Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

A Compromise

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Jay

Jay

Taurus Tiger
Number of posts : 9353

A Compromise - Page 2 Empty
PostA Compromise

Lately, there has been a lot of clashing involving traditionalism and the extents to which it branches on this site. There have been issues regarding it, so Sleepy and I talked about some sort of compromise. No, we are not trashing non-traditionalism. Rather, we are going to draw a line as to how far one can go in creating a cat on this website.

As of now, a cat is unable to be named anything that a wild cat could not interact with.

Names involving stuff like blades, minerals, and yes, dragons, are not allowed in creations. Mods, make sure to enforce this, please.

Things in nature, such as trees and birds, are still allowed. You can sleep easily, Winchatkits of the world.

Now, I know cats are already created with names like this. I ask that these cats be able to keep their names, but at the risk of your cat's reputation. If your cat is a kit, we will allow you to change the name.

Thank you, and we are sorry for any inconvenience. If you want to make a cat and you are unsure if its name is allowed or not, please PM me or Sleepy. We'll let you know as soon as we can.

~Jay

Share this post on: reddit

A Compromise :: Comments

Dawnfire
Re: A Compromise
Post Mon 27 Jan 2014 - 12:46 by Dawnfire
i totally think you should bring back the parent sign up. not only is it odd having so many rouges and kittypets in the clans (when all the clans in the books except thunderclan hate it) is so many kits without parents. i mean really. they need parents.
Sun
Post Mon 27 Jan 2014 - 13:04 by Sun
You know, I was just thinking of that the other day. The return of the Parent Sign-Up sounds cool, yo.
Echo
Post Mon 27 Jan 2014 - 13:27 by Echo
Dawnfire wrote:
i totally think you should bring back  the parent sign up. not only is it odd having so many rouges and kittypets in the clans (when all the clans in the books except thunderclan hate it) is so many kits without parents. i mean really. they need parents.

Just to correct you here on the whole kittypet part. The only clan cats that have kittypet blood in them would be Ashpaw and Luna/Lunarkit. But, I'll admit, that I really wanted to say that it was ridiculous by how many rogues had appeared all of a sudden. Think about it - they don't occur in the books very often, so why should it happen so much here? Besides, I don't think a bunch of NPC cats would go and disobey the code all of a sudden. ThunderClan isn't the only one - ShadowClan did with Boulder and Russetfur (who was called Red) and the beginning of the clans in Thunder Rising and The Sun Trail showed that the clans took in rogues who lived with them in the territory. The kits have parents, but, they're NPCs, or non-player characters, which meant they existed, except nobody was allowed to RP them unless with explicit permission from staff, if I recall. Just to clarify to you.

However, bringing back Parent Sign-up would be interesting. I'll have to say that, to be honest, that'd be nice. The only problem is whether or not the cats will continue to be clan-borne or adopted by that parent. That's what worries me the most because even then, some people will continue making rogue clan cats. There aren't many in the books at all. At least put a cap on how many rogues/kittypets/half-bloods are accepted into the clans every month or something. Try to restrict it a bit. This dramatic increase is just really bothersome.
Sun
Post Mon 27 Jan 2014 - 13:38 by Sun
You'll have to keep in mind, Echo, that each leader has their own personality and makes their own choices. If one demands loyalty while the other shows compassion, who's to stop them from making their own decision?
Echo
Post Mon 27 Jan 2014 - 13:42 by Echo
I know that, I was just simply stating my opinion on this situation. Personally, I do admit that every leader is different, but the consecutive occurrences of many rogue cats coming into the clans are quite... Out of the whole idea? I'm not sure how to explain it without having the need to show you my brain, but, it's just this sudden upbringing of half-clans/rogues/kittypets (not so much kittypet, but you know...) is just a little out of hand. Honestly, there needs to be some sort of restriction or limit because soon enough, there won't be any full clan-cats in the slightest - just a bunch of mixes.
Stormi the Gummy
Post Mon 27 Jan 2014 - 16:05 by Stormi the Gummy
And this is why I am so happy not to be part of the argument(s) this time XD

But bringing back the Parent Finder was a swell idea. I can't remember why you guys got rid of it ;w;
Twilight
Post Mon 27 Jan 2014 - 18:44 by Twilight
Sleepy wrote:
Fly wrote:
Snugglythrust Falcon wrote:
These are sacred names, though. It's just strange to have, like Thunderkit of ShadowClan or something.
I actually agree on this one. It's the whole reason why I changed my second character's name to Heavykit instead of Thunderkit. xD
I think Thunder, Wind, Shadow, or River shouldn't be used as a prefix in a characters name. A suffix, maybe. But only it legitimately makes sense. Nothing like Yellowthunder, Blackshadow, etc etc.

Because Heavy- makes more sense than Thunder-? The idea of the Clan names being too sacred to use is a traditionalist idea. There's nothing official on that, and so I won't block it.

Phoenix wrote:
I'm usually used to Warrior Cat forums where I can actually use any suffix or prefix I want ... but apparently this site's not gonna allow it. Well ... that ruined all my hopes of having another unique name .__.

Oh well

The site is still non-traditional. There are still literally hundreds upon hundreds of prefixes and suffixes you could use that aren't Knife- or -quartz or something. It's an overreaction to act like you're super restricted now, I think.

You can have unique and creative names without making a name that makes no sense in the Warriors universe. We're just trying to keep out the extremely silly names. They make the site worse.

I will agree to block minerals and human stuff to keep people happy, but how do they make the site worse?

The Warriors universe inherently makes no sense. None of it. Traditionalism does not exist in the actual canon Warriors universe. Have you forgotten Runningwind? Or Windflight? How about Mistmouse, or Primrosepaw, or Doespring?

Do not act like it is farfetched to think that one of the Erins would make a ridiculous non-traditional name, because 70% of all characters in the Warriors series are ridiculous and non-traditional. Traditionalism has no canon backing. It is a fanmade naming system created for literate serious roleplays... i.e. not WCC, which is catered to a much younger and less skilled and experienced audience.

Stop your b*tching and leave people alone. I will not accept anymore inching back to traditionalism because some disgruntled teenagers are upset that a fifth grader called their first cat in a roleplay ever Shadowkit, and this goes against their naming system that somebody who was not the author made up. You can rest assured on that.

Jayson wrote:
The word 'unique' rubs me the wrong way. I dislike this argument. Why do you need some abstract, nonsensical name? Your cat ends up looking silly, and you end up looking silly. You don't have to be special. Take the unique points that are going to your character's name and put them to your character themselves.

This sounds suspiciously like a traditionalist argument.

Maybe because somebody wants a name that nobody else has? You can go ahead and copy-paste what ailuronymy has to say on that, sure. That it isn't that much hard work to think up a "special" character name and that the real creative people are the ones who can make something cool with restrictions. Yeah, I agree with that, but it isn't for everyone.

Some people want to have a "unique" name. Let them. They're not affecting you. Lyricism is not a disease that will spread via roleplay. You are perfectly in your right to make a code-abiding and sensibly named full-blooded Clan cat with unwavering loyalty, just as somebody else is perfectly in their right to make a wanton half-Clan murderer with a silly name if they choose.

You'll notice the theme in all of these arguments is "but I don't like their name, it makes the site bad because it doesn't make sense!" You'll notice my responses tend to go along the lines of "why the hell do you care you uptight elitist bastards?" So, to sum up...

Why the hell do you care, you uptight elitist bastards? I can accept not allowing somebody being named after something a wild cat would have no understanding of. Fine, I can deal with that if it matters that much to you. But I fear that people want to keep pushing in a further stricter direction, the same strict direction that brought this site to its knees in terms of activity and roleplaying (WHICH IS A FACT), just because they don't like certain people's names.

Let us look at Forum Statistics. WCC officially became non-traditional and less strict in general on December 7th. How might that have affected the site?

A Compromise - Page 2 HktSQDB
A Compromise - Page 2 Cqpt
A Compromise - Page 2 QKru9A5

And January isn't even done.

You can call that coincidence, but I wholeheartedly believe that a free approach on these matters is what will return WCC to its former glory, except better structured and with that boundary that will keep out the Metalshards.

WCC, until now, was struggling along. Not dead or in any real danger of crashing, but it was stagnating. People got on chat and talked all the time, sure, but nobody roleplayed. We all complained about nobody roleplaying. We complained of all the Clans being small. We complained of things being boring and nothing happening.

And now the site is steadily getting more active in terms of members and roleplay and people want to re-instate that previous stagnating system because of the sake of a few names? Piss off, mate. I won't budge any further than this. WCC is my baby. I won't see it suffer because of a few pricks that can't deal with a Moonshadow or two even if it means they've got more warriors than they could have ever hoped for before. Don't you want to see your Clan reach numbers like they do in the books, or even past that? Don't you want to have big battles? Don't you want tons of different people and characters to roleplay with?

One last thing. For Christ's sake, everyone stop picking on Dragonblade. They are not even named Dragonblade anymore. They changed it, so leave them alone. It would not have been approved under normal circumstances and was only done so because of confusion on where the boundary of "ridiculous" lied. You're like a pack of harpies.

Yes. I completely agree with Sleepy.

Stormion GT wrote:

But bringing back the Parent Finder was a swell idea. I can't remember why you guys got rid of it ;w;

Yup. I remember when I first joined I was confused when I discovered that Parent Finder was removed. Parent Finder was a great idea.
Sleepy
Post Tue 28 Jan 2014 - 14:52 by Sleepy
Nympheon (Echo) wrote:
I know that, I was just simply stating my opinion on this situation. Personally, I do admit that every leader is different, but the consecutive occurrences of many rogue cats coming into the clans are quite... Out of the whole idea? I'm not sure how to explain it without having the need to show you my brain, but, it's just this sudden upbringing of half-clans/rogues/kittypets (not so much kittypet, but you know...) is just a little out of hand. Honestly, there needs to be some sort of restriction or limit because soon enough, there won't be any full clan-cats in the slightest - just a bunch of mixes.

There doesn't need to be a restriction. A character will do what a character will do, and we should not be able to tell that character's roleplayer that they can't do what is in their character's personality.

Yeah, there are too many forbidden relationships, but it is either that or arbitrarily restricting for the sake of restricting.

Stormion GT wrote:

You know, I can't remember either. I'm sure there was a good reason for it at the time, but... eh.

Also, here is a thing from the Staff Lounge. I thought the rest of the site ought to know about it for future reference.

A Compromise - Page 2 0pww
King Falcon I
Post Tue 28 Jan 2014 - 17:07 by King Falcon I
So no other animals? No birds, foxes, badgers, fish, etc.?

So ends the beautiful tale of Billystorm.
Sleepy
Post Tue 28 Jan 2014 - 18:03 by Sleepy
So no other animals? No birds, foxes, badgers, fish, etc.?

...What?
King Falcon I
Post Tue 28 Jan 2014 - 18:18 by King Falcon I
It says -not a cat.
Sleepy
Post Tue 28 Jan 2014 - 18:29 by Sleepy
It says -not a cat.

That's for appearances.

As in your character can't be a dog.
King Falcon I
Post Tue 28 Jan 2014 - 19:23 by King Falcon I
Well now this is just a dictatorship, isn't it?

lololjkjkluvubby
Post  by Sponsored content

A Compromise

Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Announcements :: Announcements-
Jump to: