Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

30 States holding up petitions to secced from the US.

Go down 
+5
Rainy
Swifty
Shadow
Sleepy
Splotch
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Splotch

Splotch

Characters : Sleepycloud, Hopepaw, Lakekit
Clan/Rank : Ye Old Member-- ALL THUNDERCLAN OOPS Sleepycloud (T2), Hopepaw [App], Lake [Kit]
Taurus Dragon
Number of posts : 3537

30 States holding up petitions to secced from the US. Empty
PostSubject: 30 States holding up petitions to secced from the US.   30 States holding up petitions to secced from the US. EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 7:26 pm

WHAT!? WHAT IS THIS MADNESS!?They actually think the Government is going to just, LET them go?!

Sleepycloud || Hopepaw || Lakekit
Back to top Go down
Sleepy

Sleepy

Clan/Rank : RiverClan
Capricorn Tiger
Number of posts : 9738

PostSubject: Re: 30 States holding up petitions to secced from the US.   30 States holding up petitions to secced from the US. EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 7:32 pm

Either I'm extremely late on the news or you're getting information from a less-than-reliable source.

30 States holding up petitions to secced from the US. I42GrfL
Back to top Go down
http://beata.forumotion.com/
Sleepy

Sleepy

Capricorn Tiger

PostSubject: Re: 30 States holding up petitions to secced from the US.   30 States holding up petitions to secced from the US. EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 7:44 pm

Excuse my double-post and blatant ignorance of the edit button, but the truth is that I am lazy and that a bit of double posting didn't hurt anyone. Also I didn't want my point to be lost if I posted this.

One, it turns out that these are just citizens filinng from these petitions. Two, states are not legally allowed to secede.

On the other hand, Puerto Rico may be upgraded from U.S. territory to U.S. state. So there's that.

Back to top Go down
Shadow
Former Staff
Former Staff
Shadow

Characters : Bramblekit
Clan/Rank : Windclan kit
Leo Pig
Number of posts : 6644

PostSubject: Re: 30 States holding up petitions to secced from the US.   30 States holding up petitions to secced from the US. EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 10:31 pm

Puerto Rico a U.S. state? o.o that's a little odd... well, it's going to be x3

But about the how secession thing: It's all stupid and pointless. It's just a bunch of butthurt citizens deciding to put words into actions which are just going to be knocked down anyway.

eh.. whatever :P
Back to top Go down
Sleepy

Sleepy

Capricorn Tiger

PostSubject: Re: 30 States holding up petitions to secced from the US.   30 States holding up petitions to secced from the US. EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 4:02 am

Shadow wrote:

Hawaii: A former US territory; an island archipelago in the middle of the Pacific Ocean with a different culture and a different secondary language.
Puerto Rico: A US territory; a couple of really small islands and then a slightly big mainland island in the middle of the Carribean with a different culture and a different primary language.

They're all American citizens who use American money and passports, but they can't vote. They can vote for their own Governor, but that's it.

Things keeping them from being a state:

1. They have a population of four million and since we apparently can't add seats to Congress some other states would have to lose some.
  2. Us Americans are a bunch of over-sentimental arses who would get so butthurt over adding another star to the flag that they'd whine and protest enough to prevent four million Americans from being able to vote for their government.
  3. The Fifty Nifty song would be ruined.

Back to top Go down
Swifty

Swifty

Clan/Rank : Windclan Leader~Shadowclan Apprentice~Windclan Warrior
Capricorn Buffalo
Number of posts : 2370

PostSubject: Re: 30 States holding up petitions to secced from the US.   30 States holding up petitions to secced from the US. EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 6:18 pm

Sleepy wrote:
Shadow wrote:

Hawaii: A former US territory; an island archipelago in the middle of the Pacific Ocean with a different culture and a different secondary language.
Puerto Rico: A US territory; a couple of really small islands and then a slightly big mainland island in the middle of the Carribean with a different culture and a different primary language.

They're all American citizens who use American money and passports, but they can't vote. They can vote for their own Governor, but that's it.

1. They have a population of four million and since we apparently can't add seats to Congress some other states would have to lose some.
  2. Us Americans are a bunch of over-sentimental arses who would get so butthurt over adding another star to the flag that they'd whine and protest enough to prevent four million Americans from being able to vote for their government.

You do know Puerto Rico votes whether or not they want to become a state? (IF my history teacher taught us correctly, excuse me if I'm wrong.) As a territory they get benefits but as far as I know, no taxes.

As for this, I heard about it. No state can legally secede from the Union. That didn't stop the Civil war, did it?

First Life: Swiftstar, Windclan leader.
Second Life: Moonsoul (Moonpaw, he died before he became a warrior.)
Third Life: Silverthorn

30 States holding up petitions to secced from the US. DeQnf30 States holding up petitions to secced from the US. UTs4e30 States holding up petitions to secced from the US. CmOB330 States holding up petitions to secced from the US. L5Bv6

I
AM
Swuftuffleuffpuffleamooluffleacus

30 States holding up petitions to secced from the US. Swufty

30 States holding up petitions to secced from the US. 18
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Sleepy

Sleepy

Capricorn Tiger

PostSubject: Re: 30 States holding up petitions to secced from the US.   30 States holding up petitions to secced from the US. EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 7:36 pm

Swifty wrote:
Sleepy wrote:
Shadow wrote:

You do know Puerto Rico votes whether or not they want to become a state? (IF my history teacher taught us correctly, excuse me if I'm wrong.) As a territory they get benefits but as far as I know, no taxes.

As for this, I heard about it. No state can legally secede from the Union. That didn't stop the Civil war, did it?

And Puerto Rico voted for statehood with a majority vote of 61%.

They also pay most but not all of American taxes.

It's not just a thing that Puerto Rico votes for and they're in xP

Back to top Go down
Rainy

Rainy

Characters : Heatherpaw
Pisces Buffalo
Number of posts : 5137

PostSubject: Re: 30 States holding up petitions to secced from the US.   30 States holding up petitions to secced from the US. EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 7:05 pm

Yeah, the states can sign petitions all they want, but honestly, nothing could happen. Texas got over 70K signatures, which means that the government has to respond at least.
Back to top Go down
Kes

Kes

Characters : [F] Falconstone ✽ [H] Hawkpaw ✽ [M] Maplepaw ✽ [V] Vulturekit ✽ [K] Kestrelkit ✽
Clan/Rank : [F] WindClan Young Warrior ✽ [H] ShadowClan Apprentice ✽ [M] ShadowClan Apprentice ✽ [V] WindClan Unborn ✽ [K] ShadowClan Unborn ✽
Virgo Tiger
Number of posts : 2197

PostSubject: Re: 30 States holding up petitions to secced from the US.   30 States holding up petitions to secced from the US. EmptyFri Nov 16, 2012 8:38 pm

That's just... Messed up.

ll #996600 ll #000066 ll #FF6347 ll #666699 ll #669900 ll
ll WindClan ll ShadowClan ll ShadowClan ll WindClan ll ShadowClan ll
~𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓇𝒶𝒸𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝐵𝑜𝑜𝓀 ~
30 States holding up petitions to secced from the US. B6dp9h
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: 30 States holding up petitions to secced from the US.   30 States holding up petitions to secced from the US. EmptyFri Nov 16, 2012 9:18 pm

That's just bull. I mean seriously, it's bull. I don't care, I'm always gonna be an american~
Back to top Go down
Mossy

Mossy

Scorpio Dragon
Number of posts : 5271

PostSubject: Re: 30 States holding up petitions to secced from the US.   30 States holding up petitions to secced from the US. EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 12:18 pm

Actually, it's all fifty states now. See, these butthurt residents don't like Obama. The Texas governer doesn't like the idea of secession though.

Jay

Taurus Tiger
Number of posts : 9353

PostSubject: Re: 30 States holding up petitions to secced from the US.   30 States holding up petitions to secced from the US. EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 12:39 pm

Lol. All 50 states succeeding would just be recreating the US.

Splotch

Splotch

Characters : Sleepycloud, Hopepaw, Lakekit
Clan/Rank : Ye Old Member-- ALL THUNDERCLAN OOPS Sleepycloud (T2), Hopepaw [App], Lake [Kit]
Taurus Dragon
Number of posts : 3537

PostSubject: Re: 30 States holding up petitions to secced from the US.   30 States holding up petitions to secced from the US. EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 12:49 pm

I'd think we'd just be succeeding from Washington D.C... o3o

Sleepycloud || Hopepaw || Lakekit
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

Clan/Rank : ThunderClan Kit
Scorpio Rat
Number of posts : 3521

PostSubject: Re: 30 States holding up petitions to secced from the US.   30 States holding up petitions to secced from the US. EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 1:50 pm

Lol secede from D.C.? I'm in. ;D

Sleepy

Capricorn Tiger

PostSubject: Re: 30 States holding up petitions to secced from the US.   30 States holding up petitions to secced from the US. EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 2:05 pm

These petitions that people signed are from people all around the US. So yeah, technically it is people from all 50 states wanting to secede. It's not exactly a majority in any one state, though. Just a bunch of people who would probably be content with any state seceding. And this is also on the public section of the website, where the people signing the petition could be anyone from a normal person legally allowed to vote to a bored twelve year old who thinks another Civil War would be "like, totally cool and stuff" because he'd get to "pwn the government and stick it to the, uh, man. And stuff."

also D.C. only exists so the state capitol would be outside local state politics and 4t8uwh9ejds.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 30 States holding up petitions to secced from the US.   30 States holding up petitions to secced from the US. Empty

Back to top Go down

30 States holding up petitions to secced from the US.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Random Stuff-
Jump to: