Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Dissolve SkyClan?

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Should we get rid of SkyClan?
Yes
Dissolve SkyClan? - Page 4 Vote_lcap49%Dissolve SkyClan? - Page 4 Vote_rcap
 49% [ 19 ]
No
Dissolve SkyClan? - Page 4 Vote_lcap51%Dissolve SkyClan? - Page 4 Vote_rcap
 51% [ 20 ]
Total Votes : 39

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Sleepy

Sleepy

Clan/Rank : RiverClan
Capricorn Tiger
Number of posts : 9738

Dissolve SkyClan? - Page 4 Empty
PostDissolve SkyClan?

PROS
There are four seasons, four trees, and I think like initially intended, four Clans. All four Clans surround and center around Fourtrees, which they all have direct access to. Along with that, they're separated by big and easy to see cuts in the landscape. Not only that, but those cuts in the landscape are dangerous to cross and almost isolate the Clans from each other. You can't really stumble into a Clan territory on accident. SkyClan on the other hand, does not follow any of these criteria. They have to cross ThunderClan territory to get to Fourtrees, their territory is similar to ThunderClan's, and they don't appear to be separated from them by anything. All the other Clans have developed different ideals and techniques in their semi-isolation while SkyClan's skills seems to be ones that ThunderClan already possesses.

From a site standpoint, we have to face the fact that some Clans aren't going to be as popular as others. And despite accumulating 1580 members in our four year history, we don't get many active roleplayers. Many of them don't make their creation or leave days after joining. And lots of those who do start roleplaying never make it to warrior-hood. SkyClan has been big at certain points of time, but that's not really the point. They're just thinning out the Clans. If we were to give SkyClan the axe, it'd allow for more people to be distributed to the other four. Okay, WindClan might always be small compared to RiverClan, but at least they wouldn't have some of their potential members leeched.

And with the plot happening and SkyClan staying with ThunderClan, there is no better time than now. The Clans might get a small flux of members and future joining roleplayers will have a narrower choice of Clans. The dissolution of SkyClan could give way to the second story arc; just writing this is giving me ideas.

CONS
The problems with this plan being two major ones; SkyClan's current members and the Warriors canon.

I doubt that SkyClan's members are going to be very happy with me when they see this, because they don't want to leave SkyClan. It's like when we have little squabbles on chat about the validity of ThunderClan's claim on Sunningrocks or when we joke about ShadowClan and WindClan choking each other out. There's a bit of pride and love you develop for the Clan. And what about Flamestar? While the rest of SkyClan could possibly leave, he has multiple lives and has been blessed by StarClan (see pro above). And on top of that, it'd just be humiliating for all of SkyClan's members.

The next part would be that it completely messes with the official Warriors canon. We all know how the story of SkyClan went. Twolegs tore the forest down to build the Twolegplace and no one was willing to give SkyClan any of their land, so they condemned StarClan for forsaking them and left. However, if we do that now, then the characters in the books would now never exist. It'd just be a big messy disaster.

BINGLY BONGLY BOO
I personally think this would be good, but I tried to present you the argument without any of my bias. You'll vote yes or no. The poll will automatically end in three days, so if you don't get your vote in then don't start yelling at me about it. If SkyClan is rid of, then the staff will decide what happens from there.

Post your opinion below, but I urge you all to be civil about it. I tried to present both the positives and negatives that I could think of, so you don't really have to repeat everything I said in a big rant, but just be polite about it.

I know this will eventually break down into an argument, but don't bite someone's head off if you can help it. These are just opinions, after all. Don't yell at other people or call them or their opinions dumb (yes, I'm talking to you in particular). Just try to be mature about it, alright?

EDIT: I edited out the "only post once" thing.

Dissolve SkyClan? - Page 4 I42GrfL

Last edited by Sleepy on Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:25 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://beata.forumotion.com/
Share this post on: reddit

Dissolve SkyClan? :: Comments

Kitty
Re: Dissolve SkyClan?
Post Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:46 pm by Kitty
@May:
IF it does.

Sunny:
Yeah. Coldheart would have less power than Lionstar's deputy.
But I don't think that rule would really apply to the Medicine cats, for they are important either way. Still, if it does happen, I'd still chat with the admins so we have things like that. If something else does go through though, I wouldn't mind.
Sleepy
Post Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:52 pm by Sleepy
The idea of SkyClan merging with ThunderClan appeals slightly, and I can see the sub-Clan thing happening out of respect for Flamestar. But I think it'd be a de facto thing at best, with the SkyClan cats naturally taking orders from Flamestar instead of Lionstar. By the end of it, I'm sure SkyClan would go the way of the Prussia and be practically absorbed by ThunderClan rather than Clanception. kno wut i meen?

Basically, it'd just be a slow and easy death for SkyClan.
Reaper King
Post Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:55 pm by Reaper King
The sub clan thing would work, but still it would just double (maybe) Thunder-clans numbers! And where would the other clans be? They could easily be taken over! Also if Skyclan can't fend for themselves then none of the other clans would be able to because they are bigger, and would have to disperse food farther. Even if the thing went through, and we didn't do the sub clan thing, It has been proven to me that most of them would go to Shadowclan or Riverclan. I have seen it from Kes, Echo, and Opal. What about the other clans that need the people? We would have to force some to go to a clan that they don't like to even out the numbers. And Honestly Skyclan is perfectly fine on where they are at. Each clan has gone through small numbers before, especially Windclan in the past, but we didn't force them to disperse. So why should we now?

What I was trying to say Sleepy is that you may get swamped with new people asking for Skyclan back.
Sleepy
Post Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:00 pm by Sleepy
Coon wrote:
The sub clan thing would work, but still it would just double (maybe) Thunder-clans numbers! And where would the other clans be? They could easily be taken over! Also if Skyclan can't fend for themselves then none of the other clans would be able to because they are bigger, and would have to disperse food farther. Even if the thing went through, and we didn't do the sub clan thing, It has been proven to me that most of them would go to Shadowclan or Riverclan. I have seen it from Kes, Echo, and Opal. What about the other clans that need the people? We would have to force some to go to a clan that they don't like to even out the numbers. And Honestly Skyclan is perfectly fine on where they are at. Each clan has gone through small numbers before, especially Windclan in the past, but we didn't force them to disperse. So why should we now?

What I was trying to say Sleepy is that you may get swamped with new people asking for Skyclan back.

Oh, I see x3

Though, ThunderClan being the top dog might be a nice change of pace.

And no, I do not know which side I am on anymore. I am on Sleepy's side now.
Tigs
Post Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:12 pm by Tigs
Actually, I think doubling the members would actually even out the clans. They would then have 15 members, as opposed to SC's and RC's 12 members, though WC only has 9. They would then be rather even, and I doubt very much that they would be able to easily take over any of the other clans, as about 6 of those members would be kits.
Moon
Post Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:37 pm by Moon
Sleepy, the eventual absorbing of SkyClan into ThunderClan's society is what I thought was the point. At first they would be "ah, blah ur a skyclan kitteh sleep in teh back of da den" but then they would probably integrate. The next generation of kits would, at least. :3
Sleepy
Post Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:38 pm by Sleepy
I'm tired, ignore me ;w;

But yeah, that sounds good.
Splotch
Post Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:42 pm by Splotch
So, yes? They are dissolving, into ThunderClan? The votes are tied. MAKE UP YOUR MIND PEOPLE. ;A;
Sleepy
Post Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:50 pm by Sleepy
Splotchy wrote:
So, yes? They are dissolving, into ThunderClan? The votes are tied. MAKE UP YOUR MIND PEOPLE. ;A;

The poll hasn't ended yet ;A;
Kes
Post Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:50 pm by Kes
Kes would still going to RC. Just saying.
Sleepy
Post Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:52 pm by Sleepy
Kestrelflight wrote:
Kes would still going to RC. Just saying.

If they dissolved into TC?

:nofaceplz:

TC actually needs a full MC and RC already has one, along with a bunch of members.
Kes
Post Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:13 pm by Kes
What. The. Fawk.
No. I think the dissolving a horrible idea. I liked the spread out part. Plus, you promised sleepy.
Kitty
Post Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:25 pm by Kitty
@Kes:
more people are leaning towards the "Going into Thunderclan" Kes.
Even if we had to spread out, THINK OF THE KITS! D: We can't have them wandering unknown territory. Besides, if we did have to, Coldheart know's that she'd flee to either Riverclan or Windclan. Since Coldheart likes water, /shot Skyclan kitty likes water. and because she's quick and she likes the open.

FINALLY!ANIDEAALOTOFPEOPLELIKE!

Stamp Earned:
To: Sleepy & Kitty
For: Being Tired and being on Sleepy's side.
Sleepy
Post Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:27 pm by Sleepy
Kestrelflight wrote:
What. The. Fawk.
No. I think the dissolving a horrible idea. I liked the spread out part. Plus, you promised sleepy.

I didn't promise you crap.

It had been my original idea that SkyClan would spread out, but it really just makes more sense and is more practical to have them all sit in ThunderClan... They've all been acquainted with the ThunderClan cats, so my worries about everyone being too friendly are diminished. Plus everything that we listed above.
Kes
Post Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:30 pm by Kes
Look, you should let us do what we want. You're already taking away the clan WE chose to be in. There's a reason. SkyClan always was so cool to me. SkyClan is US. So you're taking that away. Ok. Plots. You'll be messing up all of OUR plots, changing OUR characters, and messing with OUR lives. To you guys it seems fair. But your whole life roleplay intentions aren't crumbling down around you. If you axe our clan, at LEAST give us the freedom of what to do.
Post  by Sponsored content

Dissolve SkyClan?

Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next