC/StarClan Warrior; Sunpelt - TC/Warrior; Creammist - RC/StarClan Warrior; Meadow - BC/Dead; Swiftpaw - WC/StarClan Warrior; Heatherpaw - TC/Starland Warrior; Sorrelpaw - TC/Starland Warrior
Virgo Tiger
Number of posts : 1690

PostSubject: Re: A Ruined Day (open to TC)   A Ruined Day (open to TC) EmptyMon 31 Aug 2015 - 17:14

Sunpelt spotted his son crying, and padded slowly toward him, grief still raw on his mind as he thought of poor young Pebblekit. "Goldenpaw, what's wrong?" he murmured, laying down beside him. He rested his tail on his son's shoulders, also feeling sad that he did not beat Falconstar in the Warriors Popularity Contest.

Click here to join Warriors New Trek!

Sunpelt|HP-60/SP-200|ThunderClan
Dawnkit|HP-5/SP-15|ThunderClan
Tawnykit|HP-5/SP-15|ThunderClan
Hazelkit|HP-5/SP-15|RiverClan
Mosskit|HP-5/SP-15|RiverClan

Sunpelt won Third Place in the Great Warriors Popularity Contest!
Back to top Go down
Toy

Toy

PostSubject: Re: A Ruined Day (open to TC)   A Ruined Day (open to TC) EmptyMon 31 Aug 2015 - 17:18

"You didn't win the Great Warriors Popularity Contest! You let me down!"

"I-I killed Pebblekit..." He sobbed, not bothering to look at Sun the Great Almighty. "I probably have greencough too..." his mind wandered in thought, making him even more sad about the thought of his dead brother.

Back to top Go down
Blaze

Blaze

Clan/Rank : Flamestripe - TC/StarClan Warrior; Sunpelt - TC/Warrior; Creammist - RC/StarClan Warrior; Meadow - BC/Dead; Swiftpaw - WC/StarClan Warrior; Heatherpaw - TC/Starland Warrior; Sorrelpaw - TC/Starland Warrior
Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: A Ruined Day (open to TC)   A Ruined Day (open to TC) EmptyMon 31 Aug 2015 - 17:52

Sunpelt gasped in surprise. "You don't have greencough!" he growled determinedly. "It has to be true. Why isn't Nightfire treating your cold?"

Back to top Go down
Toy

Toy

PostSubject: Re: A Ruined Day (open to TC)   A Ruined Day (open to TC) EmptyMon 31 Aug 2015 - 18:21

"Don't ask me.. Ask Nightfire. I'm living in illnesses and depression..." He mumbled, getting up. He turned his head away from his father, tears continuing to flow out of his dreary, bloodshot blue eyes. Coughing, he peered into the pile. He turned his bloodshot gaze back to his father. "What has to be true?"

OOC: What has to be true? I didn't understand that XD

Back to top Go down
Blaze

Blaze

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: A Ruined Day (open to TC)   A Ruined Day (open to TC) EmptyMon 31 Aug 2015 - 18:26

"It has to be true that you don't have greencough," Sunpelt told his son, padding towards the camp entrance. "Want to go hunting? It'll take out mind off things, and a bit of fresh air will help your cough. If you want, we can get a drink from the stream." He flicked his tail invitingly, wanting to change the subject for a bit.

Back to top Go down
Toy

Toy

PostSubject: Re: A Ruined Day (open to TC)   A Ruined Day (open to TC) EmptyMon 31 Aug 2015 - 18:32

"Okay..." He mumbled dryly, walking after his father. He had no spirit; he was depressed. "Just make sure that all prey I catch I eat because I don't want to get anyone else sick." He groaned, couching more. "I need a good drink of water..." His throat was scratchy, making an eerie-- almost chirpish-- sound. He raced in front of his father, coughing loudly. He heard lots of fluttering of wings and scatters; he probably scared off all the prey. Goldenpaw didn't care; he felt to weak to hunt... He was tired and sick. And hungry, to. What a fantastic way to srart the day... He lapped up some of the cold water of the rushing cold, refreshing water... and smiled.

Back to top Go down
Blaze

Blaze

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: A Ruined Day (open to TC)   A Ruined Day (open to TC) EmptyMon 31 Aug 2015 - 18:48

Sunpelt's tail drooped as Goldenpaw raced ahead of him, all of his old spirit as a kit vanished. I had just wanted to cheer him up, he thought sadly, trudging after his son. He reached the stream and leaned down, lapping up the cold, refreshing water.

Small silver-green minnows raced beneath his tongue. They all seem so happy. Sunpelt glanced at Goldenpaw out the corner of his amber eye, his tail flicking. "We don't have to hunt if you don't want to..." he muttered, looking back at the minnows flashing beneath the water.

Back to top Go down
Toy

Toy

PostSubject: Re: A Ruined Day (open to TC)   A Ruined Day (open to TC) EmptyMon 31 Aug 2015 - 20:27

"We can hunt... It's fine. I'll be okay." He muttered, sadness overtaking him. He felt terrible; with guilt and illness.

OOC: Shortness

Back to top Go down
Clover

Clover

Characters : Gingerpaw; Slatepaw; Eclipse
Clan/Rank : {G}: Thunderclan/Apprentice; {S}: Thunderclan/Apprentice; {E}: Asylum/Nightstriker
Sagittarius Dragon
Number of posts : 4075

PostSubject: Re: A Ruined Day (open to TC)   A Ruined Day (open to TC) EmptyMon 31 Aug 2015 - 22:19

Minnowpaw padded after her dad and brother. "Goldenpaw you don't have Greencough and you didn't kill Pebblekit he died of Grencough because there was a hole in the nursery wall and he was being exposed to that. Don't worry I fixed it but he always stayed in the nursery because he was always bored when he went out of the den. Mom told me and that's why I fixed it and that's how Pebblekit died." the great silver stripped apprentice meowed to her brother trying to cheer him up. "Besides Goldenpaw you only have a cold." She smiled and cuffed her brother lightly on the ear.

Cloverpool padded after them smiling when her daughter told them the truth. "Sunpelt I'm having another litter." She purred and gave her mate a lick on the cheek and twined her tail with his.

Slatepaw:

Eclipse:
Back to top Go down
http://flamesoftheheart.freeforums.net/
Toy

Toy

PostSubject: Re: A Ruined Day (open to TC)   A Ruined Day (open to TC) EmptyMon 31 Aug 2015 - 22:34

Another litter? Oh no... (OOC: I'm going to have him be super grumpy about the new litter) He growled, trying to relax. I don't want more siblings! I like it with just me and Minnowpaw... He scurried away from the group, hissing. "I don't want more siblings! Nooooooooooooooooo!!" He whispered, snarling. He was against anyone who tried to cheer him up.

Back to top Go down
Blaze

Blaze

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: A Ruined Day (open to TC)   A Ruined Day (open to TC) EmptyMon 31 Aug 2015 - 23:38

Sunpelt started to purr, and headed over to Cloverpool to twine his tail with hers. He leaned down to lick Minnowpaw's head, but then.... "Goldenpaw, come back! What's wrong? Why don't you want more siblings? They'll look up to you!" He cast a bewildered and grief-stricken look at his mate, and tore after his son.

"Goldenpaw, I don't understand! It's not fair to your new siblings. Cloverpool and I took care of you and Minnowpaw your whole life, and I think you should repay us by helping us raise new kits! Even at the least, you could support your mother; she has to go through a lot to bear and raise kittens!" Sunpelt felt anger and disbelief surge through him. My own son! Turning his back on his own parents and unborn siblings! All he's doing is burdening us with worry for his cough and for his behavioral problems! Well, I'm not going to pity him, if that's what he wants.

But it was against Sunpelt's personality to feel true anger at Goldenpaw, and he let out an exhausted sigh, and stopped running after his son. It's no use, he told himself. Just let Goldenpaw cool down.... He deserves that, at the most. What's the point of bothering him so that he dislikes us?

So the yellow tabby turned around and trudged sadly back to Cloverpool and Minnowpaw. He let out a dejected sigh, feeling thoroughly depressed, and walked to his mate's side. He leaned against her shoulder, his energy completely drained from him. "I don't know what's wrong...." he muttered. Sighing, he turned his head away from Cloverpool and his daughter, blinking back miserable tears that threatened to leak from his eyes. I'm a warrior, a father, and a brave-but-beaten contestant of the Great Warriors Popularity Contest! I can't be crying....

Back to top Go down
Clover

Clover

Characters : Gingerpaw; Slatepaw; Eclipse
Clan/Rank : {G}: Thunderclan/Apprentice; {S}: Thunderclan/Apprentice; {E}: Asylum/Nightstriker
Sagittarius Dragon
Number of posts : 4075

PostSubject: Re: A Ruined Day (open to TC)   A Ruined Day (open to TC) EmptyTue 1 Sep 2015 - 1:36

Cloverpool looked after her son a little hurt that he didn't want anymore siblings. "He'll be fine just let him cool down Sunoelt. He'll come around eventually." She purred trying to stay strong.

Minnowpaw stared after her brother.

Slatepaw:

Eclipse:
Back to top Go down
http://flamesoftheheart.freeforums.net/
Toy

Toy

PostSubject: Re: A Ruined Day (open to TC)   A Ruined Day (open to TC) EmptyTue 1 Sep 2015 - 3:45

Goldenpaw ran to the river, letting the dripping water soak his paws at the waves crashed onto the shore. "Goldenpaw, come back! What's wrong? Why don't you want more siblings? They'll look up to you!" He heard the voice of his father in a distance, but instead pinned his ears back and stared into the lonely river...

"Goldenkit! Come on, let's play!" Minnowkit meowed, and Goldenkit played everytime, until... the fox... "Daddy! DADDY!" He yowled. His father and his uncle saved the young kit's life, but instead got him ill.

His memories were fading away as he heard another meow of Sunpelt. "Goldenpaw, I don't understand! It's not fair to your new siblings. Cloverpool and I took care of you and Minnowpaw your whole life, and I think you should repay us by helping us raise new kits! Even at the least, you could support your mother; she has to go through a lot to bear and raise kittens!" He growled, then softened up a little bit. He buried his muzzle into his paws, sobbing silently.

You never pay attention to me anymore... It just isn't fair... I... feel lonely, but... I just don't know! He coughed, his ugly coughs sounding more like hacks.

Back to top Go down
Blaze

Blaze

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: A Ruined Day (open to TC)   A Ruined Day (open to TC) EmptyTue 1 Sep 2015 - 19:22

Sunpelt nodded at Cloverpool, taking a deep breath to calm himself. "I know.... Come on, let's leave him to his thoughts." He turned around ready to go back to camp, but then thought of how Goldenpaw would feel if his parents and sister left him without him knowing. So he twisted his head around and called, "Goldenpaw, I'm going back to camp.... You mother and sister might come with me..." He glanced at his mate and Minnowpaw, and started off toward camp, his ears flattened and his paws dragging on the rough, leaf-littered ground.

Downcast and miserable, he didn't bother to prick his black-tipped ears for the sound of prey. It was a waste to come out here.... It only led to sadness and anger. I was only trying to cheer Goldenpaw up... Nevertheless, his sharp hearing sensed the slight rustling of a small creature, and his paws could feel the vibrations of tiny feet pattering across the leaf-mold.

He instinctively crouched to the ground, his yellow tail still and silent as it hovered above the ground. All his senses were focused on the prey, his ears flicking as he tried to pinpoint where the prey was. The familiar concentration used for hunting usually sent thrills of joy and excitement up Sunpelt's spine, but now he didn't feel any happiness to urge him on. He only felt quiet determination to catch the prey for ThunderClan, and then go right back home. He wouldn't rightly care if a load of hail started to crash into him from a stormy sky, he was so miserable.

He finally pinpointed where the prey was, and he slowly turned his head to where the mouse was mouse was most likely hiding. After waiting a few moments of waiting, still and silent, hardly breathing, a small pink nose poked from under a leaf. Mouse, Sunpelt vaguely realized, the hunt's excitement still not reaching him. He crouched lower still, willing the mouse to appear fully from the leaf-mold.

That waiting took another few moments, but eventually the mouse emerged from its refuge. Sunpelt tucked in his hind legs, and stalked silently and skillfully toward the prey. When he was about three tail-lengths away, he tucked his hind legs further under his belly, ready to pounce. He tasted the air, confirming that he was upwind from his prey. Then, when the mouse had its back toward him, he gave a flying leap, the wind rustling his pelt as he dove toward his quarry. But it still did not give his hunt a joyous twinge. He landed squarely on the mouse's shoulders, and leaned down to give it a killing bite before it could squeal a warning to the other prey that Sunpelt could possibly catch later. He snapped its neck, and the prey became limp immediately.

The warmth steadily draining from the mouse, he picked up his catch and headed toward camp, not bothering to bury it. I'm not going to hunt more, so what will be the point of coming back for it? He padded moodily to the ravine, dropped his catch, and nudged it toward the edge of the ravine. The mouse fell onto one of the rocks jutting from the steep slope, and Sunpelt jumped after it. He followed this routine until he and his catch reached the foot of the ravine, where he picked up the mouse and carried it to the camp barrier. Ducking under the firm branches of the bushes, his prey clamped securely in his mouth, the yellow tabby emerged into the camp.

He carried the mouse over to the prey pile and dropped it along with his Clanmates' catches, which included plenty of squirrels, a few thrushes, four or five voles, and a group of starlings. So far his mouse was the only prey of its kind among the prey pile. Too bad for whoever enjoys mice, Sunpelt thought wryly to himself. He turned around and looked longingly at the warriors den. He wanted more than anything to curl up in his comfy nest, nice and snug under the protective branches of the thorn bush.

But I can't, he told himself firmly. I'm a warrior, and that means business. Wondering what useful job he could carry out, he headed toward the camp entrance yet again, though he didn't plan on going out into the forest. He sat outside the carefully hidden entrance tunnel, curling his tail over his paws, preparing to spend a boring day guarding the camp and his Clanmates within. That brought annoyance to pile on top of his miserableness. Not wanting to be dragged into a worse mood, Sunpelt busied himself with grooming his already-groomed tail. To follow up with that, he began licking his paws and drawing them over his ears. In turn, he crouched on the ground and stretched his neck far enough to groom his hindquarters, whose fur he hadn't bothered to care for in the past few weeks.

But after all the stubborn tufts of yellow fur were flattened and thoroughly cleaned, he had run out of ideas for diverting his miserableness and annoyance. Now feeling very, very bored, Sunpelt groaned inwardly, holding back a hiss of restlessness. Where are all the kits? he grumbled half-heartedly to himself. They'd entertain me....

OOC: I would have roleplayed Petalpaw, who only just turned an apprentice and is still kit-like, but my post is long enough without making you guys as bored as Sunpelt.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Ruined Day (open to TC)   A Ruined Day (open to TC) Empty

Back to top Go down

A Ruined Day (open to TC)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next