Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Pokémon League (Draft and Trade Based Pokémon forum game.)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Jay

Jay

Taurus Tiger
Number of posts : 9353

Pokémon League (Draft and Trade Based Pokémon forum game.) Empty
PostSubject: Pokémon League (Draft and Trade Based Pokémon forum game.)   Pokémon League (Draft and Trade Based Pokémon forum game.) EmptySun Apr 13, 2014 11:49 pm

Hello everybody. Earlier today I had gotten an idea for a forum game that we could play. It is centered around Pokémon, and has a simple premise that is fairly easy to set up. The rules of the game are as follow:

HOW IT WORKS:

• Each participant picks 28 total Pokémon from a draft. Draft order will be decided randomly.
  • Each Pokémon has special attributes to them: A star rating, a type, and an ability.
  • The star rating determines the value and strength of the Pokémon. High-starred Pokémon are early picks in the draft. They set the basic score of a round. If a Pokémon has no strength over an opponent's Pokémon, they would contribute as much damage as they have stars.
  • The type acts as a multiplier. Hypothetically, let's say your team has a fire type and your opponent has a grass type. This will multiply your Pokémon's star point contribution to the final score by 2x. Pokémon who are dual type and are super effective to a Pokémon with both types yield a 4x multiplier to their contribution. A Pokémon's score does not multiply more if there are more Pokémon of weakness on the team than one.
  • The ability of a Pokémon can make or break a battle. Each Pokémon has one of these, and they are for the most part unique and can generally help you through the battle in their own way
  • A standard game has three rounds. In each round you choose 8 Pokémon from your 28 Pokémon roster. You go head to head, adding up points like I have mentioned above. The person with the most points wins the round, and the person who wins two rounds wins the game.
  • You cannot reuse Pokémon that have been used in a previous round.
  • To keep from unfairness, participants will PM a Gamemaster their 8-Pokémon team before the round. This is so there is no unfair planning against either side. The Gamemaster will be me most of the time, except for when I am playing. Then I'll pick a volunteer.
  • One can trade Pokémon with other people during certain trading topics, set up every once and a while in the Alt RP area. Once the halfway mark of the season hits, though, you cannot do this anymore. Often trades will be set up so that you have to trade two Pokémon for one. Your roster cannot dip under 24 Pokémon, and cannot exceed 30.
  • If your roster gets lower than 28 and there are Pokémon that have been unclaimed, you are allowed to take one so long as it is approved by me or another Gamemaster.
  • Participants have WL ratios that they take with them. There will be playoffs and ultimately a champion for a season.

I know it sounds complex, but it is nothing compared to the PBA battle rules. You guys got that, so this should be a breeze. D8
As you may know, 28 Pokémon a person is a lot. It will take me a bit to formally set up such a list. Because of this, I will refrain from making this list until I have at least 5 participants, including me. Please give it a shot guys, this could be cool. ;u;

To sign up, put a snazzy team name below. Something like Celadon City Thunder, Viridian City Rockets, or Windclan Falcons. Give a location and a name. Thank you!

King Falcon I

King Falcon I

Characters : Shrikestar (T5 Leader), Ravenclaw (T5) || Falconstar, Eaglethorn, Condorclaw
Clan/Rank : WindClan Leader/SkyClan Warrior
Aquarius Goat
Number of posts : 2914

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon League (Draft and Trade Based Pokémon forum game.)   Pokémon League (Draft and Trade Based Pokémon forum game.) EmptyMon Apr 14, 2014 12:24 am

I'm in. Well, since you were so nice as to showcase my name, I guess WindClan Falcons will do, huh?
Back to top Go down
Jay

Jay

Taurus Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon League (Draft and Trade Based Pokémon forum game.)   Pokémon League (Draft and Trade Based Pokémon forum game.) EmptyMon Apr 14, 2014 12:25 am

Your name was brilliant enough for showcasing, mi amor <3

Wolfy

Wolfy

Clan/Rank : Thunderclan(Warrior and apprentice)Windclan(Apprentice)Shadowclan(kit)
Virgo Horse
Number of posts : 271

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon League (Draft and Trade Based Pokémon forum game.)   Pokémon League (Draft and Trade Based Pokémon forum game.) EmptyMon Apr 14, 2014 12:50 am

I thought about and yeah... Thunderclan Lions?Sorry just thought this could be a little more20 % cooler fun.

http://magistream.com/user/Leafchu Pokémon League (Draft and Trade Based Pokémon forum game.) 102353 Pokémon League (Draft and Trade Based Pokémon forum game.) 101202

Jay

Jay

Taurus Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon League (Draft and Trade Based Pokémon forum game.)   Pokémon League (Draft and Trade Based Pokémon forum game.) EmptyTue Apr 22, 2014 5:03 pm

Alright, three members so far. I feel like we can get a little more, but maybe I need to persuade you a little more. Here is a list of the first 16 Pokémon.

POKÉMON

Venusaur - ***
Pokémon League (Draft and Trade Based Pokémon forum game.) Ani003MS
Overgrow - If the team Venusaur is on loses a battle, multiple Venusaur's point contribution by 1.5.

Charizard - ***
Pokémon League (Draft and Trade Based Pokémon forum game.) Ani006MS
Blaze - If the team Charizard is on loses a battle, multiple Charizard's point contribution by 1.5.

Blastoise - ***
Pokémon League (Draft and Trade Based Pokémon forum game.) Ani009MS
Torrent - If the team Blastoise is on loses a battle, multiple Charizard's point contribution by 1.5.

Butterfree - **
Pokémon League (Draft and Trade Based Pokémon forum game.) Ani012MS
Compound Eyes - Allows to hit twice. However, the second attack has no type advantage.

Beedrill - **
Pokémon League (Draft and Trade Based Pokémon forum game.) Ani015MS
Swarm - If this Pokémon's contribution is 3 or less, multiply this by 1.5.

Pidgeot - ***
Pokémon League (Draft and Trade Based Pokémon forum game.) Ani018MS
Keen Eye - Pidgeot ignores any ability perk from the Pokémon it is attacking that would lower the contribution it produces.

Raticate - **
Pokémon League (Draft and Trade Based Pokémon forum game.) Ani020MS
Run Away - Raticate has the option of absolving itself from battle, making its contribution zero but multiplying the contribution of the other seven Pokémon by x1.1.

Fearow - ***
Pokémon League (Draft and Trade Based Pokémon forum game.) Ani022MS
Keen Eye - Fearow ignores any ability perk from the Pokémon it is attacking that would lower the contribution it produces.

Arbok - ***
Pokémon League (Draft and Trade Based Pokémon forum game.) Ani024MS
Intimidate - Arbok scares the Pokémon it is defending against, minimizing their contribution by -2 points.

Raichu - ***
Pokémon League (Draft and Trade Based Pokémon forum game.) Ani026MS
Lightningrod - Electric Pokémon cannot damage Raichu.

Sandslash - **
Pokémon League (Draft and Trade Based Pokémon forum game.) Ani028MS
Sand Veil - Contribution multiplies by x1.5 for every Ground type on the other team.

Nidoqueen - ****
Pokémon League (Draft and Trade Based Pokémon forum game.) Ani031MS
Poison Point - If the Pokémon it is attacking has more stars than 2, Nidoqueen's contribution boosts by x1.5. This does not work against Poison or Steel type Pokémon.

Nidoking - ****
Pokémon League (Draft and Trade Based Pokémon forum game.) Ani034MS
Poison Point - If the Pokémon it is attacking has more stars than 2, Nidoking's contribution boosts by x1.5. This does not work against Poison or Steel type Pokémon.

Clefable - **
Pokémon League (Draft and Trade Based Pokémon forum game.) Ani036MS
Cute Charm - If the Pokémon it is attacking has a type advantage over Clefable, it does x0.8 damage. This does not work on Pokémon that have a 100% change of being female or genderless.

Ninetales - ***
Pokémon League (Draft and Trade Based Pokémon forum game.) Ani038MS
Flash Fire - Fire Pokémon cannot hurt Ninetales.

Wigglytuff - **
Pokémon League (Draft and Trade Based Pokémon forum game.) Ani040MS
If the Pokémon it is attacking has a type advantage over Clefable, it does x0.8 damage. This does not work on Pokémon that have a 100% change of being male or genderless.

I will make a battle tutorial next. In the meantime, please think about joining. I feel it would be neat to at least try. ;u;

Last edited by Jayson on Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://projectaubade.forumotion.com/forum
Splashpool

Splashpool

Clan/Rank : S: Thunderclan/apprentice E: Thunderclan/apprentice Sw: Riverclan/apprentice
Aquarius Snake
Number of posts : 170

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon League (Draft and Trade Based Pokémon forum game.)   Pokémon League (Draft and Trade Based Pokémon forum game.) EmptyTue Apr 22, 2014 5:40 pm

I'd love to enter, as I'm a HUGE pokemon fan. COULD I HAVE AN EEVEE/EEVEELUTION TEAM? I would love you forever if I could! <3 (not in a creepy way... shudder)

Can more than one person have the same pokemon from that list? ^^^ If so (or if not :P ) I'd like Charizard, Raichu, Nidoqueen, and Ninetales? Also, on Wigglytuff, it doesn't state the ability, and it says that "If the opposing pokemon has a type advantage against Clefable...," so you might want to fix that :)

Jay

Taurus Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon League (Draft and Trade Based Pokémon forum game.)   Pokémon League (Draft and Trade Based Pokémon forum game.) EmptyTue Apr 22, 2014 7:30 pm

We are going to have a draft. You can join, but can't pick Pokémon just yet. A draft is where we take turns choosing Pokémon from the list. Also, yeah, only one of each kind of Pokémon is allowed. xD

I will also have a bunch more Pokémon, those are only to show you what they will be like. If you want to join, just make a snazzy team name for yourself e.g. like the people above did.

ALSO BATTLE TUTORIAL:

Pokémon League (Draft and Trade Based Pokémon forum game.) J7C5i26

Splashpool

Splashpool

Clan/Rank : S: Thunderclan/apprentice E: Thunderclan/apprentice Sw: Riverclan/apprentice
Aquarius Snake
Number of posts : 170

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon League (Draft and Trade Based Pokémon forum game.)   Pokémon League (Draft and Trade Based Pokémon forum game.) EmptyTue Apr 22, 2014 7:41 pm

Totally listing everything I come up with!

Anistar City Bananas Pies Stars Psychics Crystals <--DING!

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon League (Draft and Trade Based Pokémon forum game.)   Pokémon League (Draft and Trade Based Pokémon forum game.) Empty

Back to top Go down

Pokémon League (Draft and Trade Based Pokémon forum game.)
Page 1 of 1