Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

The Term "Battle Practice" is Questionable

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Sleepy

Sleepy

Clan/Rank : RiverClan
Capricorn Tiger
Number of posts : 9738

The Term "Battle Practice" is Questionable Empty
PostSubject: The Term "Battle Practice" is Questionable   The Term "Battle Practice" is Questionable EmptyMon 31 Dec 2012 - 0:17

The cold nipping at his fur and ear tips woke Reedheart up, and he blinked away the early light that shone weakly through the gray clouds hanging in the sky. The young RiverClan warrior could feel butterflies dance and flit in his stomach when he realized what day it was. He was a mentor now, and this was to be Wingedpaw's first day of training. Reedheart stood up, stretching the stiffness from his limbs and yawning loudly. Feeling the drowsiness wash away, he began to pad towards the apprentice den nearby, which was coated in rich green moss that seemed resilient to the cold despite much of the plant life that withered away around it.

"Wingedpaw! Wake up!" he called, lashing his tail. A smile played across his face, thinking of what to do and what to say. He was a mentor now! And so soon after his warrior ceremony at that! Apprentice duties... Reedheart was both blessed and cursed with his apprenticeship. While he moped in Morningfur's den due to the injuries he had sustained, the others had to clean out Berrysplash's ticks and clean out the dirtplace. The thought made him laugh now when an idea crossed his mind. The youthful cat poked his head in, prodding the pure white bundle of fur that stuck out among the brown and green like a WindClan elder in the ShadowClan nursery.

The Term "Battle Practice" is Questionable I42GrfL
Back to top Go down
http://beata.forumotion.com/
Bluemoon

Bluemoon

Clan/Rank : RiverClan apprentice
Virgo Rat
Number of posts : 31

PostSubject: Re: The Term "Battle Practice" is Questionable   The Term "Battle Practice" is Questionable EmptySun 6 Jan 2013 - 0:08

Her emerald eyes bolted open at the call of her mentor. Wingedpaw pressed her paws down gently and pushed her body upright, she shook her pelt and licked the moss off of her white pelt. The she-cat breathed in deeply, it was her first day or training. What did Reedheart have planned for the day? Her heart whirled at the thoughts. Wingedpaw pushed her way through the den, almost knocking right into her mentor, she pulled her ears back in embarrassment. "Good morning, Reedheart!" she purred and attempted to push the excitement away and act civilized.

[OOC: I'm so bad Dx]
Back to top Go down
http://specklestar123.weebly.com/
Sleepy

Sleepy

Capricorn Tiger

PostSubject: Re: The Term "Battle Practice" is Questionable   The Term "Battle Practice" is Questionable EmptySun 6 Jan 2013 - 0:22

"Good morning!" the warrior greeted, ears flicking. "Ready for your first day of training?" Reedheart asked, and he couldn't suppress the smile on his face. He felt like a new apprentice again also. "I've got some things in mind."

Back to top Go down
Bluemoon

Bluemoon

Virgo Rat

PostSubject: Re: The Term "Battle Practice" is Questionable   The Term "Battle Practice" is Questionable EmptySun 6 Jan 2013 - 0:34

Wingedpaw smiled brightly at her mentor, "Yes! Yes I am!" she practically shouted out of pure excitement. Her body was shaking at all the possibilities, battle training, hunting, exploring the territory, it all seemed so exciting! Where would they begin?
Back to top Go down
Sleepy

Sleepy

Capricorn Tiger

PostSubject: Re: The Term "Battle Practice" is Questionable   The Term "Battle Practice" is Questionable EmptySun 6 Jan 2013 - 1:18

"Come on the, follow me!" Reedheart mewed, bounding off towards the entrance and slipping into the stream that protected RiverClan camp, surfacing at the other side in a heartbeat. "We're heading to the river!" Reedheart yelled behind him, and without waiting, darted off.

Back to top Go down
Bluemoon

Bluemoon

Virgo Rat

PostSubject: Re: The Term "Battle Practice" is Questionable   The Term "Battle Practice" is Questionable EmptySun 6 Jan 2013 - 12:03

The new apprentice picked up her pace, struggling to stay behind her mentor. Wingedpaw was breathing fast and hard in a heartbeat, her short legs were of no comparison to that of the full grown warrior.
Back to top Go down
Sleepy

Sleepy

Capricorn Tiger

PostSubject: Re: The Term "Battle Practice" is Questionable   The Term "Battle Practice" is Questionable EmptyMon 7 Jan 2013 - 5:02

Reedheart slowed to a stop as the glittering water of the river appeared in front of him, turning around to face his apprentice with an excited glint in his eyes, which flickered when he noticed her exhaustion. His fur burned hot. "Oh, uh... sorry." he said with an embarrassed stammer, before standing tall. "We'll be practicing how to battle today." Reedheart began, his tail motioning towards the river. It was flowing slowly, and ice was forming at the edges. It was much thinner than usual and frighteningly shallow.

"The other Clans fear water, but with the river low and the current slow it'll do little to keep the other Clans away." Reedheart shot a glance at the trees on the other side, remembering Grayheart's incident with the ThunderClan cat a couple moons ago. "You'll have to learn how to defend yourself and your Clanmates."

Reedheart had considered teaching her how to hunt first. It was Leafbare and RiverClan needed all the fish they could get their paws on. But danger seemed to lurk close by, and it gave Reedheart chills. He just desperately wished for Newleaf to come and bring new life to the forest. Perhaps it would wash away his fears as well.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Term "Battle Practice" is Questionable   The Term "Battle Practice" is Questionable Empty

Back to top Go down

The Term "Battle Practice" is Questionable
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: RiverClan Territory-
Jump to: