Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

The joys of apprenticeship

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Sun
Former Staff
Former Staff
Sun

Characters : Turtlefur, Goldenstar, Lynxpetal, Creekpaw, Lightningpaw
Clan/Rank : RiverClan Warrior, WindClan Leader, SkyClan Queen RiverClan Apprentice, WindClan Apprentice
Sagittarius Tiger
Number of posts : 8190

The joys of apprenticeship Empty
PostSubject: The joys of apprenticeship   The joys of apprenticeship EmptySat Jun 20, 2015 11:30 am

Leopardpaw paced the camp clearing. He had been an apprentice for at least a moon now, but his mentor had yet to take him anywhere. He hadn't learned anything at all, and he felt useless. It was like being a glorified kit with a name change. The young apprentice snarled in frustration, claws sliding in and out of their sheaths. He padded moodily to the fresh-kill pile and snatched up a toad, carrying it a short distance away and sat down to eat. The code stated that all apprentices needed to catch something for the clan before eating, but right now he didn't give a rat's tail about the code. He tore into the toad and glowered at anyone who passed. It wasn't like he could actually hunt, anyway.

Sun // Living Characters // Deceased Characters
The joys of apprenticeship 713E5771-31B2-4EA8-B75F-EC3A67DB4C32
Turtlefur || Tom || RiverClan T5 Warrior || Requirements || #cc9900
Goldenstar || She-cat || WindClan T5 Leader || Requirements || burlywood
Lynxpetal || She-cat || SkyClan Queen || darkblue
Lightningpaw || Tom || WindClan Apprentice || #dfd47e
Creekpaw || She-cat || RiverClan Apprentice || #4c5682
Back to top Go down
Cat

Cat

Characters : berrykit ; goldenkit
Clan/Rank : riverclan / kit ; shadowclan / kit
Gemini Dragon
Number of posts : 4281

PostSubject: Re: The joys of apprenticeship   The joys of apprenticeship EmptySat Jun 20, 2015 12:21 pm

OOC: This is open, correct?

IC: Stumppaw walked over, "Hey Leopardpaw, you know we can't eat yet..." He said, noticing the road he grabbed. He seems to be in a bad mood.

#9999ff
| #ffcc00

my active characters ~ my profile
Back to top Go down
Sun
Former Staff
Former Staff
Sun

Clan/Rank : RiverClan Warrior, WindClan Leader, SkyClan Queen RiverClan Apprentice, WindClan Apprentice
Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: The joys of apprenticeship   The joys of apprenticeship EmptySat Jun 20, 2015 12:42 pm

OOC: Yep, open for anyone

IC: The spotted apprentice scowled at Stumppaw, placing a paw over his meal like he expected the other tom to take it. "All of the warriors here are too lazy to enforce that rule. They're too lazy to do anything, so there's nobody to stop me from eating when I'm hungry. Besides, those weak elders we're supposed to be hunting for never did anything for me." He growled. He couldn't help but be bitter when his own mentor was neglecting him.

Back to top Go down
Cat

Cat

Gemini Dragon

PostSubject: Re: The joys of apprenticeship   The joys of apprenticeship EmptySat Jun 20, 2015 12:47 pm

Stumppaw blinked. "Leopardpaw, why are you being like this? When we were kits you seemed so happy." The three legged tom was more concerned of his attitude than anything else, but he wondered why he wasn't upbeat. Stumppaw suffered more than most of the cats in his clan. He lost a leg. Had quite short legs- though they seemed to be longer now- and had many scars and bruises and cuts. And his sister died. So why was Leopardpaw like this?

#9999ff
| #ffcc00

Back to top Go down
Sun
Former Staff
Former Staff
Sun

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: The joys of apprenticeship   The joys of apprenticeship EmptySat Jun 20, 2015 1:14 pm

"I'm not being like this, I'm being realistic." He countered. "When I was a kit, I thought this was a clan. A real clan, I mean. Not just a few cats struggling to get by. I was happy because I thought we actually had a future." He pawed at his half-eaten toad. He'd suddenly lost his appetite. Leopardpaw had had a few concerns when he first became an apprentice, but didn't have anyone to share them with. Maybe that's why he was spilling such shameful fears to this tom he didn't even consider a friend? "Did you know that Shadowclan once routed Thunderclan in their own camp? The elders told me. It was generations ago--the elders heard it from their elders when they were kits. Then there was plague and invasion. Shadowclan got scattered, killed, destroyed. Any of the other clans could chase us out right now. There's really nothing stopping them." His claws gouged holes into the soft earth. The only thing Leopardpaw respected was strength, and Shadowclan was not strong.

Back to top Go down
Cat

Cat

Gemini Dragon

PostSubject: Re: The joys of apprenticeship   The joys of apprenticeship EmptySat Jun 20, 2015 1:20 pm

After thinking out his words for a minute, Stumppaw began to speak. "Then leave. You know you can leave if you want, right? I know it's crazy, but if you want to, I'm sure we'd all understand. If there's anything left of this clan, I'll help my part. But if you leave, I'll come with. What can I do here? We are weak. I have three legs and battle scars. Maybe they'd take us in. Maybe." Okay, so maybe Stumppaw was crazy. But maybe his idea would work. He had this idea in mind since Lionpaw died. "Leaving... Leaving wouldn't be so bad, I guess..."

#9999ff
| #ffcc00

Back to top Go down
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Characters : Living: Perchstar [P], Bubblebeam [B], Dovetail [D], Hedgepaw [H], Larchpaw [L]. Deceased/Missing: Tansyfoot, Turtlepelt, Morning, Longwhisker, Ryestep, Poolmist, Nettletail, Halfmoon, Freckleface, Lionfur, Shimmerheart, Breezewhisker, Honeydrop, Ashstar, Snowpaw, Brushgaze (NPC), Shellwater, Snowblossom, Quailfeather, Gingerstripe, Carat, Redwing, Graybriar, Pricklebush, Appledapple, Flutterpetal, Felix.
Clan/Rank : [P]: RiverClan Leader. [B]: SkyClan T3 Warrior. [D]: RiverClan T3 Warrior. [H]: ShadowClan Apprentice. [L]: WindClan Apprentice.
Cancer Snake
Number of posts : 6625

PostSubject: Re: The joys of apprenticeship   The joys of apprenticeship EmptySat Jun 20, 2015 3:48 pm

Shimmerkit walked out of the nursery. Though older than many apprentices, she was still a kit because Ebonyleaf had yet to accept her as a medicine cat apprentice and she had no desire to train as a warrior. She saw the two apprentices quarrel. "ShadowClan may not be strong yet," interjected the black she-cat, "but it will be strong with more warriors. ShadowClan needs you to be strong so that it can be strong."

⸙ Larchpaw ⸙ ~ ☆ Perchstar ☆ ~ ♡ Hedgepaw ♡ ~ ◈ Dovetail ◈ ~ ○ Bubblebeam ○
⸙ WindClan ⸙ ~ ☆ RiverClan ☆ ~ ♡ ShadowClan ♡ ~ ◈ RiverClan ◈ ~ ○ SkyClan ○
⸙ Apprentice ⸙ ~ ☆ Tier 5 Leader ☆ ~ ♡ Apprentice ♡ ~ ◈ Tier 3 Warrior ◈ ~ ○ Tier 3 Warrior ○

~~PM me here or on Discord if you want a topic with any of my cats!~~
~Wonderful Signature by Xaandiir!~
Back to top Go down
Sun
Former Staff
Former Staff
Sun

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: The joys of apprenticeship   The joys of apprenticeship EmptySat Jun 20, 2015 6:34 pm

OOC: *joins to help rebuild SC* *ends up leaving and taking people with me*

IC: Leopardpaw was wondering who it was Stumppaw was hoping would take him in when Shimmerkit approached. She felt his pain, too, but in a different way. Her supposedly future-mentor wouldn't even agree to train her. Being noticed and rejected probably stung more than being unseen and forgotten. "I have considered leaving," He said plainly. "But I can't. I've not learned anything. Going out on my own is a death sentence if I can't even hunt prey or fight off enemies." He glanced at the she-cat, older than him yet with the rank of a kit, and flicked his tail. "Perhaps we need a new generation of cats instead of these old fleabags." His mind wandered while he considered the possibility of abducting kits and reaching out to strong rogues and loners. Blood purity meant nothing to him; it was only strength through unity and willingness to follow orders that concerned him.

Back to top Go down
Cat

Cat

Gemini Dragon

PostSubject: Re: The joys of apprenticeship   The joys of apprenticeship EmptySat Jun 20, 2015 6:48 pm

"Okay." Stumppaw said. Well, so good for that. 

OOC: Oops too short

#9999ff
| #ffcc00

Back to top Go down
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Characters : Living: Perchstar [P], Bubblebeam [B], Dovetail [D], Hedgepaw [H], Larchpaw [L]. Deceased/Missing: Tansyfoot, Turtlepelt, Morning, Longwhisker, Ryestep, Poolmist, Nettletail, Halfmoon, Freckleface, Lionfur, Shimmerheart, Breezewhisker, Honeydrop, Ashstar, Snowpaw, Brushgaze (NPC), Shellwater, Snowblossom, Quailfeather, Gingerstripe, Carat, Redwing, Graybriar, Pricklebush, Appledapple, Flutterpetal, Felix.
Clan/Rank : [P]: RiverClan Leader. [B]: SkyClan T3 Warrior. [D]: RiverClan T3 Warrior. [H]: ShadowClan Apprentice. [L]: WindClan Apprentice.
Cancer Snake

PostSubject: Re: The joys of apprenticeship   The joys of apprenticeship EmptySat Jun 20, 2015 7:58 pm

OOC: Man, I haven't RP'ed this character in a while. I've had no reason to.

IC: "These cats must have once been strong. Remember Shadowstar, the first leader of ShadowClan? And their first medicine cat, Pebbleheart? ShadowClan must have been something to be feared. The problem is..." Pain flashed in Shimmerkit's eyes. She shook it off, not wanting to seem weak. "The problem is they see no reason to be strong anymore. Our Clan is no longer strong because we no longer have any purpose. That is why they are so lax with training the new generation." At least, I hope, Shimmerkit thought to herself. That would give Ebonyleaf an excuse for refusing to train me, even though her last apprentice died.

⸙ Apprentice ⸙ ~ ☆ Tier 5 Leader ☆ ~ ♡ Apprentice ♡ ~ ◈ Tier 3 Warrior ◈ ~ ○ Tier 3 Warrior ○

Back to top Go down
Caitywolfy

Caitywolfy

Characters : [A]dderkit | [R]ipplekit | [L]eafkit
Clan/Rank : ThunderClan/Kit | RiverClan/Kit | ShadowClan/Kit
Pisces Dragon
Number of posts : 392

PostSubject: Re: The joys of apprenticeship   The joys of apprenticeship EmptySat Jun 20, 2015 8:13 pm

Cinderkit padded out of the nursery, hearing the cats' conversation. The she-cat felt sad for Leopardpaw, but what could he do? This Clan seems lifeless... Oh StarClan, please let something good happen for ShadowClan! But does ShadowClan really have to be like this? Cinderkit, who was at least 6 moons old, padded to the complaining cats. "Don't talk like that," the she-cat whimpered, "leaving the Clan won't do anything better. And where is your loyalty, Leopardpaw?" Cinderkit mewed in disappointment, looking at the toad the tom was eating. "Maybe we, the new generation of ShadowClan, need to talk to Thrushstar about this?"

OOC: Kinda worried this is a topic to leave the Clan lol

Kit              Kit
ThunderClan RiverClan
Back to top Go down
Sun
Former Staff
Former Staff
Sun

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: The joys of apprenticeship   The joys of apprenticeship EmptySat Jun 20, 2015 8:26 pm

OOC: Ha, I didn't mean for it to turn into that. I just needed something to do with this character that I've never done anything important with.

IC: "So we've lost our purpose. Then we need to find it again... or create a new one." He took this into consideration. This could be a challenge, presented to the new generation of ShadowClan to ultimately make them stronger than everyone else. He turned to look at the she-cat who joined the conversation. And where is your loyalty, Leopardpaw? She was a stranger to him, and yet was issuing challenges. He liked that. That sort of nerve was what the new generation needed. "I don't have anything to say to Thrushstar. What will we do, demand that he mentors us himself?" The spotted apprentice pointed out. There wasn't much hope in him.

Back to top Go down
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Cancer Snake

PostSubject: Re: The joys of apprenticeship   The joys of apprenticeship EmptySat Jun 20, 2015 8:32 pm

OOC: Lol, me too.

"I have no mentor, not yet," Shimmerkit pointed out. It hurt, but the sting was buried. She knew that Ebonyleaf should take her on eventually. "I don't think even Thrushstar could convince Ebonyleaf of anything. Leopardpaw has plenty of loyalty, he's just not sure whether ShadowClan is what he should give it to." The black she-cat sighed. "And frankly, Cinderkit, neither am I."

Back to top Go down
Cat

Cat

Gemini Dragon

PostSubject: Re: The joys of apprenticeship   The joys of apprenticeship EmptySat Jun 20, 2015 8:35 pm

"Yes." Stumppaw agreed. "We can regenerate the clan- save it. But how can I contribute?" He asked flicking his tail at his detached back leg. "I'm useless. How can I make it stronger if I'm not strong myself?" It was finally getting to him. "My legs are... Too small." He shuddered. "I'm useless..."

#9999ff
| #ffcc00

Back to top Go down
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Cancer Snake

PostSubject: Re: The joys of apprenticeship   The joys of apprenticeship EmptySat Jun 20, 2015 8:47 pm

"You're not useless," Shimmerkit sighed, almost enviously. "You're in training to be a full-fledged warrior of ShadowClan. You have your fangs, your claws, and a mentor. And an ability to fight without destroying yourself from the inside. That's more than I have, on all four accounts." She stood up and started walking back to the nursery, her prison. "People know your name. People care about you. But not me. Just yesterday one of the warriors walked by me and said, 'who are you again?' If there's anybody useless, it's me: condemned to be a kit forever, unable to fight anything or even harm a fly. Not even able to be a medicine cat apprentice. And at this rate, it's all I'll ever be." She'd thought she had buried the hurt of being rejected, but it rose out of her again, a torrent of bitterness that nothing could quench.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The joys of apprenticeship   The joys of apprenticeship Empty

Back to top Go down

The joys of apprenticeship
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: ShadowClan Camp-
Jump to: