Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

WC Discussion

Go down 
5 posters

Which series of books are your favorites?
Warriors
WC Discussion  Vote_lcap46%WC Discussion  Vote_rcap
 46% [ 6 ]
The New Prophecy
WC Discussion  Vote_lcap15%WC Discussion  Vote_rcap
 15% [ 2 ]
The Power of Three
WC Discussion  Vote_lcap8%WC Discussion  Vote_rcap
 8% [ 1 ]
Omen of the Stars
 8% [ 1 ]
Dawn of the Clans
WC Discussion  Vote_lcap0%WC Discussion  Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Special Edition
WC Discussion  Vote_lcap15%WC Discussion  Vote_rcap
 15% [ 2 ]
Manga
 8% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 13

AuthorMessage
Coal

Coal

Leo Goat
Number of posts : 1823

WC Discussion  Empty
PostSubject: WC Discussion    WC Discussion  EmptySat 20 Sep 2014 - 11:04

Hi, WCC! Anybody want to talk about books?

Rules ; Suggestions

• Try to be nice about other people's opinions.

• State which parts you like best; other people might like to hear good parts.

• Discuss the good, bad, or funny things about the book. It might be fun to hear the things that you think were facepalm moments.

• And of course, have fun!

My Babies:
Back to top Go down
http://wotf.forumotion.com
iceychu

iceychu

Sagittarius Snake
Number of posts : 828

WC Discussion  Empty
PostSubject: Re: WC Discussion    WC Discussion  EmptySat 20 Sep 2014 - 13:38

IF YOU HAVEN'T READ THE LAST HOPE DO NOT READ ON

I was really upset (obviously) when Firestar dies, but seriously, Ferncloud and Mousefur/pelt/tail I can't remember.

But in the books leading up to Last Hope I hated Crowfeather, Nightsomething and Breezepelt for being horrible to Leafpool and such, such WindClan b***iness. And, who was the hcaracter in ThunderClan who was so up himself-herself? I forgot :\

Who said—“Two vast and trunkless legs of stone
Stand in the desert. Near them, on the sand,
Half sunk a shattered visage lies, whose frown,
And wrinkled lip, and sneer of cold command,
Tell that its sculptor well those passions read
Which yet survive, stamped on these lifeless things,
The hand that mocked them, and the heart that fed;
And on the pedestal, these words appear:
My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings;
Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal Wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away."
-Percy Bysshe Shelley
Back to top Go down
Coal

Coal

Leo Goat

WC Discussion  Empty
PostSubject: Re: WC Discussion    WC Discussion  EmptySat 20 Sep 2014 - 14:30

I agree with you with both the good and the bad things. I was also heartbroken when Hollyleaf died...

I sort of hated Ivypool in that book because she was being all snotty to everyone. Yes, I understand that she was doing a good thing for ThunderClan, but she didn't have to be so rude. I apologize to all of the Ivypool fans. I think the only time I hated her was in The Last Hope.

My Babies:
Back to top Go down
Sleepy

Sleepy

Clan/Rank : RiverClan
Capricorn Tiger
Number of posts : 9738

WC Discussion  Empty
PostSubject: Re: WC Discussion    WC Discussion  EmptySat 20 Sep 2014 - 19:21

I'm of the opinion that the Warriors series as a whole just isn't very good, lul. I really loved the first series when I first read it though, and Bluestar's Prophecy.

As the series went on I found myself disliking more and more characters that I think I was supposed to sympathize which. I hated Ashfur, Hollyleaf, Brambleclaw, Crowfeather, Squirrelflight, Lionblaze, Rock, Dovewing, Ivypool, Dovewing, Dovewing, Dovewing, Dovewing... in general, I just didn't like anyone that much I guess. I stopped reading a couple books into Omen of the Stars or whatever it was called and just never picked it up again.

This messed with me for awhile though.

WC Discussion  I42GrfL
Back to top Go down
http://beata.forumotion.com/
Fish
Former Staff
Former Staff
Fish

Characters : they dead.
Clan/Rank : former RC leader | former site moderator
Capricorn Buffalo
Number of posts : 1202

WC Discussion  Empty
PostSubject: Re: WC Discussion    WC Discussion  EmptySat 20 Sep 2014 - 22:58

Sleepy wrote:
I'm of the opinion that the Warriors series as a whole just isn't very good, lul. I really loved the first series when I first read it though, and Bluestar's Prophecy.

As the series went on I found myself disliking more and more characters that I think I was supposed to sympathize which. I hated Ashfur, Hollyleaf, Brambleclaw, Crowfeather, Squirrelflight, Lionblaze, Rock, Dovewing, Ivypool, Dovewing, Dovewing, Dovewing, Dovewing... in general, I just didn't like anyone that much I guess. I stopped reading a couple books into Omen of the Stars or whatever it was called and just never picked it up again.

This messed with me for awhile though.

^ That.

I loved the first series to death a couple of years ago, and I still think it's the least undesirable, but I'm not much for it anymore, either. The Power of Three and Omen of the Stars were.. Less than savoury, to be mild. The New Prophecy was ehh. I found it boring, even while I still liked the books. The characters aren't too far off from the books themselves.. I liked Firestar until he started letting kittypets/rogues into TC and not forcing them to take proper Clan names. That crossed the line for me. Along with that, I'd also like to point out how breaking the code became the norm. The cats with god-powers, however, went so far beyond the line that I simply gave up some time during the Omen of the Stars books. Invincibility in battle, super-hearing.. I'm surprised there wasn't a cat with an adamantium-coated skeleton next.

Mini-rant over. Resume your normal lives.

WC Discussion  6e4deea343f5a23686845b3e041231bb
Back to top Go down
iceychu

iceychu

Sagittarius Snake

WC Discussion  Empty
PostSubject: Re: WC Discussion    WC Discussion  EmptySun 21 Sep 2014 - 5:13

Sleepy: I disliked Brambleclaw aswell...for some time. Also, in the Last Hope -SPOILERS if you haven't read it- he shouldn't have picked Squirrelflight as the deputy, she was cr*p. <--is that word allowed? But anyway, he should have chosen Dustpelt or Thornsomething or Brackensomething. Like, I understand she was Firestars kin but really? Really? How can he just forgive her for pretending they had kits? Such a messed up family :I

And I disliked most of the characters you mentioned there, but how can you hate Lionblaze? He was cool but I thought it was beginning to get stupid with the powers.

-Percy Bysshe Shelley
Back to top Go down
Sleepy

Sleepy

Capricorn Tiger

WC Discussion  Empty
PostSubject: Re: WC Discussion    WC Discussion  EmptySun 21 Sep 2014 - 6:45

Iceychu wrote:
Sleepy: I disliked Brambleclaw aswell...for some time. Also, in the Last Hope -SPOILERS if you haven't read it- he shouldn't have picked Squirrelflight as the deputy, she was cr*p. <--is that word allowed? But anyway, he should have chosen Dustpelt or Thornsomething or Brackensomething. Like, I understand she was Firestars kin but really? Really? How can he just forgive her for pretending they had kits? Such a messed up family :I

And I disliked most of the characters you mentioned there, but how can you hate Lionblaze? He was cool but I thought it was beginning to get stupid with the powers.

Ehhh, Lionblaze just rubbed me the wrong way. He didn't really have any depth to him as a character and his internal monologue was pretty dry. He was just Firestar 2.0, except without the kittypet background and driving motivations that made Firestar likable. He was probably the best out of the Three, though. Hollyleaf was insufferable and Jayfeather was annoying and whiny imo.

Plus, I think that at one point Lionblaze or someone wonders to themselves if motherf**king Graystripe is training in the Dark Forest, and I just could never forgive him for that. Graystripe's whole development and character revolves around his loyalty toward his friends and his Clan, and it just affronted me for stupid Lionblaze to question it. Graystripe's a boss, stfu.

And I agree that Squirrelflight was a terrible deputy choice.

I mean... Brackenfur and Dustpelt are getting up there in years, but they're not terribly old I don't think. Even then, you've got Thornclaw (who is rash but still competent), Whitewing, Mousewhisker, even stupid Lionblaze. Those people are all way better choices than the token hyperactive flighty ditz, but they're not main characters, so Erin Hunter ignores their existence. ThunderClan's not in very good hands.

WC Discussion  I42GrfL
Back to top Go down
Coal

Coal

Leo Goat

WC Discussion  Empty
PostSubject: Re: WC Discussion    WC Discussion  EmptySun 21 Sep 2014 - 22:07

Sleepy wrote:
I mean... Brackenfur and Dustpelt are getting up there in years, but they're not terribly old I don't think. Even then, you've got Thornclaw (who is rash but still competent), Whitewing, Mousewhisker, even stupid Lionblaze. Those people are all way better choices than the token hyperactive flighty ditz, but they're not main characters, so Erin Hunter ignores their existence. ThunderClan's not in very good hands.

Squirrelflight's awesome, but I agree that Brambleclaw shouldn't have chose her as deputy. I mean, they had relationship problems for a long time, and they'd only just got over them.

My Babies:
Back to top Go down
iceychu

iceychu

Sagittarius Snake

WC Discussion  Empty
PostSubject: Re: WC Discussion    WC Discussion  EmptyMon 22 Sep 2014 - 12:32

Sleepy wrote:

Ehhh, Lionblaze just rubbed me the wrong way. He didn't really have any depth to him as a character and his internal monologue was pretty dry. He was just Firestar 2.0, except without the kittypet background and driving motivations that made Firestar likable. He was probably the best out of the Three, though. Hollyleaf was insufferable and Jayfeather was annoying and whiny imo.

Plus, I think that at one point Lionblaze or someone wonders to themselves if motherf**king Graystripe is training in the Dark Forest, and I just could never forgive him for that. Graystripe's whole development and character revolves around his loyalty toward his friends and his Clan, and it just affronted me for stupid Lionblaze to question it. Graystripe's a boss, stfu.

All Hail Greystripe. *bows down before the almighty God of cats*

Infact, wasn't Greystripe around when Bramblestar chose a deputy? If he was, then Bramblestar is a terrible leader for not choosing him, yes he may be a tiny bit old but if Firestar trusted him, then everyone should! Well, I guess he did fall inlove with a RiverClan cat and then a kittypet (did ThunderClan not have any sexy she-cats then, Greystripe?), so I guess that's a minus. But he was deputy before and everyone has gotta love him.

-Percy Bysshe Shelley
Back to top Go down
Shadow
Former Staff
Former Staff
Shadow

Characters : Bramblekit
Clan/Rank : Windclan kit
Leo Pig
Number of posts : 6644

WC Discussion  Empty
PostSubject: Re: WC Discussion    WC Discussion  EmptyMon 22 Sep 2014 - 21:33

See, I didn't read the books until just before I joined this site, actually cx I thought they were pretty awesome. If nothing else, they were very creative and (from what I've seen) original. I got through the first arc and loved what happened. I really enjoyed the characters with Fireheart/star being my favorite. Graystripe master kitty. Yellowfang and Cinderpelt were my absolute faves followed by Littlecloud and Sandstorm. They were just pretty awesome and everyone had a lot of character. The story line was cool and I really enjoyed it.

Then there was the second arc. Oh my goodness those books annoyed me. I don't know why, but after the third book, the only characters I could stand were Brambleclaw and Feathertail before... yeah. I will admit that after a while, Crowfeather grew on me and he became one of the more likable ones. I never liked Squirrelflight or Leafpool. I honestly can't remember who else was in those books. But Leafpool's incompetent attitude and uncertainty about everything just made her annoying to me. Yeah, sure, character development. I'm glad they could give her a different personality but come on. Then she runs off with Crowfeather for one night and suddenly she's pregnant. Like... wat. And then there's the whole fact that she was just able to waltz right back into Thunderclan like nothing happened. It's like "Yeah, I, the Thunderclan medicine cat, ran off with a Windclan warrior for one night and I didn't like it so I thought I'd come back because I like this better." No. Just no. And Squirrelflight is just a little turd. Cocky, stupid, and that whole "love triangle" wasn't interesting or dramatic. It was dumb.

Then I finally tried to read the third arc. I couldn't get past the first five chapters of the first book. I had to quit. Jaypaw(?) got on my nerves as soon as I met him, Hollypaw was okay at the time and Lionpaw didn't really seem to fit to me. Then the whole powers thing was just too much. The cat-speaking badger was a little overboard but the powers were just aggravating. Suddenly the Starclan that don't have powers to do anything but move clouds in front of the moon and talk to a select number of cats (in dreams nonetheless) can give these almighty powers to three cats all of which happen to be in Thunderclan. Oh boy.

Don't get me started on the super editions. I don't like them. They ruined Yellowfang for me. Bluestar's prophecy was okay. The whole Skyclan thing started off cool but turned to crap.

First arc 4 lyf. That's it.
Back to top Go down
Coal

Coal

Leo Goat

WC Discussion  Empty
PostSubject: Re: WC Discussion    WC Discussion  EmptyTue 23 Sep 2014 - 20:17

Shadow: Ashfur is just messed up. I mean, he's a lot older than her and she's Firestar's granddaughter. Isn't Ashfur related to Sandstorm, making him related to Squirrelflight? That's just sick, being in love to relatives. (I don't mind it with people, but the whole situation with 'the love triangle' drives me nuts.)

My Babies:
Back to top Go down
Sleepy

Sleepy

Capricorn Tiger

WC Discussion  Empty
PostSubject: Re: WC Discussion    WC Discussion  EmptyTue 23 Sep 2014 - 22:43

God, I hate Ashfur more than anybody, and it's mostly because he has this huge fanbase and all these supporters who defend him.

He tried to kill Squirrel and her kids because he was jealous. He tried to burn them to death. He's not a good guy.

"bt IT WAS TROO LUV"

In real life, if you go out and attempt to murder somebody and their entire family for rejecting you, you'd be considered a psychopath. If you do it in a cat book, everybody acts like you're this tragic anti-hero that was just misunderstood. It's beyond stupid that he somehow got a place in StarClan.

WC Discussion  I42GrfL
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

WC Discussion  Empty
PostSubject: Re: WC Discussion    WC Discussion  Empty

Back to top Go down

WC Discussion
Page 1 of 1