Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Dissolve SkyClan?

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Should we get rid of SkyClan?
Yes
Dissolve SkyClan? - Page 3 Vote_lcap49%Dissolve SkyClan? - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 49% [ 19 ]
No
Dissolve SkyClan? - Page 3 Vote_lcap51%Dissolve SkyClan? - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 51% [ 20 ]
Total Votes : 39

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Sleepy

Sleepy

Clan/Rank : RiverClan
Capricorn Tiger
Number of posts : 9738

Dissolve SkyClan? - Page 3 Empty
PostDissolve SkyClan?

PROS
There are four seasons, four trees, and I think like initially intended, four Clans. All four Clans surround and center around Fourtrees, which they all have direct access to. Along with that, they're separated by big and easy to see cuts in the landscape. Not only that, but those cuts in the landscape are dangerous to cross and almost isolate the Clans from each other. You can't really stumble into a Clan territory on accident. SkyClan on the other hand, does not follow any of these criteria. They have to cross ThunderClan territory to get to Fourtrees, their territory is similar to ThunderClan's, and they don't appear to be separated from them by anything. All the other Clans have developed different ideals and techniques in their semi-isolation while SkyClan's skills seems to be ones that ThunderClan already possesses.

From a site standpoint, we have to face the fact that some Clans aren't going to be as popular as others. And despite accumulating 1580 members in our four year history, we don't get many active roleplayers. Many of them don't make their creation or leave days after joining. And lots of those who do start roleplaying never make it to warrior-hood. SkyClan has been big at certain points of time, but that's not really the point. They're just thinning out the Clans. If we were to give SkyClan the axe, it'd allow for more people to be distributed to the other four. Okay, WindClan might always be small compared to RiverClan, but at least they wouldn't have some of their potential members leeched.

And with the plot happening and SkyClan staying with ThunderClan, there is no better time than now. The Clans might get a small flux of members and future joining roleplayers will have a narrower choice of Clans. The dissolution of SkyClan could give way to the second story arc; just writing this is giving me ideas.

CONS
The problems with this plan being two major ones; SkyClan's current members and the Warriors canon.

I doubt that SkyClan's members are going to be very happy with me when they see this, because they don't want to leave SkyClan. It's like when we have little squabbles on chat about the validity of ThunderClan's claim on Sunningrocks or when we joke about ShadowClan and WindClan choking each other out. There's a bit of pride and love you develop for the Clan. And what about Flamestar? While the rest of SkyClan could possibly leave, he has multiple lives and has been blessed by StarClan (see pro above). And on top of that, it'd just be humiliating for all of SkyClan's members.

The next part would be that it completely messes with the official Warriors canon. We all know how the story of SkyClan went. Twolegs tore the forest down to build the Twolegplace and no one was willing to give SkyClan any of their land, so they condemned StarClan for forsaking them and left. However, if we do that now, then the characters in the books would now never exist. It'd just be a big messy disaster.

BINGLY BONGLY BOO
I personally think this would be good, but I tried to present you the argument without any of my bias. You'll vote yes or no. The poll will automatically end in three days, so if you don't get your vote in then don't start yelling at me about it. If SkyClan is rid of, then the staff will decide what happens from there.

Post your opinion below, but I urge you all to be civil about it. I tried to present both the positives and negatives that I could think of, so you don't really have to repeat everything I said in a big rant, but just be polite about it.

I know this will eventually break down into an argument, but don't bite someone's head off if you can help it. These are just opinions, after all. Don't yell at other people or call them or their opinions dumb (yes, I'm talking to you in particular). Just try to be mature about it, alright?

EDIT: I edited out the "only post once" thing.

Dissolve SkyClan? - Page 3 I42GrfL

Last edited by Sleepy on January 2nd 2013, 11:25 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://beata.forumotion.com/
Share this post on: reddit

Dissolve SkyClan? :: Comments

Kes
Re: Dissolve SkyClan?
Post January 1st 2013, 6:31 pm by Kes
Echo (Silentkit) wrote:
Kestrelflight wrote:
Vote cancel: Bye SkyClan
I was promised that Kestel could go to RC and be accepted as a full MC.
Just making sure that's on record.

Wait wait wait... So technically, you WANT SkyClan to leave Kes? /shot
I can't convince you to change back to keeping SkyClan, but alright.
Nix ♥
Post January 1st 2013, 6:35 pm by Nix ♥
    I don't want Skyclan to go. *how explain it in a good an understandable english ?*
    Well, if one da you want to see some french sites, by curiosity, you'll see that is ALWAYS Thunder, River, Wind and Shadow (sometimes dogs, of fffff...). We I went on this site, I thought "Oh good ! Skyclan for once, finally a forum which innovates". And Skyclan has his skills : jump hight, wide hips and a good expansion for the jumps (do you understand ? cx)
    And, I want to have my second life in SC, I don't know why, I have some affection for this Clan (the name maybe, I really love clouds and sky, don't know why), in Firesqtar's Q., I really liked Leafstar and Cherrytail.
    Please, let Skyclan lives for moons.

PS : Well, I was good ? xD
Ice Cream Zombie
Post January 1st 2013, 6:55 pm by Ice Cream Zombie
I vote No.

I agree with Coon, and you may think of it as making a difference in clan numbers...

...Well it won't. There are only perhaps, 5 active members in Skyclan. Four of them could disperse fine, but that would only really make up 1 for each clan. Not a big difference.

As for Flamestar, I highly doubt Storm is just going to give up her extra lives and position that easily, though there would be no where for that specific character to go, considering he has extra lives. So we'd have to deal with that issue first.

So not only would this create a slight positive difference, it would create several negative issues, and with a large plot going on at the moment, no one wants to deal with these issues.

So if this does end up being done, I'd like to administrators to think about some solutions to these problems before actually putting this into action. If it doesn't end up being done, then each clan simply won't get one extra member in their clan.

In my conclusion, this will become far more complicated than it first seems in the end, and really isn't worth it. I myself completely agree with most of the Pros up there in Sleepy's original post, however they'd only end up being very slightly helpful in the end and more problems would emerge.
Opal
Post January 1st 2013, 6:55 pm by Opal
I do want SkyClan to stay for they are a good clan and my favorite by far but if the votes on "Yes" are higher, I shall make my character, Aspenkit, venture on a journey to ShadowClan who from what I hear, need more kits.
Stormi the Gummy
Post January 1st 2013, 6:57 pm by Stormi the Gummy
My answer is...

NO.

Yeah, this isn't going to happen. I don't give a crap what anyone says, It's NOT HAPPENING. It's completely unfair to me and some of the other Skyclan members, not to mention like Coon said, messes up everything.

So no.
Kitty
Post January 1st 2013, 7:09 pm by Kitty
I vote NO.

I agree with Coon, Storm, and Zombie.

I am glad that I got Deputy position. I ain't gonna give it up without a bad ash fight. Yeah, Coldheart is a queen, but she is also basically still the deputy. Even though she has kits. I say that is because:
1: No one is Skyclan is eligible to be the SkC deputy at the moment.
2: Fair is Fair.
Moon
Post January 1st 2013, 7:13 pm by Moon
How is it unfair to SkyClan members at all? You guys will be able to join other Clans.

Quote :
...Well it won't. There are only perhaps, 5 active members in Skyclan. Four of them could disperse fine, but that would only really make up 1 for each clan. Not a big difference.

This is a good point. SkyClan hardly qualifies as a Clan in terms of sheer number. In fact, you guys are more of a band of rogues.
May
Post January 1st 2013, 7:15 pm by May
What moo says is true. Hardly any of you are really active in roleplay anyway.
Ebby
Post January 1st 2013, 7:19 pm by Ebby
How do you know that, May? D; Unless you stalk SkyClan on a basis. They're kinda territory-less at the moment and I see SkyClan active in tons of border topics with ThunderClan at the moment.
And quite honestly, how many of us are constantly on top of rp? .3. They're better than most.

And yes, Nix, it made perfect sense. <3
Kitty
Post January 1st 2013, 7:23 pm by Kitty
What moo says IS true, but we still keep Skyclan alive.

What I think *would* be fair is if we joined Thunderclan, but we were kinda our own clan within a clan. We would have our own deputy, leader, etc. But we would be still Thunderclan cats.

Get what I am saying?
If not, here is a summary:
Skyclan becomes part of thunderclan, but we are a clan within a clan/sub-clan.
Moon
Post January 1st 2013, 7:30 pm by Moon
That might work, actually, Kitty. SkyClan might come to ThunderClan seeking refuge, saying that they can't protect themselves because they're small, etc. and ThunderClan reluctantly agrees to take them in. SkyClan's influence has completely dissolved, but out of respect the cats still keep their ranks. (Leader, dep, medicine cat)
Kitty
Post January 1st 2013, 7:38 pm by Kitty
Exactly, Moo!
I think it would be better for all SkC cats. Seeing that there are only like, 5 actual roleplaying people.
I can talk to the admins about some other things that go along with that. So we have it all planned if to do that and sh!t. So we really aren't getting rid of Skyclan, they are just joining onto Thunderclan and becoming a Sub-Clan.
May
Post January 1st 2013, 7:39 pm by May
Nothing has been decided, Ember. :/
Sun
Post January 1st 2013, 7:41 pm by Sun
If this works, and they do indeed become a 'sub-Clan,' then Flamestar would still have less power than Lionstar. Hence sub-Clan. And the deputy have still less power. You'd have to get SkyClan to agree, but it seems like it has a chance of working.
Sleepy
Post January 1st 2013, 7:44 pm by Sleepy
I know that I changed my vote to "No" and I shouldn't argue with the people that I'm supposed to be siding with, but I'm bored and tired and this has been taunting me like the little harlot that it is ever since you posted it.

Coon wrote:
Also as you are messing with the history of getting rid of Skyclan, newer members would notice in the old canon thing that there was a Skyclan and might ask for it back, unless you want to get rid of the Skyclan part of the old Canon too so no one would ever notice.

The more I look at this, the less sense it makes. I literally have no idea what you're trying to say.

If a new member asked for SkyClan back, then so what? Why would we delete the SkyClan part of the Old Canon (something invented for the sole purpose of looking at stuff) to avoid new members from seeing it?

I don't really even know what to type, because I really don't know. D;

EDIT: NEW POSTS EVERYWHERE POSTING BEFORE ME BUT I DON'T GIVE A FAWK YOLO *presses send*

Last edited by Sleepy on January 1st 2013, 7:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post  by Sponsored content

Dissolve SkyClan?

Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next