Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Stormpaw's Assessment

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Sleepy

Sleepy

Clan/Rank : RiverClan
Capricorn Tiger
Number of posts : 9738

Stormpaw's Assessment Empty
PostSubject: Stormpaw's Assessment   Stormpaw's Assessment EmptyFri 22 Nov 2013 - 20:05

OOC: Sorry for the wait! Feel free to skip out on all the dice and stuff if you want.

IC: Reedstar led Stormpaw through the tall grass, sending occasional nervous glances towards the overcast sky. He wanted to take the apprentice as far into the heart of RiverClan territory as he could. It would be a good measure of their tracking skills as well, being so far from camp and with the possible threat of rain. "I'll be assessing you today, but you probably knew that." he mewed. "You have to catch three pieces of prey as fast as you can, but also do it cleanly. I'll be watching to test how you do." The leader suddenly halted, his eyes passing over a small prey trail that cut through the grass. The smell of vole was somewhat stale, but the presence of the trail at all had to mean that there were other creatures around, waiting to be caught. "Is that clear?"

Stormpaw's Assessment I42GrfL
Back to top Go down
http://beata.forumotion.com/
Rose

Rose

Clan/Rank : [Sp]TC Leader [St]RC Elder [N] TC Medicine Cat [O] TC Apprentice [E] TC Apprentice
Taurus Cat
Number of posts : 1838

PostSubject: Re: Stormpaw's Assessment   Stormpaw's Assessment EmptySat 23 Nov 2013 - 16:35

Stormpaw glanced around, and nodded to Reedstar. "Yes, Reedstar." he padded away, deciding to go into his element first. He lightly stepped to the river, crouching by the side. He looked to his shadow and made sure it didn't cast against the water. He saw many fish flick in the range of his paw. He waited, quickly noticing a larger shadow slowly creep under the water. He jabbed his paw down and pulled the larger fish out of the water, he swiftly killed it. He buried his freshkill under a tree.

He felt the eyes of his assessor on his back. But no need to worry about it, just hunt and keep his mind straight. He noted where he buried his prey and padded over to their claimed land, Sunningrocks. Stormpaw slid into the shadows, catching the scent of vole. He spotted the prey nibbling a nut among the rocks. He checked the wind. 'Can't smell me.' he crouched, bunching his muscles and pouncing. He landed on the vole, quickly killing it with a bite to the neck. Stormpaw looked up to see a thrush flap away. 'Oops, didn't notice that one.' he scolded himself. He should have known it was there. He probably scared all the prey away from here.

He picked up his fresh kill and padded back to where he buried his fish. He buried the vole right with it and continued on his way. 'Got two, missed one.' Stormpaw continued, constantly checking the air for any scents of prey. Finally catching a whiff of another thrush. This time, he carefully picked his way through to the bird. He saw it on the ground, picking at seeds. He stalked his way behind it, bunched his back legs and leaped, accidentally slipping his paws the wetter ground beneath him. He landed just short of the bird, startling it slightly. It lifted its wings to fly away, until the landed on its back and swiftly broke its neck. He padded back to where he buried his other prey and dug them up carefully. He wondered how he did in the eyes of the leader.

OOC: I took forever also. Its okay XD

Sleepy

Clan/Rank : RiverClan
Capricorn Tiger
Number of posts : 9738

PostSubject: Re: Stormpaw's Assessment   Stormpaw's Assessment EmptyTue 26 Nov 2013 - 20:41

Reedstar waited a moment before following, padding as quietly as he could through the tall grass. The roar of coursing water grew louder with each step, and it wasn't long before the river was before them. He paused among a cluster of reeds and watched Stormpaw with earnest, his big murky green eyes analyzing everything. The position was good, as was the technique. Satisfaction flickered in his eyes as the apprentice pulled a particularly large fish out of the river. Well done.

He stayed in his hiding spot as he watched the apprentice headed over to Sunningrocks. The tom watched as Stormpaw pounced on some tiny shape, only to see the bird flutter away too late. Oh well. Escaped prey was wasted prey, but Reedstar would prefer a mouse or vole to a bird any day.

The leader followed quietly as Stormpaw moved on, trying to stay as far back as possible without letting the apprentice out of his sight. With quiet pawsteps, Reedstar slunk through the grass, careful not to disturb any prey that might be in the area. He stopped as Stormpaw did, watching as the apprentice pounce. With a sniff, Reedstar's senses were hit by the scent of blood. A successful catch. That made three.

Reedstar remained quiet a little longer before revealing himself with a purr as Stormpaw dug his prey up. "You did well, Stormpaw. Let's head back to camp. I can help you carry the freshkill, if you want."

Stormpaw's Assessment I42GrfL
Back to top Go down
http://beata.forumotion.com/
Rose

Rose

Clan/Rank : [Sp]TC Leader [St]RC Elder [N] TC Medicine Cat [O] TC Apprentice [E] TC Apprentice
Taurus Cat
Number of posts : 1838

PostSubject: Re: Stormpaw's Assessment   Stormpaw's Assessment EmptyWed 27 Nov 2013 - 11:42

"Thank you Reedstar." He took the vole and thrush, leaving the big fish to the larger cat. He might be almost a warrior, but carrying all the prey would be a lot for him. Stormpaw carefully started to pad back to camp, careful to not let him prey drag on the ground. Dirty prey wouldn't taste the best.

PostSubject: Re: Stormpaw's Assessment   Stormpaw's Assessment Empty

Back to top Go down

Stormpaw's Assessment
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: RiverClan Territory-
Jump to: