Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Rain's Persuasive Essay That She Needs Help With

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Rainy

Rainy

Characters : Heatherpaw
Pisces Buffalo
Number of posts : 5137

Rain's Persuasive Essay That She Needs Help With Empty
PostSubject: Rain's Persuasive Essay That She Needs Help With   Rain's Persuasive Essay That She Needs Help With EmptyThu 19 Apr 2012 - 23:36

This is what I have so far:

For the past few years, Alex has been researching, hinting, and occasionally downright begging for a laptop. I have no done any research, but I am not hinting or begging, either. Although I do not know what type, I believe you should get me my own laptop because I am well-behaved, there are benefits to me having one, and it will not control my life.

Many kids nowadays are rude, wild, and sport a live-in-the-now attitude, but I am the opposite. In school, I maintain and strive for perfect grades. Last semester, I did not do as well in science as I did in my other classes. This semester, I have brought it up to the same level, studying more and working harder to gain a better understanding for tests. Also, at home, you have certain chores that you expect us to complete. Sometimes, I forget what I am supposed to do, but once I am reminded, I get it done. I also occasionally do extra work, such as washing and folding the laundry and vacuuming the basement. Finally, I am a quiet person in public and respect you. We have seen teenagers my age and younger acting superior towards their parents, making outrageous demands and throwing a temper tantrum when they do not receive what they want. Unlike my peers, I remain a mature, hard-working individual.

There are some results of computer usage that appear to bother you, yet there are benefits to me having my own laptop. My brother and I are constantly vying for the computer by the door, often creating tension between us. Alex also becomes upset by the amount of files, while you are irritated by the mess I leave on the desk. With my own computer in my room, my files would be off the computer downstairs, and I will be less likely to take and leave food dishes into my room. Also, school work could be done more efficiently. If Alex and I both had a typing assignment or needed the Internet for research, we could finish it sooner and not have to wait around for the other to complete their homework. Finally, owning a laptop will allow me to improve on my responsibility. Having a laptop in my room requires organizational skills, teaches me care of valuable items, and time management (not staying up too late, not staying locked up in my room, etcetera). Owning my own computer offers more positive results than negative.

Stereotypes place teenagers with their own computers in a dim light, almost literally. However, I will not become the face of that generalization. For the past couple of months, you have been attempting to motivate me to exercise and be healthier in my eating habits. I rarely did anything active, and for a short while, I watched what I ate. Conversely, if you bought me a laptop, I would exercise at home every day possible and keep track of my food. Another issue you bring up is my antisocial tendencies. I will put myself out in the world and push myself to be assertive, attending dances and agreeing to hang out with my friends more often. I know you are happy when I go out and make an effort to meet new people. My computer would do nothing to prevent me from being an active member of society.

All I need now is a concluding paragraph, and help with editing. THIS IS ONLY A ROUGH DRAFT, and we're doing peer editing tomorrow in class, so nothing super critical unless it's super constructive. Thanks, guys, I love you. ;u;
Back to top Go down
Jay

Jay

Taurus Tiger
Number of posts : 9353

PostSubject: Re: Rain's Persuasive Essay That She Needs Help With   Rain's Persuasive Essay That She Needs Help With EmptyThu 19 Apr 2012 - 23:45

This is well done. At least for a rough draft.

Ivy

Ivy

Clan/Rank : Skyclan Kit
Taurus Cat
Number of posts : 1035

PostSubject: Re: Rain's Persuasive Essay That She Needs Help With   Rain's Persuasive Essay That She Needs Help With EmptyFri 20 Apr 2012 - 0:25

I agree, and the fact that it has a story in it (personal or not) Makes it much better and appeals to the reader. If your targeting one audience, the way to get their attention is use like statistics or something, things that will appeal to them.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
http://iveh-ness.deviantart.com/
Sleepy

Sleepy

Clan/Rank : RiverClan
Capricorn Tiger
Number of posts : 9738

PostSubject: Re: Rain's Persuasive Essay That She Needs Help With   Rain's Persuasive Essay That She Needs Help With EmptyFri 20 Apr 2012 - 10:26

Very good. :3

Though, I imagine it'd be more effective if you tweaked the "sometimes I forget to ____", considering skewing information might be best.

Rain's Persuasive Essay That She Needs Help With I42GrfL
Back to top Go down
http://beata.forumotion.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rain's Persuasive Essay That She Needs Help With   Rain's Persuasive Essay That She Needs Help With Empty

Back to top Go down

Rain's Persuasive Essay That She Needs Help With
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Off Topic :: Artwork & Literature-
Jump to: