Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place during the time before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! The latest announcements are below.
This month's activity is over, please check that your cats are on allegiances and everything is correct ;)
Leaffall has come, but are you ready for it? With longer nights, come darker days...
If it's the full moon and the Gathering hasn't been made yet, please tell a Staff member. Thank you!
There are No Missing Cats on WCC! All Missing Cats are now considered officially dead! Please do not try bring them back, you will incur a ban if you try!

Share | 

Chatbox Challenge

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Spooky
Top Pillow
Top Pillow

Characters : Yarrowpaw
Female
Capricorn Tiger
Number of posts : 9755
Clan/Rank : RiverClan Kit

PostChatbox Challenge

Let's just cut to the chase now. For the last month or so, the chatbox has been a dull place. Conversations, more often than not, crawl by at a snail's pace, and our dear box has suffered a disproportionate amount of sudden fatalities. This physically pains me, especially since this change seems so... unwarranted. I don't even have to refer to the "good ol' days" where the box was a constant barrage of crazy and weird, because the box was decently lively not too long ago. Occasionally we'll get some good discussion in there, but most of the time the box is full of people timing out, logging back on, complaining about how dead the chat is, and then timing it out again. The box is, and has been since the early days of the site, the social center and heart of WCC. It isn't the roleplaying that keeps people here so much as the friends people meet here and the good times they experience.

Back in WCC's Golden Age (or Dark Age, depending on how you look at it), we were known for being weird, but fun. It was a recurring phrase whenever somebody new joined the chat and saw how absolutely nuts we all went in each others company. We built a culture here, we invented "*shot*", we have a plethora of inside jokes and references (or at least used to). There was drama too, sure, but drama can be fun.

I want to recapture that, because you're all making for some poor conversation otherwise, and the chat has been boring me to tears as of late.

So here's my Chatbox Challenge.

THE PROHIBITED PERIOD
"."

That's it. Just a dot. A period. Plain punctuation. It drives me up the wall. A dot does not a conversation make. A dot is filler. It's a low-effort, piss poor substitute for discussion. The dreaded dot has many cousins, including just random emoticons, and I hate them all. The dot is a plague, a parasite, a worthless little leech that infests the forum and drains the life from the chatbox. You're not going to get anywhere with just a dot and the acronym "wb," you're just going to get on everyone's nerves and get the chat killed. Again, and again, and again. Do you hate the chatbox? It dies for you, it's a useful widget that has facilitated friendships and discussions beyond count, and you repay it with dots and misery. The chatbox deserves better. It has had enough abuse at your hands.

This is the biggest part of my challenge. Participation is not mandatory. You can dot at your heart's content if you so desire, if you show no interest in helping this site get back on its feet and liven up again. But if you do care, then you may not fill the chat with ellipses. This, obviously, goes for all the dot's tamer/retarded cousins as well.

Instead, you must say something that contributes to the discussion. A conversation naturally segues from one subject to the next. You say something relevant to the topic at hand and actually, y'know, chat. If there is no actual chatting of substance going on, then start a new subject, for the love of God.

To summarize and conclude, whenever you need to say something, make it count, and maybe the chat won't be so damn boring all the time.

This has been a public service announcement from the Warrior Clan Cats Administration. Big Brother is watching you.

I'm so tired.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://beataacademy.forumotion.com/
Share this post on: Excite BookmarksDiggRedditDel.icio.usGoogleLiveSlashdotNetscapeTechnoratiStumbleUponNewsvineFurlYahooSmarking

Chatbox Challenge :: Comments

Re: Chatbox Challenge
Post on Sat Apr 26, 2014 3:46 am by Christmassky
OK! I'll try
Post on Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:53 am by King Falcon I
Post on Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:20 am by Eboony
Post on Sat Apr 26, 2014 4:13 pm by Spooky
You will both burn in hell.
Post on Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:41 am by Dead

Post on Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:47 am by Christmassky
Lol
Post on Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:55 pm by Jay
Aaah, the Old WCC do-what-someone-tells-you-not-to-because-you-find-it-funny-eroo!
Post on Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:07 pm by Stormi the Gummy
I don't go on the chatbox.
I don't like the human species.
Post on Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:21 pm by Firefly
i try but i'm allergic to tornadoes and asthma

it's a serious thing

if you want to hear about it, just say something and i'll randomly bring it up because my story is tragic and you all need to hear it no one else knows my pain

no one

no one
Post on Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:06 pm by Shadow
...Was that necessary Fire?
Post on Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:17 pm by King Falcon I
You're the best, Fire.
Post on Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:25 pm by Stormi the Gummy
You asked for it Sleepy: