Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place during the time before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! The latest announcements are below.
This month's activity is over, please check that your cats are on allegiances and everything is correct ;)
Leafbare is here, the icy winds cut across the five territories. Who will live? Who will die? Who will remain to tell your story?
If it's the full moon and the Gathering hasn't been made yet, please tell a Staff member. Thank you!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Share | 

Death by the Eagle's Thorns

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Echo
I LOVE SLEEPY
I LOVE SLEEPY

Female
Gemini Dragon
Number of posts : 2571

PostSubject: Death by the Eagle's Thorns   Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:52 am

A night of tossing and turning, what a dream it turned out to be within the remaining survivor of SkyClan's deep slumber.

As the darkness fell, the blue she-cat had settled herself within her own nest, resting herself in comfortably, letting out a soft purr as it left her slightly aching pain release itself from the soft bedding, Lavenderheart looked around the den, her blue eyes scanning to see whether or not every warrior was asleep before lowering her head onto her paws, closing her eyes slowly. Her ears lowered, and sleeping comfortably before a vision came to her that night...

... Awakening in a forest camp, the she-cat stared wide-eyed. A forest camp? ThunderClan? No... The scent is different. The scent is all too familiar yet so long ago, so how? How is it that SkyClan's here once again in the forest with the other clans? Padding across the camp, cats within the dream unable to see her, a voice called that announced a clan meeting.

"Let all cats old enough to catch their own prey gather here for a clan meeting!" The voice was soft, naïve, and kind. Why is it so familiar to her? Wait a minute...

Blinking before looking up, Lavenderheart realized she saw herself up as leader, leading the forgotten clan. A clan that was now prospering. A clan that was alive and well, as strong as the other clans. "It is with pleasure today that I announce an apprentice ceremony. Blackkit, Stormkit, and Rosekit, please step forward."

Her dream, watching the three young kits get their ceremony. Watching them become warriors and other kits becoming apprentices, watching her clan prosper. Was this an omen? Was this just a dream or was it destiny? Vision blurring as she desperately pleaded for it to continue...

... Lavenderheart woke up with a startling jolt. Was all that really happening? Looking around, she realized it was a little more until dawn and before the patrols left. It was time to confirm it. Glancing around to make sure no one was to follow her, the former SkyClan warrior quickly snuck out of camp, knowing where her destination was to be - RiverClan. Reedstar had noted that if she ever needed help, he would give it to her. Let this be the test then. Whether or not he was true, she did trust him, but it had to be confirmed. It had to.

"It looks like... It's my destiny to rebuild Skyclan then."

⌈ walking tales advertisement ♡ ⌉
❝ With this... I say goodbye to who I have been... ❞

Allegiances | Rules | Site Basics | Creations | PM me~
Avatar done by my friend Arcelle
Back to top Go down
View user profile
King Falcon I
Grand Overlord of the Moors

Male
Aquarius Goat
Number of posts : 2302
Clan/Rank : F: Windclan Leader E: Windclan Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Death by the Eagle's Thorns   Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:13 am

When Eaglethorn woke, he figured it must've been dawn, but the sun had not yet risen as his eyes slowly blinked open, yet someone else was a bit of an early riser. Through slitted eyes he recognized the body of Lavenderheart sneaking out from the warriors den, muttering something he could not hear. That was certainly odd behavior for any cat, but the proud warrior had grown suspicious of the former SkyClan cat ever since they had taken all of SkyClan's territory. Standing silently, he skulked out of the den and made to follow her.

He continued to follow her out of camp and across the moors, letting the pre-dawn light guide his paws and making sure to keep himself at a distance to avoid being caught. Soon enough though, he realized that she was leading them towards RiverClan. What could she possibly want with a rival clan so early in the morning? Quickening his pace, he padded right behind her and mewed calmly, "What are you doing out so early, Lavenderheart?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Echo
I LOVE SLEEPY
I LOVE SLEEPY

Female
Gemini Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Death by the Eagle's Thorns   Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:47 pm

Turning around in surprise, fur bristling as she narrowed her eyes towards the cat who had followed her out. Eaglethorn? Facing him calmly, lying her fur flat, the former SkyClan warrior replied, "Simply taking a walk to ShadowSky territory. Why might you ask?" It wasn't such a huge lie at all, it was true in a way. To get to ShadowSky, she had to cross to RiverClan, and getting to the territory was all she needed to do. Forcing herself to keep calm, Lavenderheart continued on, hoping her voice wasn't shaking as she continued to state a fib, "I was thinking of catching some early prey to feed the kits. After all, the freshkill pile needs to be restocked." Oh, she was such a bad liar, but her logic wasn't unrealistic. She was making sense, but whether or not the younger warrior bought the false statements was a question.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
King Falcon I

Male
Aquarius Goat

PostSubject: Re: Death by the Eagle's Thorns   Sat Apr 05, 2014 3:28 am

Eaglethorn frowned at the older warrior, sensing non-truths hidden beneath her words. Why would she come out before the dawn patrols to hunt for prey in the ShadowSky territory? Something was amiss. "Of course, but so early, and so far away? Why not wait until the dawn patrol has taken off?" Mistrust was evident in his gaze as it raked over her, having not forgotten those long-ago terms that RiverClan had tried to force WindClan to abide by after they had successfully gotten SkyClan's territory completely. The leader had said something to Lavenderheart, but what it was he did not know, and Falconstar had not deigned to tell him, if indeed he knew at all. The young warrior had guessed it involved SkyClan somehow, however, and so his eyes remained unrelenting upon Lavenderheart. "I'll ask again: what are you doing out here so early?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Echo
I LOVE SLEEPY
I LOVE SLEEPY

Female
Gemini Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Death by the Eagle's Thorns   Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:49 pm

Stepping back at the younger warrior's gaze, how they knew she was up to something, the senior turned her head slightly, avoiding his eyes as she spoke once again, giving the same answer, "I'm simply hunting for the kits. I'd rather hunt alone before dawn at the moment as well as check the scents around the ShadowSky territory to make sure there haven't been any recent intruders." Lavenderheart had logic behind her, but at this point, and the fact that Eaglethorn had questioned her twice on the same inquire, he knew she was lying and playing a false act. Turning back to face him, the blue she-cat narrowed her eyes and knew that if he knew, he would stop her. Yet, would he go so far as to harm a clanmate? Even if something was amiss? "I could ask you the same thing in fact - what are you doing here so early in the morning?"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
King Falcon I

Male
Aquarius Goat

PostSubject: Re: Death by the Eagle's Thorns   Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:07 pm

Eaglethorn stepped closer, keeping Lavenderheart in his sight. "I woke up and saw you leaving before the dawn patrol. Seems rather suspicious to me." He snarled lowly, sheathing and unsheathing his claws into the springy grass below. "If you're so insistent on hunting as you claim, perhaps I should come with you? I'm sure that wouldn't be a problem." Almost sneering at the former SkyClan cat, he figured that he being there would ruin whatever she was planning to do. Whatever she was going to do, he didn't think it was good for the clan.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Echo
I LOVE SLEEPY
I LOVE SLEEPY

Female
Gemini Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Death by the Eagle's Thorns   Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:36 pm

Lavenderheart, keeping her ground, her claws unsheathe as they burrowed into the grassy field beneath them. How dare he question her loyalty to WindClan. Without them, she wouldn't have survived. And while there was the dream, it had to be confirmed. She had never insisted on doing it unless it was an omen and not just a normal vision. Her tail lashing in anger at her leader's son, the younger warrior, the she-cat hissed, "Fine! Come with me then." Glancing slightly at Eaglethorn before slightly moving them back to the RiverClan territory, the warrior started walking slowly, gradually accelerating before breaking off into a sprint, a rush of pebbles behind her as she fled into RiverClan territory. "Just make it there... Reedstar would understand and know why... Just get there!" the blue she-cat whispered to herself, trying to keep her motivation running as her soft pads hit the rough terrain of rock. They might as well crack and break her now, but, what was she to know?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
King Falcon I

Male
Aquarius Goat

PostSubject: Re: Death by the Eagle's Thorns   Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:28 am

Eaglethorn noticed Lavenderheart making a break for it just as she started to accelerate towards RiverClan territory, which she had been leading them to the whole time. If she had nothing but pure intentions here, this was quite a suspicious turn of events. The young warrior rushed after the senior warrior, feeling a sense of thrill run inside of him, as he if he was chasing a particularly deceitful piece of prey. She had just gotten into RiverClan territory when he caught up with her, leaping forward and pinning her to the ground as pebbles scattered around them. They were now in enemy territory, and even a truce wasn't going to keep RiverClan from being angry should they be caught now.

"What do you think you're doing?" he hissed angrily in her ear, making sure his weight kept her from moving out from under him. "You're trespassing on RiverClan territory. Why? You're trying to conspire with Reedstar, aren't you, you scheming SkyClan scum?" Anger coursed through him, and his claws slightly sank into the other warrior's fur. He needed to get her back onto WindClan territory, but if she was indeed trying to get to Reedstar… Then more drastic action would have to be taken.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Echo
I LOVE SLEEPY
I LOVE SLEEPY

Female
Gemini Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Death by the Eagle's Thorns   Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:53 am

Making a quick pause at the border of RiverClan territory, quite aware of the fact that Eaglethorn had managed to catch up to her speed. Too bad WindClan had the same strong power in their legs that could easily match up with SkyClan's. Whether this was thrilling or not, it had been a slight awareness to her if she was caught on the rivalling clan's land. As she prepared to take another sprint, a figure had leapt forward, the heavy weight pushing her down more than needed, and the rough rocky terrain piercing through her flesh, now facing face-to-face with Eaglethorn. His angry voice made it quite frankly that she had made the wrong move, but of course, Lavenderheart had figured this might've happened somehow. If she wasn't prepared to be caught, then she would've been dead long by now.

Realizing how wary the younger warrior was about keeping her down and how he seemed to know of something that could be figured as distrust, the blue she-cat replied, "Simply, you should realize that we need to get to Sunningrocks to get to ShadowSky, correct? Why else would I go this way?" She stayed calm, but the sheer anger and agitation she felt burning from Eaglethorn had gone too far. Perhaps it was simply a dream, yet, at least now... If she was to die here, she'd leave without a regret. Feeling the sharp thrust of the other warrior's claws slowly sinking in, Lavenderheart mewed, "I thought you were not to attack your seniors, Eaglethorn. It appears you have a lack of respect if you think you could so easily defeat me."

There was no way she was supposed to go down without a fight. She couldn't just give up so easily. The more experienced warrior had an advantage in this, and if possible, could escape the brink of death. Yet, Eaglethorn was also a formidable opponent. "Insult my blood if you will, but I've been loyal to WindClan through and through!" Her voice called out, irritation evident, spatting at the cat who kept her down before relaxing her own body in an attempt to be limp. At the moment, she had made the chance of catching Eaglethorn off guard, unsheathing her claws as she raked across the soft flesh of his belly and quickly and heavily pushed herself up as she shifted the weight of them.

"Never should you have underestimated me, Eaglethorn. Try to kill me here - I won't try to stop you, but I will not go down without a fight."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
King Falcon I

Male
Aquarius Goat

PostSubject: Re: Death by the Eagle's Thorns   Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:08 pm

Yowling in pain, Eaglethorn hissed angrily as the former SkyClan cat wormed out from underneath him and turned to face him. Instead of attacking, which his claws were itching to do, he adopted a voice of forced calm, though threats were laced within his words. "Lavenderheart, if you merely wanted to get to ShadowSky, you wouldn't have any need to run away from me. You obviously are hiding something, and I don't intend to let you leave without hearing it. Why don't we go back to camp, though? No harm will befall you if we simply just leave and return to our nests. You wouldn't want to hurt WindClan, would you? The clan that took you in and raised you like one of their own." He wouldn't have to hurt her if she merely came back quietly. If she didn't, though… Well, he couldn't let her do something to put WindClan's power in jeopardy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Echo
I LOVE SLEEPY
I LOVE SLEEPY

Female
Gemini Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Death by the Eagle's Thorns   Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:16 pm

Sheathing her claws back in, still keeping herself alert to any idea that Eaglethorn might try on her, Lavenderheart simply narrowed her eyes, replying, "As simply as you think you can put it, needless to say, I'd rather find something out first rather than submit to you at the moment. If you'll excuse me, I'll be taking my leave. When I can, I'll be back with a few hares and birds for the clan." The blue she-cat then, simply ignoring the younger warrior at this point, continued on her way, knowing she'll most likely be stopped. With a sly smile, the SkyClan warrior added on, "I would never do anything to the clan who cared for me. Don't think my loyalties are so divided, Eaglethorn." With a quick glance back towards the tom and then back towards her destination, she let out a sigh, knowing very well what was most likely to happen next. "Kill me if you like - if StarClan wills what I saw, I won't be murdered by your claws. You'll be doing me a favor by giving me my answer more easily..."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
King Falcon I

Male
Aquarius Goat

PostSubject: Re: Death by the Eagle's Thorns   Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:13 am

He let her walk, oh-so-slowly it seemed, as she spoke, but as soon as her words were finished, he knew that she could not be allowed to leave here alive. In his mind he saw the damage she would bring if she was allowed to talk to Reedstar. Images flashed of a revitalized SkyClan, WindClan's territory slipping away. The last thing he had wanted to do today was kill a clan member, but there was really no other option. From the moment she had slipped out from her nest, she had become a traitor to the clan, and it was his duty to save WindClan from what she was about to do.

Crossing the distance in easy strides, he grabbed her neck in his powerful jaws and yanked her backwards, towards where they had come from, mumbling from her neck fur, "I didn't want to kill you, but you've left me no choice. WindClan is all that matters." And with that, he administered the killing bite, leaving barely a thought upon Lavenderheart's lips as her body fell limply to the ground. It was never his intention to kill her… but his gaze hardened as he looked upon her still-warm carcass. Everything he did, he did for the clan.

OoC: You can post one more time, then I'll finish it up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Echo
I LOVE SLEEPY
I LOVE SLEEPY

Female
Gemini Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Death by the Eagle's Thorns   Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:11 pm

OOC: 'kay~

IC: It was only a matter of time before the younger warrior snapped from her delays and little attempts to shadow over her intentions. Eaglethorn surely was a loyal warrior if he cared so deeply for WindClan. Yet, the only thing that made her think was the different kinds of terrors he may cause. He was obviously going to find a way to hide this murder on her. Before Lavenderheart could continue moving, she felt the forceful yank on her neck with fangs sinking in quickly as soon as he finished speaking. "You'll be found out..." was the last words she simply muttered as she fell to the ground, limp and unable to move as her eyes glazed over. Even if she never reached Reedstar and spoke to him, at least she finally received her answer - the vision was not meant to be.

At least now, Lavenderheart would be able to join the rest of SkyClan in the stars with her other kits and mate. Eaglethorn had done her a favor in her mind, and with that, she finally breathed her last breath that came out as a small whisp and had her life seeped away into StarClan with no actual regrets except that she was unable to say goodbye to her remaining kits.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
King Falcon I

Male
Aquarius Goat

PostSubject: Re: Death by the Eagle's Thorns   Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:23 pm

No, no one would find out. Not his father, not his clan, not Reedstar nor his clan. As far as anyone would be concerned, Lavenderheart had disappeared from the Earth. After glancing around and finding no others around, he quickly dragged her body back onto WindClan territory, where it wasn't a long walk towards the Gorge, though it was made more arduous with her body weighing him down. With the knowledge that at any moment someone might come along and discover him, his best alibi would work better without the body. With a hefty heave, the formerly proud SkyClan cat fell far, far below, only a splash registering that she was still there, and then her body disappeared beneath the waves of the falls, hopefully never to be found again. That took care of one problem.

Padding away from the Gorge, he moved farther down until he had reached the river, where the water was much calmer than the churning rapids. Once there, he grasped onto the edge and lowered his lower half into the water, until he was soaked with water. He proceeded to walk back along the path from where Lavenderheart had attempted to escape him, taking great care on the RiverClan side to let the water cascade upon the ground until it masked Lavenderheart's scent, leaving the territory quickly and heading towards the Thunderpath to let himself dry off and breathe a little. The water would dampen the ground and eliminate Lavenderheart's giveaway scent, so hopefully no one would be able to figure out where she had gone. His scent would be of less consequence: WindClan cats tended to walk that way to go to the former SkyClan territory, so it wouldn't be as noticeable. Once he was nice and dry, he scoured the territory, caught a couple rabbits, and headed back to camp. They would know that Lavenderheart was gone, but they never needed to know that she had been eliminated for the good of the clan.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Death by the Eagle's Thorns   

Back to top Go down

Death by the Eagle's Thorns
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: WindClan Territory-
Jump to: